Thread Rating:
  • 10 Votes - 3.9 Average
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
01-01-2014, 03:14 PM
RE: Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
(12-27-2013 05:44 PM)TheDax Wrote:  
Quote:Moreover, voiced audio doesn't play when receiving codec messages (like in the beginning where Kaz tells you to shoot the cocounuts and such)

Did you install the 300-something MByte data install that was offered when you started a new game? It's required by the game for most voices in-game. You can ignore the 800MByte one, it won't make the game load any faster.

That did the trick, thanks. I'm experiencing the infinite load times other people mention though. For instance, if I complete a mission and go back to mother base, I'll get either redirected back to the base or get an infinite loading (although I can hear the appropriate music) when I try to get back to the mission menu.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2014, 06:45 PM
(01-01-2014 03:14 PM)danmaku Wrote:  
(12-27-2013 05:44 PM)TheDax Wrote:  
Quote:Moreover, voiced audio doesn't play when receiving codec messages (like in the beginning where Kaz tells you to shoot the cocounuts and such)

Did you install the 300-something MByte data install that was offered when you started a new game? It's required by the game for most voices in-game. You can ignore the 800MByte one, it won't make the game load any faster.

That did the trick, thanks. I'm experiencing the infinite load times other people mention though. For instance, if I complete a mission and go back to mother base, I'll get either redirected back to the base or get an infinite loading (although I can hear the appropriate music) when I try to get back to the mission menu.

Same here i get redirected back to mother base and when i go to the mission select screen i get infinite loading

Forum test
(Insert Computer Specs Here)
So much Video Games.... So little time....
01-02-2014, 03:57 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2014 03:58 PM by mozzytm.)
hi all, what was the latest version number where this game worked (to a fashion?) i used to play about with it on my LG Optimus 3d and it was a little slow but worked. I know there were bugs with bosses but it worked (and was almost playable at frameskip 6)for the most part.

Reason im asking is ive just got a Galaxy S4 and id like to see the side by side comparison however when i upgraded ppsspp on my Lg and installed it on my Samsung the game does not get past mission select (as others have noted) unless you turn off Dynarec (JIT) which makes it slow on any device.

Cheers

M
01-03-2014, 02:03 AM
Hey, i'm new here.

I'm trying to play PW and when I start the game there's no background sounds (for example: in the intro you can't hear the music nor the rain, just snake walking). And when someone speakes to me in-game you can't hear the voice...

What's wrong?
01-03-2014, 02:08 AM
Did you install the 300 meg data install as I mentioned in the other topic? It's required for in-game voice acting. As for the music, do you have sound enabled under Game Settings -> Audio? If so, is the volume set to 8 (which is the max)? What version of PPSSPP are you using?

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
01-03-2014, 02:18 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2014 02:20 AM by zulexo.)
(01-03-2014 02:08 AM)TheDax Wrote:  Did you install the 300 meg data install as I mentioned in the other topic? It's required for in-game voice acting. As for the music, do you have sound enabled under Game Settings -> Audio? If so, is the volume set to 8 (which is the max)? What version of PPSSPP are you using?

The 300 mb install is the one that asks you at the beginning when the game ask youto+ install the game with two options? No, I didn't install that... I'm going to install it if it works.

If it doesn't I will ask for more help. Thanks anyways.

(01-03-2014 02:08 AM)TheDax Wrote:  Did you install the 300 meg data install as I mentioned in the other topic? It's required for in-game voice acting. As for the music, do you have sound enabled under Game Settings -> Audio? If so, is the volume set to 8 (which is the max)? What version of PPSSPP are you using?

Well how about that, now it works. Thank you so much.
01-03-2014, 02:20 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2014 02:21 AM by TheDax.)
Right, the one at the beginning. You can also find the option under Data Install at the game's start menu. No need to bother with the 880MB one, that'll just waste space (PPSSPP loads the game as fast as it can, so the extra data won't make the game load faster).

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
01-03-2014, 08:15 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2014 08:16 AM by Alojavi23.)
Actually its just one boss bug (The Peace Walker 2 Battle) because even the bosses in the Monster Hunter Extra Ops when you unlock it and the rest of the AI Bosses including the extras ones are working very well.

The ony problem i got is that with the last PPSPP versions is that i have to reset the game after completing one single mission because after that when you go to the missions screen it goes back to the mother base after loading or it crashes.
01-03-2014, 11:31 AM
(01-03-2014 08:15 AM)Alojavi23 Wrote:  Actually its just one boss bug (The Peace Walker 2 Battle) because even the bosses in the Monster Hunter Extra Ops when you unlock it and the rest of the AI Bosses including the extras ones are working very well.

The ony problem i got is that with the last PPSPP versions is that i have to reset the game after completing one single mission because after that when you go to the missions screen it goes back to the mother base after loading or it crashes.

odd im getting infini-load even when starting a new game on the galaxy s4. i brought my savegame accross from my psp to test it and that also wont let me start a mission. if i use ppsspp 0.8.1 it loads and runs on both devices but its not really playable
01-03-2014, 03:09 PM
(01-01-2014 03:53 AM)Hipnosis183 Wrote:  I finish the game in HD with 3xBR and no slow down in the game. Change to playable.

Moved Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
01-03-2014, 07:09 PM
Peace Walker battle 2 fixed?
01-03-2014, 10:13 PM
can someone help me get this beast to load on an s4? i cant get through the intro after the text
01-06-2014, 02:37 PM
before loading a newmission,you have to save state then exist
you enter Game setting-system-developtool, turn off jit then play game, load state.it will run,after,you can turn on jit ,it faster
01-06-2014, 02:57 PM
nevergone1 your post help me run the game but i got only 4 fps ;D on my galaxy s4 any ideas?
01-06-2014, 04:08 PM
I have to restart the game before finalize a mission by infinite loop on loading
Using This Version ppsspp-v0.9.6-317-g53deef1-windows-x86