Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Dissidia: Final Fantasy
02-21-2013, 01:34 AM
RE: [v0.61] Dissidia - Final Fantasy
(02-21-2013 01:17 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:  
(02-21-2013 01:12 AM)EvilKingStan Wrote:  Well, after seeing "Dissidia Fixed" on one of the git builds I decided to do an up-to-date test.

Menu's show, though the text is screwed beyond recognition. The characters don't show up perfectly. i.e Warrior of Light has no cape, Squall has a bunch of holes in his jacket, (patches that are the same tone as his skin) Cloud has enlarged versions of his eyes on his butt, (the eyebrows make it look like he's wearing a yellow thong), and Tidus has a giant third eye on his forehead. Didn't bother checking other characters yet, but I'm sure they'll have issues. (Interesting to note, I don't see these issues on the enemy characters, just the ones I play as. Even if it's the same character versus themselves. Huh )

Also, the game works fine in battle. (On android it runs about 5 fps without frame skipping, and 33 fps with frame skipping. Lots of frames skipped, it's very jumpy with this setting on.) But there is that bug mentioned earlier about the stage disappearing after the first HP attack. (Square button.) This still happens, but can be fixed by turning hardware transform off. This also makes the game run about 2 frames faster, but everything appears florescent. (This also fixes minor graphics glitches in games like Final Fantasy I and Half-Minute Hero. So try it if you see some bugs.) Overall, definitely playable. I'll add some screenshots later tonight to display some of the glitches I'm talking about.

Ha, once again the same issues as JPCSP had! Intresting! Might help debugging it!
As for disabling Hardware Transform, have always in mind that this affects lightning effects, so whatever is related to lightning, gets screwed up, hence this visual bug you see.

Yeah, I picked that up way earlier with this emulator when I turned it off for Obscure and everything turned bright white. Just saying that turning it off can sometimes fix annoying graphics bugs, like the black spots that show up in a lot of 2D games. Or early on when it turned all the walls black in Crisis Core. (It doesn't do that anymore. Thankfully.) It still needs a bit of work. But everything does really, in just about every emulator. I have faith it won't take forever-and-a-day to fix though. This is easily the fastest developing emulator I've ever seen. I sometimes wonder where the devs find time to do anything else considering all the time they invest in this. And for free no less!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2013, 01:43 AM
(02-21-2013 01:34 AM)EvilKingStan Wrote:  This is easily the fastest developing emulator I've ever seen. I sometimes wonder where the devs find time to do anything else considering all the time they invest in this. And for free no less!
THAT! I SECOND THAT! It feels like the progress is being made in the speed of light. I really laugh at people that said that it would take atleast 4-5 years 'till the point you can say that you can finish a game from the start 'till the end and I can think of atleast 3 right now. It was simply a huge earthquake to emulator standars, it exceed all expectations like it was never done before by an emulator.
02-21-2013, 01:55 AM
Yeah, I read quite a few threads online with people criticizing it and calling it crap. Mind you, they were comparing it to JPCSP and it was about a month after PPSSPP launched. Even worse was seeing people try to say that the devs should take the code from JPCSP and PPSSPP might work. Yeah right, Java, in a C++ emu. It was so infuriating seeing people who had no clue what they were talking about try to criticize this emulator when it first came out. I even saw a couple posts attacking Henrik, saying he wouldn't get anywhere with this because he supposedly did nothing for Dolphin. That being said, I love the community on this forum. I don't think I've seen a single unkind word here to said anybody, about anything. And that's saying a lot considering this is the internet. Anyways, enough with my (off-topic) rant. Should try to keep the thread about the actual game in the title.
02-21-2013, 07:16 AM
Haha, I guess you've been reading Squall's nonsense, he doesn't know what he's talking about. Don't know what his beef is.
02-21-2013, 07:26 PM
(02-21-2013 07:16 AM)Henrik Wrote:  Haha, I guess you've been reading Squall's nonsense, he doesn't know what he's talking about. Don't know what his beef is.

Just noticed that on youtube ppsspp is very popular,both for gameplay video and voiced reviewsSmile
02-21-2013, 08:46 PM
(02-21-2013 07:26 PM)livisor Wrote:  
(02-21-2013 07:16 AM)Henrik Wrote:  Haha, I guess you've been reading Squall's nonsense, he doesn't know what he's talking about. Don't know what his beef is.

Just noticed that on youtube ppsspp is very popular,both for gameplay video and voiced reviewsSmile

Yes, yes it is. Big Grin And it will get even more, i hope so. Wink

PC Specs:

GPU: AMD Radeon R9 270X 2GB GDDR5 (Sapphire Vapor-X)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1200 3.9GHz (OC)
RAM: 8GB DDR4 2400 MHz
MB: ASRock AB350 Pro4
02-21-2013, 08:55 PM
love watching your vids srdjan haha
02-21-2013, 09:12 PM
(02-21-2013 08:55 PM)Mmmyesss Wrote:  love watching your vids srdjan haha

Tnx u man Smile I love watching video from everyone who posts psp gameplays on PPSSPP. Wink

PC Specs:

GPU: AMD Radeon R9 270X 2GB GDDR5 (Sapphire Vapor-X)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1200 3.9GHz (OC)
RAM: 8GB DDR4 2400 MHz
MB: ASRock AB350 Pro4
02-27-2013, 08:11 PM

playable with ppsspp-v0.6-754-gd2159d4-windows-x86..
however on starting cannot enter player name..
and can't read anything on start menu
02-27-2013, 08:14 PM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2013 08:15 PM by VIRGIN KLM.)
Needs SCEI font support.
02-27-2013, 09:14 PM
(02-27-2013 08:14 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:  Needs SCEI font support.

For naruto series font is also broken,same scei name?
02-27-2013, 11:12 PM
It's those font files that are in flash0/font/ on your PSP. Implementing them is an issue because for an HLE project that uses no BIOS (hence the contents of a PSP) you need to add them yourself. Adding them yourself as is though (copying) is copyright violation (they are copyrighted), so the only workaround is doing them all from the start.
02-28-2013, 07:16 AM
(02-27-2013 11:12 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:  It's those font files that are in flash0/font/ on your PSP. Implementing them is an issue because for an HLE project that uses no BIOS (hence the contents of a PSP) you need to add them yourself. Adding them yourself as is though (copying) is copyright violation (they are copyrighted), so the only workaround is doing them all from the start.

I understand there are a lot of copyright issues with this emulator including the atrac+ decoder, but is there really someone who can check it in such a depth to find that out and sue ppsspp?
02-28-2013, 08:20 AM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2013 08:21 AM by Henrik.)
We're now including JPCSP's copyright-free font files. They don't look as good as the real one but they are readable and we can try to make better ones later.

(Hm, they're probably not included in the git builds yet but I'll fix that...)
02-28-2013, 08:50 AM
PPSSPP crashes after LOAD in r780, same applies to it's sequel/prequel.