Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Testing new Online Ad-Hoc server
02-25-2015, 04:01 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2015 07:48 AM by xfxradeon.)
Testing new Online Ad-Hoc server
Hey everyone! This is my first post and have been seeing a lot of people trying to get their adhoc mode working. I do own my own server that runs 24/7, and was curious to try running the newly released version of the Ad Hoc server for windows and thought I would give it a spin.

So my buddy and I have PSP (Phantasy star Portable) on our ppsspp, and since we live 5 houses apart, thought we could try this out.

So far we can get the server to connect us together but one of us get's disconnected when we reach the room screen and the other player just gets a blank grey screen in the game. We think this might be just a bug since the networking feature does state "beta, may break games".

But I am leaving this open to to the public who wishes to use this server to try and connect with their friends using other titles other than what we've tested with. Just to see if this is an issue on the server side or just the game itself.

To connect we used the latest version of PPSSPP which is 1.0 for windows, and below is a screenshot of how it was setup to connect to the server.

The basic setup.
Make sure you enable networking on ppsspp.
Set the ad hoc server IP to: livepsp.net or 24.210.18.72 (There is no need to put a port number as we discovered, this wont work at all with it.)
Edit: Leave the built in PRO ad hoc server off.

That's pretty much it.

Just some notes about the server is that I did notice that once you connect to the server. The server will identify what title you are playing, then if you go to create a new game in multiplayer it will see that you started a new group of that title. It did see multiple groups at once when we we're messing around with it, so it's a possible chance it will do the same for many titles at once.

I am currently building a service support page which you can check out over at liveoriginal.servegame.com and see all the other titles that I am currently hosting off the same server. I will soon add PPSSPP service support once I know that this is 100% working, and some other stuff as well.

Let me know what you guys think, and if you would like to help please feel free to leave me a PM!

Thanks everyone! Cool

Connect to me:
http://liveoriginal.org/ - Personal Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2015, 04:04 PM
RE: Testing new Online Ad-Hoc server
(02-25-2015 04:01 PM)xfxradeon Wrote:  Then enable the built in PRO ad hoc server.
Why?
Find all posts by this user
02-25-2015, 04:31 PM
(02-25-2015 04:04 PM)Bigpet Wrote:  
(02-25-2015 04:01 PM)xfxradeon Wrote:  Then enable the built in PRO ad hoc server.
Why?

Well, in all honesty, it looked like it was apart of the setting so it was tested with it on during the time last night. I just tried it again with it off and ppsspp was still able to talk to the server.

Connect to me:
02-25-2015, 05:23 PM
Quote:Well, in all honesty, it looked like it was apart of the setting so it was tested with it on during the time last night. I just tried it again with it off and ppsspp was still able to talk to the server.
thats the whole point of it... if you have your own server exe running on your ip than you dont need the " built in PRO ad hoc server" function. as the server is already running as a stand alone exe and ppsspp doesnt have to run it. thats whats the function " built in PRO ad hoc server" does. didnt want to sound mean just clear things up. i am happy to see people hosting networks/servers Smile

Join the EVOLVE PPSSPP Ad-Hoc Multiplayer Party ! My Evolve ID: Crashday | Group ID: PPSSPP Ad-Hoc Multiplayer | If you want me to test a Game for AdHoc Multiplayer or need help with it feel free to message me
02-25-2015, 05:27 PM
(02-25-2015 05:23 PM)xCrashdayx Wrote:  
Quote:Well, in all honesty, it looked like it was apart of the setting so it was tested with it on during the time last night. I just tried it again with it off and ppsspp was still able to talk to the server.
thats the whole point of it... if you have your own server exe running on your ip than you dont need the " built in PRO ad hoc server" function. as the server is already running as a stand alone exe and ppsspp doesnt have to run it. thats whats the function " built in PRO ad hoc server" does. didnt want to sound mean just clear things up. i am happy to see people hosting networks/servers Smile

Thanks Crashday, That does help knowing what it truly does. This is really the first time actually spending time with ppsspp. Usually I'm near to busy to game much now a days :'( but I can usually find time when I can. Smile

Connect to me:
02-25-2015, 06:58 PM
use the latest dev builds for testing, ie 1.0.1xx onwards.
02-26-2015, 02:18 AM
What kind of game your server support?
02-26-2015, 02:44 AM
Do we need new Online Ad-Hoc server?
we have coldbird.net which working well
02-26-2015, 03:51 AM
(02-26-2015 02:18 AM)RDF2050 Wrote:  What kind of game your server support?

well being an open adhoc server it should support any game. Let us know if you run into a game that has any issues.

