Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Testing new Online Ad-Hoc server
10-31-2015, 09:00 AM
RE: Testing new Online Ad-Hoc server
(10-09-2015 12:19 PM)onelight Wrote:  You need aemu: https://github.com/MrColdbird/aemu
But I don't know how to using it

BTW @paulaz2, he hosting another proserver: http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=13795

I have looked into it and very glad it is available. +1

I will be planning on a way to implement this in a different style/format. What I want to do, is create a heat map of players around the world to give a solid information what region is the most connected to the server at a time or online in general somewhere on the site. I think this would look really neat and be a good project to work on! Right now I've been working with the layout/structure of the website for livepsp.net and will work off any other ideas you guys would like to see or added to the site. Also the IP address has changed and I have gotten many questions about this: To use my server you will need to enter in the ppsspp "livepsp.net" and open a dmz port on your modem/router for your "device" depending on your region. There is a special thread about it that is pinned I believe?

Also some of you who may not already know but for those that do know, as of recent I have settled with a new chat client for the site as the recent "E-Chat" was a bit interesting to say the least... This new chat system has other specific lobbies that you can use while in a certain game. Kinda like channels or what I like to call "Blocks" for communicating with the right people who might be playing said game, etc. Definitely check it out and get connected! Use it to your advantage and let me know what you folks think! It's still new so a lot can change over time.

So I know this is also kind of asking a lot and I don't necessarily mean it but I will be requesting some help/support from those who are interested in help moderating the chat and other blocks/chat rooms. The only requirement is proof moderation from other sites(eg. forums.ppsspp.com, etc.) through a PM and we can discuss there. I really like those who are always going out of there way to keep a community that they love a safe and fun place every time they come to visit that can make users keep coming back time after time again, as it is very hard for me as I am currently a one man operation and so I would need your help if at all possible.

Sorry for such a lengthy post, just an update of what going on really lol.

Thanks!

Connect to me:
http://liveoriginal.org/ - Personal Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-31-2015, 11:43 AM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2015 11:43 AM by ViktorHunter.)
Thumbs Up RE: Testing new Online Ad-Hoc server
Wow cool! Looking forward to what comes next.
Find all posts by this user
11-01-2015, 08:15 PM
(08-17-2015 12:07 PM)xfxradeon Wrote:  
(07-02-2015 09:09 AM)paulaz2 Wrote:  if you can make dbz tenkaichi tag team working then i will be using your sever

Do you know of it working anywhere else?

Sorry I'm not on here as much, I don't seem to be getting notifications from the forums. But There has been some discussion to me about having to use hamachi and the ppsspp server to get Phantasy Star Universe IL2 to work properly. It seems like there is a secondary port that the game itself uses to connect to each other.

But I have not had the time lately to work on the source code for the ded. server. I would like to know how well the server is handling/performing. If there is any kind of lag issues or something of that nature... Please let me know!

(10-03-2015 08:46 PM)xfxradeon Wrote:  
(08-25-2015 05:36 PM)dragonxtamer596 Wrote:  Does your serve work to this day? Also how many people can it hold per game? How did you set up said server?
Yes. Just go to http://liveoriginal.servegame.com/ to see if it is up and running.
I just opened a port through the firewall and ran the service so people can connect.

Update: some news and other information will be announced over at my website, livepsp.net, and also other sister sitesas well. If you can't get ahold of me here, please send me an email t

(10-31-2015 09:00 AM)xfxradeon Wrote:  
(10-09-2015 12:19 PM)onelight Wrote:  You need aemu: https://github.com/MrColdbird/aemu
But I don't know how to using it

BTW @paulaz2, he hosting another proserver: http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=13795

I have looked into it and very glad it is available. +1

I will be planning on a way to implement this in a different style/format. What I want to do, is create a heat map of players around the world to give a solid information what region is the most connected to the server at a time or online in general somewhere on the site. I think this would look really neat and be a good project to work on! Right now I've been working with the layout/structure of the website for livepsp.net and will work off any other ideas you guys would like to see or added to the site. Also the IP address has changed and I have gotten many questions about this: To use my server you will need to enter in the ppsspp "livepsp.net" and open a dmz port on your modem/router for your "device" depending on your region. There is a special thread about it that is pinned I believe?

