Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Solved] Issues with Sixaxis
12-01-2013, 03:19 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2013 06:58 PM by Blackpocket13.)
[Solved] Issues with Sixaxis
I'm trying to play Monster Hunter Freedom unite with the SixAxis controller app.( I'm using it via bluetooth so I don't have an OTG cable.) I've been having serious issues with the button mapping in regards to the analog sticks. Everything else is fine the cross, circle, square, and triangle buttons are in the order I want them to be, and are working, and so is the d-pad. But the left and right analog sticks are not working, meaning the analog button in ppsspp isn't responding at all, and the only options I have between them on the map settings are: Disable, X, Y, Z, and Rz. I don't even know what Z and are RZ even are.

Can someone mind helping me please?

I have an HTC One (M7)
Latest version of PPSSPP
and running the latest version of SixAxis.

I seriously want to play my Monster Hunter.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2013, 03:21 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2013 03:22 AM by Blyss Sarania.)
RE: Issues with Sixaxis
(12-01-2013 03:19 AM)Blackpocket13 Wrote:  I'm trying to play Monster Hunter Freedom unite with the SixAxis controller app.( I'm using it via bluetooth so I don't have a an OTG cable.) I've been having serious issues with the button mapping in regards to the analog sticks. Everything else is fine the cross, circle, square, and triangle buttons are in the order I want them to be, and are working, and so is the d-pad. But the left and right analog sticks are not working, meaning the analog button in ppsspp isn't responding at all, and the only options I have between them the map settings are: Disable, X, Y, Z, and Rz. I don't even know what Z and are RZ even are.

I have an HTC One (M7)
Latest version of PPSSPP

Z and rz would be your right analog stick. X and Y would be your left stick.

When you configure buttons, can you even map the stick or do they not respond there too?

Are you using the Sixaxis driver from here?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...ller&hl=en

Does it have a configuration tool? It's been a long time since I used it, so I forget lol.

Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 AM3+ | Windows 7 Ultimate x64
AMD FX 6300 @ 4.4GHz | HIS Radeon 7870 2GB 256 bit GDDR5 @ 1337MHz core, 1337MHz mem
8GB (2 x 4GB Dual Channel) Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 @ 9,9,9,27
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HDD (Sequential R|W: 162|151 MB/Sec)
12-01-2013, 03:26 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2013 03:27 AM by Blackpocket13.)
(12-01-2013 03:21 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 03:19 AM)Blackpocket13 Wrote:  I'm trying to play Monster Hunter Freedom unite with the SixAxis controller app.( I'm using it via bluetooth so I don't have a an OTG cable.) I've been having serious issues with the button mapping in regards to the analog sticks. Everything else is fine the cross, circle, square, and triangle buttons are in the order I want them to be, and are working, and so is the d-pad. But the left and right analog sticks are not working, meaning the analog button in ppsspp isn't responding at all, and the only options I have between them the map settings are: Disable, X, Y, Z, and Rz. I don't even know what Z and are RZ even are.

I have an HTC One (M7)
Latest version of PPSSPP

When you configure buttons, can you even map the stick or do they not respond there too?

Does it have a configuration tool? It's been a long time since I used it, so I forget lol.

Okay, not sure what you mean by map the stick, you mean like see if the stick responds during mapping? If so, then no. I jump back and forth between PPSSPP and SixAxis to see if whatever I edit in the sixaxis map makes a change in ppsspp, and yes, I'm using the playstore version. It's like, the d pad is completely fine, and so is everything else, but the the left and right analog sticks don't even work, even when I give the left and right x/y and z/rz, the analog stick in ppsspp doesn't respond at all. I've been fiddling with this for over an hour now.
12-01-2013, 03:28 AM
(12-01-2013 03:26 AM)Blackpocket13 Wrote:  

I have an HTC One (M7)
Latest version of PPSSPP

Okay, not sure what you mean by map the stick, you mean like see if the stick responds during mapping? If so, then no. I jump back and forth between PPSSPP and SixAxis, and yes, I'm using the playstore version. It's like, the d pad is completely fine, and so is everything else, but the the left and right analog sticks don't even work, even when I give the left and right x/y and z/rz, the analog stick in ppsspp doesn't respond at all. I've been fiddling with this for over an hour now.

Yeah, that's what I meant.

Have you tried it with any other apps? Like another emulator or something?

It's been over a year since I used my dualshock 3 and the Sixaxis app on my phone, so I'm trying to remember if there is anything pertinent to this error.

AMD FX 6300 @ 4.4GHz | HIS Radeon 7870 2GB 256 bit GDDR5 @ 1337MHz core, 1337MHz mem
12-01-2013, 03:32 AM
(12-01-2013 03:28 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 03:26 AM)Blackpocket13 Wrote:  

I have an HTC One (M7)
Latest version of PPSSPP

Okay, not sure what you mean by map the stick, you mean like see if the stick responds during mapping? If so, then no. I jump back and forth between PPSSPP and SixAxis, and yes, I'm using the playstore version. It's like, the d pad is completely fine, and so is everything else, but the the left and right analog sticks don't even work, even when I give the left and right x/y and z/rz, the analog stick in ppsspp doesn't respond at all. I've been fiddling with this for over an hour now.

