Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 4.31 Average
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable
08-12-2013, 10:16 AM
RE: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3
(08-11-2013 05:46 PM)EnigmaticMess Wrote:  
(08-11-2013 05:39 PM)vsub_ Wrote:  Disable buffered rendering

Ah... I swear I tried that. But yes, it worked. More problems raised, though. Music is slower than usual. Normally frame skipping solved this, but now the screen flickers when I set it to anything above 1. Am I just going to have to disable frame skipping for good? And is there anything that could be done about the music?

Thanks for the help, btw. I really appreciate it.

newest build fixed the flickering problem on frameskip for me, its very playable on my K-Touch Lotus II
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-14-2013, 04:42 PM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2013 04:43 PM by curraja.)
It has been months since i last posted anythin but since im here im wondering what version of personas are you guys using mine simply freeze right after choosing file and after few secconds crash .

Tested od Android Samsung Galaxy S 4 4.3.1

O hai! Testing everything Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE Android 4.3

O bai! Did you witness my power?
08-14-2013, 07:22 PM
(08-14-2013 04:42 PM)curraja Wrote:  It has been months since i last posted anythin but since im here im wondering what version of personas are you guys using mine simply freeze right after choosing file and after few secconds crash .

Tested od Android Samsung Galaxy S 4 4.3.1

My S4 is all up to date and it works fine besides sound and movement glitches my tab on the otherhand is black screened.
08-14-2013, 09:48 PM
Then thats strange idk whats goin on all my games runs perfectly i just got persona today i have tried 3 versions including jap euro and us and all of them freeze and keep crushing or mayby game require some specific settings?

08-15-2013, 02:39 AM (This post was last modified: 08-15-2013 02:41 AM by timenot.)
Turned off buffring and now it works on my tab 3.

Where are you getting your copy from?
08-15-2013, 01:23 PM
Ok problem fixed but im really annoyed with fact that paid version of ppsspp doesnt boot some game and keep freezing i just downloaded latest build and persona and runs great. But what makes me sad? Well free version workin better than paid.

08-15-2013, 06:04 PM (This post was last modified: 08-15-2013 06:04 PM by Internetakias.)
(08-15-2013 01:23 PM)curraja Wrote:  Ok problem fixed but im really annoyed with fact that paid version of ppsspp doesnt boot some game and keep freezing i just downloaded latest build and persona and runs great. But what makes me sad? Well free version workin better than paid.
But it's stated right in the paid version's description that the paid version is exactly like the free version save for the gold icon and the fact that you're supporting the development of the emu
08-15-2013, 11:58 PM
Character eye blink glitch?
08-16-2013, 12:24 AM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2013 12:25 AM by Gurlok.)
(08-15-2013 01:23 PM)curraja Wrote:  Ok problem fixed but im really annoyed with fact that paid version of ppsspp doesnt boot some game and keep freezing i just downloaded latest build and persona and runs great. But what makes me sad? Well free version workin better than paid.

(08-15-2013 06:04 PM)Internetakias Wrote:  But it's stated right in the paid version's description that the paid version is exactly like the free version save for the gold icon and the fact that you're supporting the development of the emu

Exactly.

From the official PPSSPP site:
PPSSPP Gold is all the PSP emulation goodness of the free version:

Faster emulation and more platforms than any other PSP emu
Save states
Enhanced high-resolution graphics with upscaled textures
Turbo button for those slow-to-play RPGs
PPSSPP Gold also:

makes you feel good.
has a fancy golden icon you can show off to your friends.
Most importantly, lets me (Henrik) spend more time working on the emulator.
Buy PPSSPP Gold now! Pay what you want!

Note: PPSSPP Gold is currently only available for Windows and Android. If you are running PPSSPP on another platform, you can simply purchase the Windows version, and then continue using the free version as the features are the same.

---------------------------------

In short, it's just a small token for having made a donation. The gold version is outdated as the official version, both of which will be updated to their stable version (0.9 in this case), at least I think.

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
08-16-2013, 02:21 PM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2013 02:39 PM by librashooter.)
hi guys, im new member here.
but i just found out that ppsspp ver8.1 always crashed whenever u tried to enter block 5 Tartarus, everything seems fine i think.

but, when i tried using 7.xx ppsspp, the crash will never happen, somebody could gave me the solution?

I could play on 7.xx ppsspp tough, but it turbos was a bit annoying since i had to always press tab to make it work. lol
=========
edited it seems the it crashed only at 165th, 166-above the game seems will not crash, i really wonder why..
08-16-2013, 06:18 PM
(08-16-2013 02:21 PM)librashooter Wrote:  hi guys, im new member here.
but i just found out that ppsspp ver8.1 always crashed whenever u tried to enter block 5 Tartarus, everything seems fine i think.

but, when i tried using 7.xx ppsspp, the crash will never happen, somebody could gave me the solution?

I could play on 7.xx ppsspp tough, but it turbos was a bit annoying since i had to always press tab to make it work. lol
=========
edited it seems the it crashed only at 165th, 166-above the game seems will not crash, i really wonder why..

Use the latest 0.8.1-xxxx dev builds from here:-

http://i.minus.com/iblMLm56L8OLsY.PNG

And when you enter block 5 of the Tartarus, disable Hardware Transform.

It should not crash after that.

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
08-16-2013, 09:35 PM
So it seems like gold version is not on date with settings or optimalisation cause i cant run few titles on gold 0.8.1 sice i can run all games with latest build from github . I couldnt rub persona and ff type 0 now i can only play with latest build so dont tell me that versions are exactly the same official build is not updated with github builds thats why most of us have to dl unofficial builds .

08-17-2013, 12:33 AM
(08-16-2013 09:35 PM)curraja Wrote:  So it seems like gold version is not on date with settings or optimalisation cause i cant run few titles on gold 0.8.1 sice i can run all games with latest build from github . I couldnt rub persona and ff type 0 now i can only play with latest build so dont tell me that versions are exactly the same official build is not updated with github builds thats why most of us have to dl unofficial builds .

Gold is the same as the stable version. Also, the git builds are official
08-17-2013, 02:07 AM
Inside the tower everything is super slow. Turning up the the speed just makes the screen flicker black. Any help?
08-17-2013, 05:51 PM
Vps runs around 50 till I enterr then drops to 1.5. Please help...