Also some of you who may not already know but for those that do know, as of recent I have settled with a new chat client for the site as the recent "E-Chat" was a bit interesting to say the least... This new chat system has other specific lobbies that you can use while in a certain game. Kinda like channels or what I like to call "Blocks" for communicating with the right people who might be playing said game, etc. Definitely check it out and get connected! Use it to your advantage and let me know what you folks think! It's still new so a lot can change over time.

So I know this is also kind of asking a lot and I don't necessarily mean it but I will be requesting some help/support from those who are interested in help moderating the chat and other blocks/chat rooms. The only requirement is proof moderation from other sites(eg. forums.ppsspp.com, etc.) through a PM and we can discuss there. I really like those who are always going out of there way to keep a community that they love a safe and fun place every time they come to visit that can make users keep coming back time after time again, as it is very hard for me as I am currently a one man operation and so I would need your help if at all possible.

Sorry for such a lengthy post, just an update of what going on really lol.

Thanks!

hey Trevor can you explain the port thing now my modem/router opens and on cmd I type the follow= ping livepsp.net and appears the Numbers and MS's and the TTL now all that works but I have one doubt what to do on DMZ?

https://www.youtube.com/user/MonsterHunterBr Channel for br hunters on ppsspp and for all who's interested in hunting monster with some other brs
11-01-2015, 08:54 PM
(11-01-2015 08:15 PM)Sepkfire Wrote:  ...
hey Trevor can you explain the port thing now my modem/router opens and on cmd I type the follow= ping livepsp.net and appears the Numbers and MS's and the TTL now all that works but I have one doubt what to do on DMZ?

This link from coldbird explains how to set it up properly. http://forum.coldbird.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=980

Connect to me:
11-09-2015, 05:06 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2015 05:08 PM by madpl.)
(02-25-2015 04:01 PM)xfxradeon Wrote:  Hey everyone! This is my first post and have been seeing a lot of people trying to get their adhoc mode working. I do own my own server that runs 24/7, and was curious to try running the newly released version of the Ad Hoc server for windows and thought I would give it a spin.

So my buddy and I have PSP (Phantasy star Portable) on our ppsspp, and since we live 5 houses apart, thought we could try this out.

So far we can get the server to connect us together but one of us get's disconnected when we reach the room screen and the other player just gets a blank grey screen in the game. We think this might be just a bug since the networking feature does state "beta, may break games".

But I am leaving this open to to the public who wishes to use this server to try and connect with their friends using other titles other than what we've tested with. Just to see if this is an issue on the server side or just the game itself.

To connect we used the latest version of PPSSPP which is 1.0 for windows, and below is a screenshot of how it was setup to connect to the server.

The basic setup.
Make sure you enable networking on ppsspp.
Set the ad hoc server IP to: livepsp.net or 24.210.18.72 (There is no need to put a port number as we discovered, this wont work at all with it.)
Edit: Leave the built in PRO ad hoc server off.

That's pretty much it.

Just some notes about the server is that I did notice that once you connect to the server. The server will identify what title you are playing, then if you go to create a new game in multiplayer it will see that you started a new group of that title. It did see multiple groups at once when we we're messing around with it, so it's a possible chance it will do the same for many titles at once.

I am currently building a service support page which you can check out over at liveoriginal.servegame.com and see all the other titles that I am currently hosting off the same server. I will soon add PPSSPP service support once I know that this is 100% working, and some other stuff as well.

Let me know what you guys think, and if you would like to help please feel free to leave me a PM!

Thanks everyone! Cool
there are no players

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

11-09-2015, 08:04 PM
(11-09-2015 05:06 PM)madpl Wrote:  there are no players

Ok? If you are looking to check to see if there are people on the server through the site, I am still in heavy development at the moment.. It will take me some time to get the tool I have developed to work with my server and keep in mind I'm only one person..

Also keep in mind this is a US-East server so usually peak hours are around 7-8PM when people are home during the weekday.

