Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Votes - 4.07 Average
PPSSPP iOS Port
03-18-2013, 12:52 AM
RE: PPSSPP iOS Port
(03-18-2013 12:27 AM)theCreed Wrote:  I have tested wipeout before...but I have deleted it to save space. In any case I have kept the same settings for every game. The screenshot is attached

(03-18-2013 12:18 AM)Wikilix Wrote:  Hi, I'm new to these forums as I had just found PPSSPP on my Cydia Apps. Anyways I was wondering if there is any specific settings for the fastest performance. I had tried loading GoW: Chains of Olympus with Framerates as low as 0.7 FPS. I have an iPhone 5 (Jailbroken) on iOS 6.1. Hopping this is just a simple settings change, as I really want to play GoW on my iPhone!

I'm pretty sure that GoW doesn't work too well on this emulator. Some games won't like with all emulators
Thanks for the reply, I'm downloading NFS:Most Wanted to see how it runs (Hopefully well). So far the only game I've got running at an actually playable frame rate was "Holy Invasion of Privacy" if you're not familiar it's a 2-D game
Find all posts by this user
03-18-2013, 12:55 AM
(03-18-2013 12:52 AM)Wikilix Wrote:  
(03-18-2013 12:27 AM)theCreed Wrote:  I have tested wipeout before...but I have deleted it to save space. In any case I have kept the same settings for every game. The screenshot is attached

(03-18-2013 12:18 AM)Wikilix Wrote:  Hi, I'm new to these forums as I had just found PPSSPP on my Cydia Apps. Anyways I was wondering if there is any specific settings for the fastest performance. I had tried loading GoW: Chains of Olympus with Framerates as low as 0.7 FPS. I have an iPhone 5 (Jailbroken) on iOS 6.1. Hopping this is just a simple settings change, as I really want to play GoW on my iPhone!

I'm pretty sure that GoW doesn't work too well on this emulator. Some games won't like with all emulators
Thanks for the reply, I'm downloading NFS:Most Wanted to see how it runs (Hopefully well). So far the only game I've got running at an actually playable frame rate was "Holy Invasion of Privacy" if you're not familiar it's a 2-D game

Something I have noticed while using any emulator is the region your game is from can affect the speed in which is plays. I had a similar issue with a US and E version of a game on psx emulator. The US was faster than the E. So maybe try different regions
03-18-2013, 01:10 AM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2013 01:12 AM by [Unknown].)
It's possible for "fastest" to break things where "faster" (what it was set to before) works. It might be worth trying that (still in release mode.)

Also, a clean clone is not necessary. If you're worried, just go to Product -> Clean and re-run cmake manually. Redownloading only takes more time.

Edit: also, keep in mind, compatibilty with games is still pretty spotty. If your game isn't working, search the forum - it may not be just iOS, it may simply not be working yet.

-[Unknown]
03-18-2013, 01:13 AM
Star Wars battlefront 2 runs at 20fps now rather than 5-7fpsTongue Also, if you guys get a black screen when enabling buffered rendering or frameskip, try pausing and toggling them on and off. You should be able to get the game screen back up and running. Also try remembering what games run with what on. Like crisis core. It can't run with both frameskip and buffered rendering, you have to choose which one you want moreSmile
03-18-2013, 01:24 AM
Using Media Engine fixed my issues with wipeout. Thanks!

I have no idea why I disabled it.
03-18-2013, 01:45 AM
Okay again I'm new here and the idea of psp emu. Anyhow tried loaded a rom (patapon 3 with 7c and was able to get to the title screen however was unable to start a game. Would just freeze up tried many different options even so much as install game option which it said it completed. Anyhow updated to 7d today and now the rom won't load at all. I have such high hopes for this emu. A game such as patapon should be easily playable on emu.
03-18-2013, 02:06 AM
Try going back few page and find the settings page theCreed posted. Copy the exact setup and see if its working.
03-18-2013, 02:16 AM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2013 02:16 AM by ppssppikachu.)
(03-17-2013 07:36 PM)the avenger Wrote:  
(03-17-2013 01:21 PM)elmon Wrote:  
(03-17-2013 01:09 PM)joga_bonito Wrote:  Could you tell me please how to save PPSSPP options (buffered rendering and so on)? When I quit the game, all options are set to default
Try "exit to menu" and then tap "exit", works for me

