Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Dissidia: Final Fantasy
04-29-2013, 04:14 AM
RE: Dissidia - Final Fantasy
(04-28-2013 07:26 PM)Ultimacloud123 Wrote:  Basically some letter are correctly spaced while others are close to another,almost touching. So far I only see it through dialogue.

The kerning issues come from the font being used. Dissidia uses the Japanese font, not the Latin fonts, and the kerning for Latin letters in Sazanami Gothic (the free Japanese font used by JPCSP and inherited by PPSSPP) is very badly done.

You can fix it by replacing the Japanese font with a better-quality one. It's not an emulator issue, except insofar as the emulator uses a substitute font due to copyright issues.

I only use PPSSPP on Windows.
Intel Core i3 1.9GHz | 4GB RAM | Integrated Intel HD 4400 | Windows 8.1 x64
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2013, 04:17 AM
Good news! Voices finally work! Still need implement fmv.
05-11-2013, 05:52 AM
(04-29-2013 04:14 AM)Sarisa81 Wrote:  
(04-28-2013 07:26 PM)Ultimacloud123 Wrote:  Basically some letter are correctly spaced while others are close to another,almost touching. So far I only see it through dialogue.

The kerning issues come from the font being used. Dissidia uses the Japanese font, not the Latin fonts, and the kerning for Latin letters in Sazanami Gothic (the free Japanese font used by JPCSP and inherited by PPSSPP) is very badly done.

You can fix it by replacing the Japanese font with a better-quality one. It's not an emulator issue, except insofar as the emulator uses a substitute font due to copyright issues.
This would explain the issue in Blazblue CT2 as well.
05-25-2013, 07:20 PM
no sound dissidia
Hey guys,

So I'm new to this site and have read a few threads on how to make dissidia playable. I've seen screen shots so I know it works but I can't get it to work, all I get is a white screen. I've looked in the flash0 folder and there is a font folder and I'm at a loss at what to do. Any help would be much appreciated as I really want to play this game. Thanks
05-25-2013, 07:22 PM
Merged
05-26-2013, 12:39 AM
how can i get movies and music to play on this game??
05-26-2013, 12:59 AM
(05-26-2013 12:39 AM)malice777 Wrote:  how can i get movies and music to play on this game??

Go on github and download oiotiff's branch in the pull requests. Also, if you have custom BGM it will play in this game since those aren't Atrac3+.
05-26-2013, 01:18 AM
(05-26-2013 12:59 AM)EvilKingStan Wrote:  
(05-26-2013 12:39 AM)malice777 Wrote:  how can i get movies and music to play on this game??

Go on github and download oiotiff's branch in the pull requests. Also, if you have custom BGM it will play in this game since those aren't Atrac3+.

thanks for the quick reply. im a total noob at this so i cut me a lil slack lol. do you have a link for that and then what do i do once ive downloaded it? also i have no idea what a BGM is lol. any help would be much appreciated
05-26-2013, 10:09 AM
Help pls i got white screen in Story Mode
but in other mode like arcade and quick i dont get white screen
what should i do to fix this?
im using the 0.7.6v
my settings is:
Buffered rendering - On
Hardware Transform - On
Linear Filtering - On
other that i didn't mention is off
06-20-2013, 06:41 PM
HI! I'm a new user, and very happy to have found this website with great devs working here. PPSSPP really has blown me away with the progress they have made in such a short time, unprecedented. Tahnks for the hard work.

I came to the Dissidia forum to seek help for the game if it was possible.

I run a: Mac OS X 10.7.5

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512 MB

and downloaded the PPSSPP v0.7-588-g6772efb

It runs great, the characters in Dissidia don't have any additional eyes anywhere else, the text is not prefect but very readable still. Everything works fine, but the old bug that was mentioned, as soon as I or the cpu uses an HP attack (square button) the stage dissappears, I've tried switching buffered rendering on and off, and also hardware transform on/off still stage disappears ... any particular settings I may have missed or need to edit something?

I appreciate the help and great work you guys are doing, I'm currently building an app and damn ... coding is a hell of a job, so I admire this apps progress and you guys.
06-20-2013, 07:37 PM (This post was last modified: 06-20-2013 07:37 PM by solarmystic.)
(06-20-2013 06:41 PM)JMac20 Wrote:  HI! I'm a new user, and very happy to have found this website with great devs working here. PPSSPP really has blown me away with the progress they have made in such a short time, unprecedented. Tahnks for the hard work.

It runs great, the characters in Dissidia don't have any additional eyes anywhere else, the text is not prefect but very readable still. Everything works fine, but the old bug that was mentioned, as soon as I or the cpu uses an HP attack (square button) the stage dissappears, I've tried switching buffered rendering on and off, and also hardware transform on/off still stage disappears ... any particular settings I may have missed or need to edit something?

I appreciate the help and great work you guys are doing, I'm currently building an app and damn ... coding is a hell of a job, so I admire this apps progress and you guys.

The bolded is a very, very old version of PPSSPP.

If you're willing to use boot camp for PPSSPP, you can definitely upgrade to the latest Windows revisions from here:-

http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/

Otherwise, get the latest OSX builds from AngelXWind here:-

http://angelxwind.net/ppsspp/builds/OSX/

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
06-20-2013, 07:48 PM
(06-20-2013 07:37 PM)solarmystic Wrote:  
(06-20-2013 06:41 PM)JMac20 Wrote:  HI! I'm a new user, and very happy to have found this website with great devs working here. PPSSPP really has blown me away with the progress they have made in such a short time, unprecedented. Tahnks for the hard work.

The bolded is a very, very old version of PPSSPP.

If you're willing to use boot camp for PPSSPP, you can definitely upgrade to the latest Windows revisions from here:-

http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/

Otherwise, get the latest OSX builds from AngelXWind here:-

http://angelxwind.net/ppsspp/builds/OSX/

Thanks, did try it angelxwind builds, having trouble homebrew installing dsl... I think I may go for bootcamp after all.
06-21-2013, 01:22 AM (This post was last modified: 06-21-2013 01:24 AM by JMac20.)
All good, I'm running PPSSPP ver. 0.7.6-1508 on the Mac OS X

All functions fine except the save feature on Dissidia... "unable to autosave"

also any configuration recommended? I see a lot more options now, I did disable buffered rendering due to it still giving a visual issue in this game.
06-25-2013, 11:24 PM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2013 11:25 PM by Tieria.)
It runs pretty much perfect here, the only problem is the CG's doesn't have sound (this also happens in Crisis Core). Is this normal or am I missing something?
06-25-2013, 11:34 PM
Did you download the at3plusdecoder.dll?