Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 5 Average
Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack Community Expansion (WIP) [Updated 12/16/2021]
10-24-2021, 11:05 AM
RE: Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack Community Expansion (WIP) [Updated 01/28/2021]
Hey, thank you so much for the HD textures!
But I have some visual glitches. The eyes look a bit weird, for example they have no pupils and some strange lines:

https://imgur.com/a/jAv2dgK

I tried reinstalling and changing some settings but nothing helped. Is there a solution for this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-24-2021, 05:06 PM
RE: Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack Community Expansion (WIP) [Updated 01/28/2021]
(10-24-2021 11:05 AM)Yukari Wrote:  Hey, thank you so much for the HD textures!
But I have some visual glitches. The eyes look a bit weird, for example they have no pupils and some strange lines:

I tried reinstalling and changing some settings but nothing helped. Is there a solution for this?

Sorry, I am currently manually fixing them. It is an issue with upscaling. However, I'm no artist and this is taking quite a while.
10-24-2021, 05:13 PM
(10-24-2021 05:06 PM)TridentOfTheAbyss Wrote:  
(10-24-2021 11:05 AM)Yukari Wrote:  Hey, thank you so much for the HD textures!

Sorry, I am currently manually fixing them. It is an issue with upscaling. However, I'm no artist and this is taking quite a while.
I see, thanks for your hard work, I love it! I thought something on my side was the problem since I was pretty sure that I saw this texture pack in a youtube video without these issues, but I could be wrong. Thanks again, take your time. Smile
10-25-2021, 02:39 PM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2021 02:39 PM by TridentOfTheAbyss.)
(10-24-2021 05:13 PM)Yukari Wrote:  
(10-24-2021 05:06 PM)TridentOfTheAbyss Wrote:  ...
I see, thanks for your hard work, I love it! I thought something on my side was the problem since I was pretty sure that I saw this texture pack in a youtube video without these issues, but I could be wrong. Thanks again, take your time. Smile

Well, at this point, it's mostly just Aigis and Akihiko. In the version 2.2 beta patch, Yukari and Fuuka should be fixed. Unfortunately, Akihiko and Aigis are among the hardest to edit so I'll probably get to them in a later update unless someone does it for me.
11-01-2021, 11:14 AM
Hi! I wanted to install this mod but i'm quite new to this forums page and modding in general. i have a question, I can't seem to find my memstick folder. is this a common problem in ppsspp or did I install it incorrectly. I also don't know if this is the right place to ask this question.
11-02-2021, 12:42 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2021 12:43 PM by TridentOfTheAbyss.)
(11-01-2021 11:14 AM)its.kaiju Wrote:  Hi! I wanted to install this mod but i'm quite new to this forums page and modding in general. i have a question, I can't seem to find my memstick folder. is this a common problem in ppsspp or did I install it incorrectly. I also don't know if this is the right place to ask this question.

Yeah, there are more general threads about these questions. I don't know enough about the emulator to help you on this one. If you haven't run the emulator yet, that might be necessary for memstick to be created. Also, specify what device you are using (Windows, Android, etc.).
11-22-2021, 04:06 PM
This texture pack is awesome.

New to this, but am wondering if its possible to create a texture pack for Japanese kanji/text for the Japanese version of the game?

Or is it literally impossible since there are thousands of kanji, whereas english only as 26 letters?
11-23-2021, 01:11 PM (This post was last modified: 11-23-2021 01:12 PM by TridentOfTheAbyss.)
(11-22-2021 04:06 PM)hkoros Wrote:  This texture pack is awesome.

New to this, but am wondering if its possible to create a texture pack for Japanese kanji/text for the Japanese version of the game?

Or is it literally impossible since there are thousands of kanji, whereas english only as 26 letters?

I would have to find the Japanese font and then acclimate to the Japanese keyboard to type them all so yeah, it would be very annoying. Maybe I'll do it in the future, but that's a big maybe at the moment.
Alternatively, I could just try and upscale all of them using a text model, but they won't look very good, so I'm staying away from that option.
12-13-2021, 04:59 PM
I'm getting very close to releasing version 3.0, but it's still gonna take some time. Thankfully, the worst of it is done, which is to say I finished QCing and editing the Love Hotel textures. There was a lot of color filtering, but that's all done now. Here's an example: https://imgsli.com/ODYxMDk
12-14-2021, 03:47 PM
(12-13-2021 04:59 PM)TridentOfTheAbyss Wrote:  I'm getting very close to releasing version 3.0, but it's still gonna take some time. Thankfully, the worst of it is done, which is to say I finished QCing and editing the Love Hotel textures. There was a lot of color filtering, but that's all done now. Here's an example: https://imgsli.com/ODYxMDk

If you don't mind me asking, what else is yet to be completed?
12-14-2021, 07:11 PM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2021 08:49 PM by TridentOfTheAbyss.)
(12-14-2021 03:47 PM)ArcEnCiel Wrote:  
(12-13-2021 04:59 PM)TridentOfTheAbyss Wrote:  I'm getting very close to releasing version 3.0, but it's still gonna take some time. Thankfully, the worst of it is done, which is to say I finished QCing and editing the Love Hotel textures. There was a lot of color filtering, but that's all done now. Here's an example: https://imgsli.com/ODYxMDk

If you don't mind me asking, what else is yet to be completed?

