Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 5 Average
Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack (WIP) - Update (2019-02-03)
05-07-2020, 09:59 PM
RE: Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack (WIP) - Update (2019-02-03)
Could you please make a mediafire link?
Google drive doesn't work for me
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-2020, 04:39 AM (This post was last modified: 12-15-2020 03:44 AM by TridentOfTheAbyss.)
New version of textures linked below (building off my previous additions). I cleaned up unnecessary files likely left behind as a sort of workspace, deleted lines from textures.ini that were mapping textures to a missing file, mapped textures that were just sitting in the directory (after evaluating their quality), and fixed typos causing textures to be skipped (like raja_naga.png being listed as naga_raja.png). Also, I added missing white drop textures for many Personas and two textures that naginata1 added on the forum.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1epQg29...gn1NyVQ3Q9
[link is down because I have a new updated pack on another forum post]

If you have collected textures from P3P using PPSSPP, I would be very interesting in getting your "new" folder of all your textures. I was thinking of making the plunge and upscaling most, if not all, of the portraits and backdrops using waifu2x this summer. Also, I am happy to take recommendations on what settings to use for waifu2x.
05-13-2020, 10:02 PM
Hey y'all! Literally just signed up to say thanks for all of your hard work! The up-res'd portraits look SO good. This is my first time playing P3P and the work you guys have done really takes the sting out of losing the 3D scenes and animated videos. This might be my preferred way of playing Persona 3, now.
Also a big thanks to peeps like TridentOfTheAbyss for collecting it all into one place for an easy download. The PPSSPP filters look OKAY but man, nothing beats these texture packs. UGH, so nice!

Thanks again!
05-14-2020, 04:44 AM
(05-13-2020 04:39 AM)TridentOfTheAbyss Wrote:  If you have collected textures from P3P using PPSSPP, I would be very interesting in getting your "new" folder of all your textures. I was thinking of making the plunge and upscaling most, if not all, of the portraits and backdrops using waifu2x this summer. Also, I am happy to take recommendations on what settings to use for waifu2x.

I recommend you also try using ESRGAN, cause I heard it's also great for restoring detail to images, anime or not, and would probably work better than waifu2x in some cases. Also, feel free to make your own thread about own texture pack, we have no limit on how many texture pack projects there can be for a single game. Just make sure to credit the original author if you're using something of his.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-14-2020, 01:07 PM
(05-13-2020 04:39 AM)TridentOfTheAbyss Wrote:  New version of textures linked below (building off my previous additions). I cleaned up unnecessary files likely left behind as a sort of workspace, deleted lines from textures.ini that were mapping textures to a missing file, mapped textures that were just sitting in the directory (after evaluating their quality), and fixed typos causing textures to be skipped (like raja_naga.png being listed as naga_raja.png). Also, I added missing white drop textures for many Personas and two textures that naginata1 added on the forum.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1epQg29...gn1NyVQ3Q9

If you have collected textures from P3P using PPSSPP, I would be very interesting in getting your "new" folder of all your textures. I was thinking of making the plunge and upscaling most, if not all, of the portraits and backdrops using waifu2x this summer. Also, I am happy to take recommendations on what settings to use for waifu2x.

I've just extracted the new texture files you've compiled and put them in the ULUS10512 folder, replacing the OG files from the creator, but it seems that it does not seem to work anymore. is there a conflict of some kind present here? Moments ago it was working fine with the OG, the moment I swap them, no HD textures no more. Do you know why this may be happening?
05-14-2020, 01:26 PM
(05-14-2020 01:07 PM)TerminusAshbell Wrote:  I've just extracted the new texture files you've compiled and put them in the ULUS10512 folder, replacing the OG files from the creator, but it seems that it does not seem to work anymore. is there a conflict of some kind present here? Moments ago it was working fine with the OG, the moment I swap them, no HD textures no more. Do you know why this may be happening?