@Onelight - which ever one works best for you, I haven't had any issues once I opened the port to it. I have seen quite a bit of activity from today so it looks like things are working as they should from my understanding.

@emmaus - I will look in to the later builds at some point. 1.0 was just the first I saw and downloaded it.

Connect to me:
02-26-2015, 06:29 AM
(02-26-2015 03:51 AM)xfxradeon Wrote:  

well being an open adhoc server it should support any game. Let us know if you run into a game that has any issues.

@Onelight - which ever one works best for you, I haven't had any issues once I opened the port to it. I have seen quite a bit of activity from today so it looks like things are working as they should from my understanding.

@emmaus - I will look in to the later builds at some point. 1.0 was just the first I saw and downloaded it.

If you can somehow contribute to make DBZ Shin Budokai 2 to be playable online, I believe people will be using your server for it.
02-26-2015, 08:33 AM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2015 09:09 AM by onelight.)
(02-26-2015 06:29 AM)RDF2050 Wrote:  

If you can somehow contribute to make DBZ Shin Budokai 2 to be playable online, I believe people will be using your server for it.
DBZ Shin Budokai 2 adhoc not work whichever server you use.
02-26-2015, 03:38 PM
(02-26-2015 08:33 AM)onelight Wrote:  
(02-26-2015 06:29 AM)RDF2050 Wrote:  

DBZ Shin Budokai 2 adhoc not work whichever server you use.

This means you can only play this game online with Adhoc Party. :/
02-28-2015, 05:26 AM
^ Thats what I figured most specially since for some reason my friend and I cannot get past the infinite walking loop in phantasy star portable 2. But have tested Wipeout Pure for at most an hour and seems to be working as it should.

I have done some major maintenance work on my servers main website over at liveoriginal.servegame.com, I have spent all my time today to get the site to detect the current status of the services that are running. Whether they are up or down. But I will say PPSSPP is not the only thing I share service to. Wink But I will look into the DBZ issue to see if we can figure out what the tangible cause may be, and see if I can peek into the adhoc code a bit and see what can be done.

Connect to me:
02-28-2015, 06:21 AM
(02-28-2015 05:26 AM)xfxradeon Wrote:  ^ Thats what I figured most specially since for some reason my friend and I cannot get past the infinite walking loop in phantasy star portable 2. But have tested Wipeout Pure for at most an hour and seems to be working as it should.

I have done some major maintenance work on my servers main website over at liveoriginal.servegame.com, I have spent all my time today to get the site to detect the current status of the services that are running. Whether they are up or down. But I will say PPSSPP is not the only thing I share service to. Wink But I will look into the DBZ issue to see if we can figure out what the tangible cause may be, and see if I can peek into the adhoc code a bit and see what can be done.

A lot people will really appreciate it.
03-03-2015, 09:18 AM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2015 02:38 AM by xfxradeon.)
Hey everyone. Those who are wondering, currently we have lost power in our area sometime this morning. services will be back up a soon as possible later today, and checking on our system and current hardware.

Once our power does return, you may experience some difficulties trying to communicate with the services, including the website. Some features may say "up and running" while others do not. This is just one of the problems that will have to be fixed In the meantime. Please follow liveoriginial.org for more status updates as this is our main page.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Edit: All services have been restored. Cause of the issue According to AEP, power went out around 5 a.m EDT when a line feeding a substation failed. Over 11K+ customers were without power and was restored around 11am this morning.

Connect to me: