Thread Rating:
  • 10 Votes - 3.9 Average
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
12-16-2013, 09:54 AM
RE: Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
(12-15-2013 04:57 PM)arg274 Wrote:  
(12-11-2013 11:13 AM)Antonio1994 Wrote:  @arg274 :yeah, that's what i meant Smile

IIRS, Versus OPS doesn't actually require to be connected to a host to start up the gameplay.

Did you manage to get it working via Versus Ops, 'cause I'm trying and I cant even se the host when I search for hosts....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-16-2013, 11:38 AM
(12-16-2013 09:54 AM)Antonio1994 Wrote:  
(12-15-2013 04:57 PM)arg274 Wrote:  
(12-11-2013 11:13 AM)Antonio1994 Wrote:  @arg274 :yeah, that's what i meant Smile

IIRS, Versus OPS doesn't actually require to be connected to a host to start up the gameplay.

Did you manage to get it working via Versus Ops, 'cause I'm trying and I cant even see the host when I search for hosts....

AFAIK, won't do. (I guess)
Let's wait to see the networking stuff get improved.
And IIRC, MGSPW is quite a popular one in the PRO server. Wish it worked in PPSSPP.

I don't exist anymore, no use calling a dead person
12-24-2013, 04:50 AM (This post was last modified: 12-24-2013 09:42 AM by vnctdj.)
Hi, i have downloaded 3 versions of the game, in iso.

none of them have ever passed the start window, after instaling the data (880MB) it's a little story of "The Boss", and then.... eternal loading.

Am using the 0.9.6 version, on Android.

is this fixable? or shall i just wait? it's the version of the game?

Best regards

Edit by vnctdj : Piracy is not allowed on our forum, please respect the rules.
12-24-2013, 07:01 AM
Im not having a black screen problem for my ZTE Avid 4G Android, but I'm having a loading problem, i wish i could show you guys the screenshot, it's right after I'm about to start a new game, install the data and it loads but somehow... Its stuck loading.... Im wondering is it because of the data install?... I play a majority of PSP Isos With No Data Install... (Obviously, there's no reason too for ISO) .... Just pointing it out there...Don't gotta fix it.... (But we're talking MGS,.... Do it.... Lol... Its about Big Boss, finding out Boss is alive... It was revolutionary)
12-24-2013, 11:08 AM (This post was last modified: 12-24-2013 11:12 AM by Antonio1994.)
(12-24-2013 07:01 AM)BlackGTNinja Wrote:  Im not having a black screen problem for my ZTE Avid 4G Android, but I'm having a loading problem, i wish i could show you guys the screenshot, it's right after I'm about to start a new game, install the data and it loads but somehow... Its stuck loading.... Im wondering is it because of the data install?... I play a majority of PSP Isos With No Data Install... (Obviously, there's no reason too for ISO) .... Just pointing it out there...Don't gotta fix it.... (But we're talking MGS,.... Do it.... Lol... Its about Big Boss, finding out Boss is alive... It was revolutionary)

I dont play on android, but AFAIK this issue has been arround for months...it doesn't work on any android. I've read it has smth to do with the code, not the game....
12-24-2013, 03:22 PM
(12-24-2013 07:01 AM)BlackGTNinja Wrote:  Im not having a black screen problem for my ZTE Avid 4G Android, but I'm having a loading problem, i wish i could show you guys the screenshot, it's right after I'm about to start a new game, install the data and it loads but somehow... Its stuck loading.... Im wondering is it because of the data install?... I play a majority of PSP Isos With No Data Install... (Obviously, there's no reason too for ISO) .... Just pointing it out there...Don't gotta fix it.... (But we're talking MGS,.... Do it.... Lol... Its about Big Boss, finding out Boss is alive... It was revolutionary)

It doesn't work with android some issue with ARM chip (it was mentioned earlier in the thread,you guys should've read everything).
There is a fix, however it's not a pretty one,you need to disable Dynarec (JIT) (the option is located in System/Developer tools) just for that part (it's gonna be super slow)after you load save state then load back in with the option back on
12-24-2013, 06:37 PM
Hmmmm..... Ill give it a shot..... Mr. (I had to be a Smarty pants (Shoulda read the entire thread guys) ).... Lol... JK
12-25-2013, 12:21 PM
Having problems with the Mission 25 = Peace Walker 2 Battle, same as other,s after a lot of damage i do it, it launches the nuke when it has just 2 hp bars, tried everything, law rank 4, gustav rank 4, xfim9, nothing.. i know this is being reported like a bug, i used one hit kill cheat just for pw2, i've checked the log when i was in the batte without cheat for a while and the log shows error in some things red warnings and yellow warnings when pw2 gets "Damage". ty i hope this problem might be solved because it feels like a waste of time after leveling weapons every 10 hours per day to figure that it was a bug lol.
12-25-2013, 03:17 PM (This post was last modified: 12-25-2013 03:26 PM by sixty.)
(02-16-2013 12:26 PM)hyakki Wrote:  DiscID: ULUS10509
ImageID: -
Version: v0.6-502-g686c083 (64-bit, Feb 16)

Notes: Shows a few screens. then black.

i have game it work well on mine my be u have bad cso , bad cso well give ur problems if the cso good like mortal kombat unchained it plays slow but u can to settings run it at 300% and frames skiping at 8x
12-27-2013, 05:42 PM
I'm having a problem. I'm running 0.9.6-190

The audio sound really choppy during briefing files. Moreover, voiced audio doesn't play when receiving codec messages (like in the beginning where Kaz tells you to shoot the cocounuts and such). Everything else seems to run fine. What's going on?
12-27-2013, 05:44 PM (This post was last modified: 12-27-2013 05:45 PM by TheDax.)
Quote:Moreover, voiced audio doesn't play when receiving codec messages (like in the beginning where Kaz tells you to shoot the cocounuts and such)

Did you install the 300-something MByte data install that was offered when you started a new game? It's required by the game for most voices in-game. You can ignore the 800MByte one, it won't make the game load any faster.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
12-28-2013, 06:09 PM
Hi, I'm new here, and I see this is where the MGS: PW discussion is.

I'm currently running it on Windows 7 64 bit with PPSSPP v0.9.6.2 and my MGS has been running very well with the full installation data. The only problems I've been getting are:

1.) When in the Mother Base menu, Going to a menu which transitions with a black screen (ex. going to Versus, Embarking on missions, etc.) will result in a forever black/loading screen. Also, when Embarking on missions, on my way to the mission select menu, sometimes, instead of a forever black/loading screen, it returns to the Mother Base menu by itself.
These only happen sometimes though, and I save my game before going anywhere in case this happens. Restarting is the only way to solve this for me.

2a.) Some of the subtitles shows different/random/missing characters.
2b.) Timer's numbers are broken.
2c.) Images in the R&D menu are showing different items. These change to their right images after a few seconds though.

3.) Sound is a bit choppy (As in kinda gets static-y a bit) but this isn't much of a problem though.

If anyone has solutions to these problems, please do tell me. Smile
Sorry for the long-ish post.
12-28-2013, 08:18 PM
Do you have wlan/networking turned OFF under Settings -> System? It causes major issues with Peace Walker.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
12-29-2013, 05:17 AM
Mine's off.
12-29-2013, 02:05 PM
Infinite loading ....