@the avenger #important
Change Scheme from Debug to Release and set optimization from Faster to Fastest, it will increase FPS twice and more.
ok this is amazing,thanks to this i am playing wipeout pure in time attack 45fps without frameskip 60 with frameskip + sound, type-0 some 20-25 fps and for some reason frameskip makes it give a black screen,thanks for the tip,just uploaded it on cydia,if it's like this on 4s i wonder how it is on an iphone 5 or ipad 4

also if you manage to get a crisis core save it's a solid 60fps when walking around and some 50-60 when fighting with frameskip

Crisis Core :its 60fps on ip5 9sometimes,rarely it drops but never below 52)
Now soul calibur is at a 30-40 fps!!wipeout is 60fps time attack,50-55 fps no frameskip with sound but in single race it never gets higer than 30-35fps.

seriously amazing job by The avenger.
03-18-2013, 04:23 AM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2013 05:13 AM by elmon.)
@Unknown, -O3 optimization provides 10-20% speedup, and nothing breaks (everything that i've tested worked right the same)

Btw, actually right now fastmem on is slightly more stable then off, that's kind of a bug or something.

Product->clean, and rerunning cmake don't help in regenerating get-version.cpp

[iOS 6.1.0] [iPhone 5]
- The Sign Painter
03-18-2013, 05:44 AM
Hmm, that's not good if fastmem on is more stable. Can you give examples of games that break only with fastmem off (preferably early on)? Also, I assume this still happens without -O3, right?

Arg, I see. There's a bug in updating git-version.cpp. Sorry.

-[Unknown]
03-18-2013, 05:55 AM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2013 05:57 AM by elmon.)
@unknown - that's not the worst bug (i mean updating)
With fastmem off: GTA: Vice City Stories - breaks after intro (press X or start 2-3 times to skip all of them)
Also can break after turning it off ingame, but may not instantly.
And with this game buffered rendering particulary doesn't work, check on that too. It works only on easiest scenes on coast.
I've tested -O3 and -O2 today - they are same in stability, for the games I've tested.

[iOS 6.1.0] [iPhone 5]
- The Sign Painter
03-18-2013, 06:08 AM
Well, I've never really touched buffered rendering and I don't have that game, so I'm afraid I won't be able to look at that. It may be related to vram, based on other reports I've heard.

If you're compiling it, you can try using DISABLE; inside Core/MIPS/ARM/ArmCompLoadStore.cpp right after:
Code:
void Jit::Comp_ITypeMem(u32 op)
{
    CONDITIONAL_DISABLE;

And also here in Core/MIPS/ARM/ArmCompFPU.cpp:
Code:
void Jit::Comp_FPULS(u32 op)
{
    CONDITIONAL_DISABLE;

And two places in Core/MIPS/ARM/ArmCompVFPU.cpp:
Code:
    void Jit::Comp_SV(u32 op) {
        CONDITIONAL_DISABLE;
Code:
    void Jit::Comp_SVQ(u32 op)
    {
        CONDITIONAL_DISABLE;

This will disable the recent optimization which improved speed when fastmem is off. It should be about as slow as before. If the optimization is at fault, it'll work again with fastmem off.

A delayed bug when flipping fastmem on/off mid game is not really interesting. It just means later compiled blocks are affected by the new setting only.

-[Unknown]
03-18-2013, 06:25 AM
If you'll tell me how to dump logs in iOS, i'll provide them.
I'll test your suggestion in a few hours.

[iOS 6.1.0] [iPhone 5]
- The Sign Painter
03-18-2013, 07:37 AM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2013 08:08 AM by elmon.)
@unknown, maybe I don't understand how cmake works, but my git-version.cpp still doesn't update...
Can you describe what should I do step-by-step, after downloading latest version from repo?
Right now I'm doing:
Code:
#cd /path/to/ppsspp/
#git submodule update --init
#cd ./build-ios/
#cmake -GXcode -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=../ios/ios.toolchain.cmake ../

UPDATE: Oh, figured that out...
What you have to do:
Code:
#cd /path/to/ppsspp/
#git submodule update --init
#cmake ./
#rm ./CMakeCache.txt
#cd ./build-ios/
#rm ./CMakeCache.txt
#cmake -GXcode -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=../ios/ios.toolchain.cmake ../

Maybe we should add this as precompile instructions?

[iOS 6.1.0] [iPhone 5]
- The Sign Painter
03-18-2013, 07:41 AM
Dragonball evolution works perfectly on iphone 5 without dropping below 50 fps.
Smile
Thread Closed