Quality checking and editing all the scenario (area) textures, like for Tartarus. A lot of them either have missing filtering, are mislabeled, or are worse than the original texture. Either way, I'm getting close to done.

Edit: Stuff like this is just outside of my abilities. I can't adapt some of these FES textures to their P3P counterparts. https://imgsli.com/ODYzMTQ
If only I had minimal art skills.
12-16-2021, 03:50 PM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2021 03:53 PM by TridentOfTheAbyss.)
RE: Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack Community Expansion (WIP) [Updated 12/16/2021]
Wow, that didn't take too long, now did it... sorry. I was pretty busy this year, but that isn't the only thing that delayed this update (version 3.0). There were a lot of improvements to upscaling that I was testing out and I kept trying to improve the current upscales of textures or do completely new upscales. Eventually (very recently), I decided to get this belated update out without the new improvements because it had been too long. And that brings us to today...

What I plan to update in the upcoming updates:
-The dynamic backdrops need to be reupscaled. I don't know how I'm going to do it, but most methods are better than the current one, if only slightly.
-The cutscene screenshots need to be reupscaled using a new method someone gave to me on the Game Upscale Discord.
-The effects need to be upscaled. They should be simple enough, but it's too soon to say for sure.
-The portraits might need to be reupscaled after retraining the persona model to mk4. Not sure if I'll do this or just keep editing the current upscaled (like fixing Akihiko and Aigis' pupils).
-I need to QC the weapon textures still... I definitely didn't forget to do it in this update.
-Maybe improve the Credit Visuals (if at all possible).
-I need to QC the character model textures. They were kinda a mess because of how I set up my workstation so I left them for a future update.
-Look into using the artbook cut-ins for Margaret and Theodore.
-Add in Margaret's new model render. One step away from getting that done, but I can't quite nail it.
-And finally, I recognize that some point down the line I'll probably need to start model posing in Blender or something in order to properly update the model renders, but I'm going to put that off as long as humanly possible.

Also, I'm going to add stuff like button prompt mods and extra faithful patches to the patches folder when I find the time (I am out of time today). What won't be in the patches folder anymore are the BETA update patches. Instead of using those, I'm just going to actually update the pack... like I should have for version 2.2 before it became so big that I called it version 3.0.
12-17-2021, 09:37 AM
RE: Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack Community Expansion (WIP) [Updated 12/16/2021]
(12-16-2021 03:50 PM)TridentOfTheAbyss Wrote:  -And finally, I recognize that some point down the line I'll probably need to start model posing in Blender or something in order to properly update the model renders, but I'm going to put that off as long as humanly possible.

Understandable. Congrats on getting 3.0 out.
01-15-2022, 09:56 PM
(11-23-2021 01:11 PM)TridentOfTheAbyss Wrote:  
(11-22-2021 04:06 PM)hkoros Wrote:  This texture pack is awesome.

I would have to find the Japanese font and then acclimate to the Japanese keyboard to type them all so yeah, it would be very annoying. Maybe I'll do it in the future, but that's a big maybe at the moment.
Alternatively, I could just try and upscale all of them using a text model, but they won't look very good, so I'm staying away from that option.

Hi! First, thank you for your work on this mod, I have been enjoying this game for a while now! I am also interested in working on a Japanese text compatible version of this mod. If it is okay with you, I would love to at least try to contribute to this. If that is okay, could you guide me to any resources to help me get started?
01-17-2022, 06:56 PM
(01-15-2022 09:56 PM)wizenedtoast Wrote:  
(11-23-2021 01:11 PM)TridentOfTheAbyss Wrote:  
(11-22-2021 04:06 PM)hkoros Wrote:  ...

Hi! First, thank you for your work on this mod, I have been enjoying this game for a while now! I am also interested in working on a Japanese text compatible version of this mod. If it is okay with you, I would love to at least try to contribute to this. If that is okay, could you guide me to any resources to help me get started?

This might help: https://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=25054
Sorry, but I don't have many resources since I just figured it out on my own somehow.