There's the issue. You've replaced instead of placing everything alone.
05-18-2020, 06:19 AM
(05-14-2020 04:44 AM)AkiraJkr Wrote:  
(05-13-2020 04:39 AM)TridentOfTheAbyss Wrote:  If you have collected textures from P3P using PPSSPP, I would be very interesting in getting your "new" folder of all your textures. I was thinking of making the plunge and upscaling most, if not all, of the portraits and backdrops using waifu2x this summer. Also, I am happy to take recommendations on what settings to use for waifu2x.

I recommend you also try using ESRGAN, cause I heard it's also great for restoring detail to images, anime or not, and would probably work better than waifu2x in some cases. Also, feel free to make your own thread about own texture pack, we have no limit on how many texture pack projects there can be for a single game. Just make sure to credit the original author if you're using something of his.

I have tried ESRGAN. The result is undesirable for this game. Maybe it'll work better with some of the backgrounds, but this is what it looks like with character portraits. The pupil gets much more smoothed out and the hairpin gets all messed up. Other stuff is pretty close, but this is still underwhelming. I'll of course try other filters before being satisfied, but I still need to get all textures for now. I might make my own thread, but I feel like I should get more textures first.
waifu2x [LEFT] vs ESRGAN [RIGHT]
https://cdn.knightlab.com/libs/juxtapose...daf8f81e27
05-18-2020, 08:35 PM
Hey, just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has worked on this mod! It really makes playing Persona 3 Portable on a bigger screen a lot more beautiful! I was wondering though, what would be the recommended texture filter option when using this mod? Is it best just to leave texture filtering off? Sorry if it was asked before and answered. I just skimmed through this thread and didn't see anything recent.
06-06-2020, 07:01 PM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2020 09:06 AM by boy-bibe.)
I just wanted to say cheers to all of u guys for making this happen, i am currently playing persona 3 portable on PPSSPP with this HD repack and Reincarnation Mod it feels like a whole new different game! cheers to all of u!
07-11-2020, 04:30 AM
Made an account to say this is incredible for the most part, it's a shame that the party member portraits aren't complete yet, but I look forward to its completion.
07-18-2020, 01:53 AM
Hey guys. Just wanted to say this is absolutely amazing

just having text at a much more visible quality is SO great. I always loved P3P over FES, but the game didn't look too good in such low resolution before. Now it looks decent for a screenshot!

Also Theodore and Elizabeth's portraits just look SO GOOD. Actually the whole Velvet Room looks amazing now

I'm looking forward to see every party members portraits upscaled. That and I'd be COMPLETELY satisfied.

Take your time tho. I know having to upscale the party members portraits with 4+ different sets of season costumes must take sooooooo long haha
07-18-2020, 02:03 AM
Hey guys. Just wanted to say this is absolutely incredible

Just seeing the text way less blurry is SUCH an improvement. Now I'm not embarassed to share P3P Screenshots instead of FES ones lol

Also, Elizabeth and Theodore's portraits look SO GOOD. Actually, the whole Velvet Room is amazing now

I look forward for when the party members' portraits get upscaled too. After that I'll be COMPLETELY satisfied

but take your time of course. I can only imagine how much of a pain, how boring and how long it takes to upscale the party members portraits when they have 4+ sets of costumes...

Anyway, great job!
07-18-2020, 08:08 PM
These texture pack are honestly incredible. Looks damn great! Great job!
Just one question: do I have to add DinJerr’s pack too? If yes, what about the .ini file already existing in your pack? I’m a bit confused.
07-24-2020, 02:32 AM
Thank you so much for the texture pack! I just got introduced to Persona a month ago on the PSP Go. Today I gave widescreen p3 fes a shot and I just couldn't handle the battle system and other game play elements (even with direct command mod) so I set out to play the best possible version of p3p through emulation. I have one question however. Does anyone know why only Akihiko's portrait appears HD relative to the others? Here's a screen capture I took: https://imgur.com/a/qGTbx1J
07-24-2020, 05:55 PM
I'm gonna guess:

1. The textures for other members of SEES weren't done yet.

2. They aren't being applied. As in the creator did make the textures HD, however, forgot/mis-set it.

Did you already try the other versions that other people made here on this thread? Just scroll up and you'll find them.