Connect to me:
12-03-2015, 05:06 PM
is this need DMZ enabled like coldbird?
12-03-2015, 05:11 PM
(12-03-2015 05:06 PM)mccainmx Wrote:  is this need DMZ enabled like coldbird?

depends right now what game it is you are playing. Not the server. Certain games will work fine with, and others without. I am currently helping with the DD:FF thread just right now I've been extremely busy atm.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=8017&page=9

Connect to me:
01-12-2016, 04:55 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2016 04:59 PM by coop500.)
For me I think it is working, I was able to see people in the gathering hall in mhp3rd, now I just need to figure out what settings I need to keep from disconnecting. Thank you very much for setting up this server. I am in gathering hall one if anyone wants to try with me, I changed some stuff and need testing.
01-15-2016, 05:15 PM
(01-12-2016 04:55 PM)coop500 Wrote:  For me I think it is working, I was able to see people in the gathering hall in mhp3rd, now I just need to figure out what settings I need to keep from disconnecting. Thank you very much for setting up this server. I am in gathering hall one if anyone wants to try with me, I changed some stuff and need testing.

Thank You for playing on my server! I have created my first very own forum for the first time. I will be putting up a LivePSP category with subcategories. I will keep the chat up as well, I just haven't had enough time to investigate with the server and setup a player online status that everyone has been asking for... Wish I had more help with that. But I will post a link to my forums once I get everything configured properly.

Connect to me:
01-16-2016, 08:22 PM
Oh you're welcome! Sadly I still can't figure out what I am doing wrong with my settings, I have been fiddling with it for days and I can't figure out what is wrong. For monster hunter does anyone happen to know if I still need to do the DZM thing? Because I heard it was dangerous and was trying to avoid it.

But I am confident it is not a server problem and moreso that I am still doing something wrong. If anyone that can use this server for monster hunter portable 3rd or unite I would appreciate to know what had to be done, thank you!
01-16-2016, 10:52 PM
(01-16-2016 08:22 PM)coop500 Wrote:  Oh you're welcome! Sadly I still can't figure out what I am doing wrong with my settings, I have been fiddling with it for days and I can't figure out what is wrong. For monster hunter does anyone happen to know if I still need to do the DZM thing? Because I heard it was dangerous and was trying to avoid it.

But I am confident it is not a server problem and moreso that I am still doing something wrong. If anyone that can use this server for monster hunter portable 3rd or unite I would appreciate to know what had to be done, thank you!

I can help with testing MHP3rd but Im that far in the Guild Quest (still havent done anything in there)

Try checking the Guild Hall 20

Old laptop: Lenovo G458
AMD/ATI Radeon HD 7310 | 1366x768@60Hz | APU E1-1200 Dual Core | 2.5 GB DDR3 400MHz | Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit

New laptop: Lenovo ideapad 100
Nvidia Geforce 920M 2GB / Intel HD Graphics 5500 | 1366x768@60Hz | Intel Core i3-5005U 2GB | 2GB DDR3 2000MHz | Window 10 Home 64-bit
01-16-2016, 11:32 PM
Were you Cyro? I went out with someone named that, or well... Tried to and it separated again... Thanks for letting me test again after changing some things. Right now sadly I don't know if there is anything else I can do just randomly, I need to search around more or wait until someone has a clearer answer.
01-16-2016, 11:44 PM
(01-16-2016 11:32 PM)coop500 Wrote:  Were you Cyro? I went out with someone named that, or well... Tried to and it separated again... Thanks for letting me test again after changing some things. Right now sadly I don't know if there is anything else I can do just randomly, I need to search around more or wait until someone has a clearer answer.
Yeah, that was me. You could try VPN program like Hamachi, Tunggle, Evolve, etc

Tunggle hard-crash multiple time my laptop for no reason. So, I dont want to use Tunggle

Old laptop: Lenovo G458
AMD/ATI Radeon HD 7310 | 1366x768@60Hz | APU E1-1200 Dual Core | 2.5 GB DDR3 400MHz | Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit

New laptop: Lenovo ideapad 100
Nvidia Geforce 920M 2GB / Intel HD Graphics 5500 | 1366x768@60Hz | Intel Core i3-5005U 2GB | 2GB DDR3 2000MHz | Window 10 Home 64-bit
01-17-2016, 12:03 AM
We!l the problem is I don't have a computer to use on this, just my tablet, all of those require a computer don't they?