Yeah, that's what I meant.

Have you tried it with any other apps? Like another emulator or something?

It's been over a year since I used my dualshock 3 and the Sixaxis app on my phone, so I'm trying to remember if there is anything pertinent to this error.

Okay, just now I rebooted ppssspp. I suppose it just was going to register the changes after I rebooted it, the left analog stick works like a charm now, but the right one is still unresponsive. I want to somehow map the right analog stick like the dpad, since in monster hunter the dpad is the camera, and the analog stick is your movements and such.
Any way to help that?
12-01-2013, 03:40 AM
(12-01-2013 03:32 AM)Blackpocket13 Wrote:  Okay, just now I rebooted ppssspp. I suppose it just was going to register the changes after I rebooted it, the left analog stick works like a charm now, but the right one is still unresponsive. I want to somehow map the right analog stick like the dpad, since in monster hunter the dpad is the camera, and the analog stick is your movements and such.
Any way to help that?

The PSP doesn't have a right analog stick. So what would it be used for in the game?

But you want to be able to control the camera with the right stick? Can't you just map it in place of the dpad? I don't think there is any way to use both.

12-01-2013, 03:50 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2013 04:04 AM by Blackpocket13.)
(12-01-2013 03:40 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 03:32 AM)Blackpocket13 Wrote:  Okay, just now I rebooted ppssspp. I suppose it just was going to register the changes after I rebooted it, the left analog stick works like a charm now, but the right one is still unresponsive. I want to somehow map the right analog stick like the dpad, since in monster hunter the dpad is the camera, and the analog stick is your movements and such.
Any way to help that?

The PSP doesn't have a right analog stick. So what would it be used for in the game?

But you want to be able to control the camera with the right stick? Can't you just map it in place of the dpad? I don't think there is any way to use both.
I actually did that at one point of fiddling with the mapping, the dpad and right analog would control the camera and the left would work, now the dpad still works and the left analog works, but the right is obsolete. And the psp may not have a right analog, but the ppsspp has options for right analog in the key mapping under controls.

Do you think I have to disable the right analog stick in sixaxis for it to work in ppsspp, and just place the dpad controls under the right analog ones?

Update: I tried it, and it didn't work
12-01-2013, 04:35 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2013 04:36 AM by Blyss Sarania.)
(12-01-2013 03:50 AM)Blackpocket13 Wrote:  
Any way to help that?

I actually did that at one point of fiddling with the mapping, the dpad and right analog would control the camera and the left would work, now the dpad still works and the left analog works, but the right is obsolete. And the psp may not have a right analog, but the ppsspp has options for right analog in the key mapping under controls.

Do you think I have to disable the right analog stick in sixaxis for it to work in ppsspp, and just place the dpad controls under the right analog ones?

I'm not sure. Yeah I know PPSSPP has right analog stick settings, I'm not sure what they are used for though.

Are you assigning the stick to the pad? Like i.e. right stick up = dpad up, right stick left = dpad left? If you are and it doesn't work, I'm stumped.

12-01-2013, 04:52 AM
(12-01-2013 04:35 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 03:50 AM)Blackpocket13 Wrote:  
Any way to help that?

I'm not sure. Yeah I know PPSSPP has right analog stick settings, I'm not sure what they are used for though.

Are you assigning the stick to the pad? Like i.e. right stick up = dpad up, right stick left = dpad left? If you are and it doesn't work, I'm stumped.
Unfortunately I am. And yeah it isn't working, do I disable the right analog stick settings in sixaxis? And if you can, do you mind including someone into this topic?
12-01-2013, 04:59 AM
(12-01-2013 04:52 AM)Blackpocket13 Wrote:  Unfortunately I am. And yeah it isn't working, do I disable the right analog stick settings in sixaxis? And if you can, do you mind including someone into this topic?

No, you should leave it enabled I think.

What do you mean "including someone into this topic" ?

12-01-2013, 05:21 AM
(12-01-2013 04:59 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 04:52 AM)Blackpocket13 Wrote:  Unfortunately I am. And yeah it isn't working, do I disable the right analog stick settings in sixaxis? And if you can, do you mind including someone into this topic?

No, you should leave it enabled I think.

What do you mean "including someone into this topic" ?

Like to see if they could also help. We were both pretty stumped. But I figured it out thanks to you. I just needed to switch the dpads out for the right analog directions, which didn't seem to exist until I rebooted ppsspp.

We can close this thread now.
12-01-2013, 05:25 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2013 05:25 AM by globe94.)
* Problem Solved.

THREAD CLOSED.

* meh, just kidding, im not a mod! Tongue HAHA..

Reality is a Lovely Place, But i Wouldn't Wanna Live There..
• • gLoBe ~
12-01-2013, 03:39 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2013 03:39 PM by vnctdj.)
RE: [Solved] Issues with Sixaxis
Thread's title edited.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2