Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 4.23 Average
Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy
09-19-2013, 12:44 AM
RE: Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy
This is for android users

If you have the black screen problem (the one after the intro) The solution is to non-buffer rendering but the game will be slower and the

Graphics will be clearer
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-19-2013, 01:44 PM
Okay, so everything works fine except for a few graphical glitches. Sometimes when I use an HP attack the screen goes pink until the attack is over. Another issue, almost everytime during cutscenes (not CGI ones) there are black boxes covering parts of the screen. Are there fixes for these issues?
09-19-2013, 01:55 PM
(09-19-2013 01:44 PM)EpiKer Wrote:  Okay, so everything works fine except for a few graphical glitches. Sometimes when I use an HP attack the screen goes pink until the attack is over. Another issue, almost everytime during cutscenes (not CGI ones) there are black boxes covering parts of the screen. Are there fixes for these issues?

yea that is bezier problem i thinkSad
need wait for better bezier patch all we can doing is wait for it Sleepy

I worse write english so take easy on me
(even my own language realy bad T_T)

Rig to test now :
Windows 8 64 bit (Laptop)
Intel® Core™ i3-3110M (2.4GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
09-19-2013, 06:37 PM (This post was last modified: 09-19-2013 06:42 PM by Burna91.)
There is new issue after using Ex Revenge. See the screenshot below.
It disappears after EX-Revenge is over. But it was not there prior to version 0.9.1-1014

[Image: jqm9qpef.jpg]

Testing PPSSPP on:

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4
iPad 4, iOS 7.0.4

ASUS Notebook
Windows 8 64-Bit
8GB RAM, Intel Core i7 processor @ 2,3 GHz
nVidia Geforce GT 635M 2GB
09-20-2013, 03:22 AM
@Burna91 , I think you are running in non-buffered mode

[raven02]
09-20-2013, 03:58 AM (This post was last modified: 09-20-2013 03:59 AM by Murasakii.)
Hi, im currently using the latest build ppsspp 0.9.1 x64 (windows 8)
The game runs perfect during the start and fights no graphic issues like ive seen alot of other people have
but my problem is after i do the tutorial and get access to main menu it will crash within like a minute and says ppsspp has stopped working.
Is there any fix to this?
I run other games like 3rd birthday, god eater burst and others with no issues or the emulator crashing
any help would be greatly appreciated
09-20-2013, 04:35 AM
Try the latest build here

buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/index.php
09-20-2013, 07:47 AM
Use 0.9.1-502 if you can. r505 to something double the speed for victory sequences and r610 to the present have graphical issues -- they're overbright and get blurrier every 200 revs or so. (According to the notes, the same thing that fixed Duodecim's graphical problems messed up Kingdom Hearts; I don't know what caused all the other problems.)

The workaround for the graphical issues is to use non-buffered rendering. This messes up some other effects, but overall it's better than buffered rendering for everything after r609.

Is there anything past r502 that makes it worthwhile to deal with the re-blurred graphics?

I only use PPSSPP on Windows.
Intel Core i3 1.9GHz | 4GB RAM | Integrated Intel HD 4400 | Windows 8.1 x64
09-20-2013, 11:49 AM
(09-20-2013 04:35 AM)jacky400 Wrote:  Try the latest build here

buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/index.php
OMG thank you so much i got the latest one and it worked perfectly and does not crash anymore
09-22-2013, 01:02 AM
I posted that the "Convert to AVI" was sort of working earlier.
I was wrong; it's working.

If you use "non-buffered rendering" or "buffered rendering", you get no video and full audio.
However, if you use "Read framebuffers to memory" (either one on my ATI card, though I chose "Read framebuffers to memory (CPU)"), it works!

I've had some difficulties getting it to record the HUD; with a clock speed of 0 or 333 the HUD flickers wildly, and a lower clock speed makes it only record part of the screen. What worked was overclocking to 666; that produced a video with a smooth HUD and a few flickers.

I haven't successfully saved in high quality yet; the save quits in the middle somewhere (the place varies).

All the videos are much smaller than they should be according to the PSP, so something the PSP expects is not being recorded.

Don't expect YouTube-ready video: since the video is being recorded from the framebuffers, all the graphical glitches you see in "Read framebuffers to memory" mode will be present in your video.

(Interestingly, the overbrightness issue only occurs in "Buffered rendering" mode; "Read framebuffers to memory" is fine.)

I only use PPSSPP on Windows.
Intel Core i3 1.9GHz | 4GB RAM | Integrated Intel HD 4400 | Windows 8.1 x64
09-22-2013, 07:41 AM
Cutscene black screen issue should be fixed now in latest build .

[raven02]
09-22-2013, 08:38 AM
(09-22-2013 07:41 AM)jacky400 Wrote:  Cutscene black screen issue should be fixed now in latest build .

[raven02]

Oh my god you're right! But the game still has that issue when during cutscenes sometimes the characters don't move their lips while talking.
09-22-2013, 12:08 PM
Quote: characters don't move their lips while talking.

I doubt this is the emulator and just how the game is, you probably never noticed on original PSP hardware because the screen was much tinier, but now that the picture is huge you see that the lip sync is terrible.

Also I haven't touched PPSSPP in months but I've always checked back in this thread every now and then to see if this black screen was fixed and now it seems it has been. A HUGE thanks to Raven + Co. for this.
09-22-2013, 05:45 PM
It could also be some issue with the vertex cache, try turning it off and see if the lips move (however, this will lead to worse performance).
09-23-2013, 10:42 AM (This post was last modified: 09-23-2013 10:42 AM by Gazmanafc.)
(09-22-2013 12:08 PM)Special Wrote:  I doubt this is the emulator and just how the game is, you probably never noticed on original PSP hardware because the screen was much tinier, but now that the picture is huge you see that the lip sync is terrible

It's the emulator. While there wasn't any proper lip sync to speak of, at least the characters's mouths opened and closed to symbolise that they were talking in cutscenes. Here it's just their chins bobbing up and down.

(09-22-2013 05:45 PM)Henrik Wrote:  It could also be some issue with the vertex cache, try turning it off and see if the lips move (however, this will lead to worse performance).

Nope. I just gave that a shot and no dice.

Gary M. Gadsdon
Visit my Youtube Lets Play channel at http://youtube.com/awwlilmaggie
or my own website at http://babysimpson.co.uk
Simple Machines Lead Customiser - http://simplemachines.org
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user