Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 4.23 Average
Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy
04-30-2013, 04:39 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2013 08:47 AM by Jozma7.)
RE: Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy
When I disable encrypt save and after first use of the fresh downloaded save file it autosaves with out a problem, but when I'm trying to load it the second time from the start of the game it freezes. I also used the save file that I used with jpcsp, and that file was also downloaded and it still freezes like the one I mentioned before.

P.S.-Did anyone noticed the non transparency in this games menu? It's very strange, it doesn't appear in jpcsp or, of course, in real psp?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2013, 03:53 PM
(04-28-2013 05:18 PM)Sorentas Wrote:  (My first post hurray!) I found that by disabling the encryption of save data it worked just fine, took me a while to figure it out. To do this you you click setting, then system and disable 'Encrypt Save'. Hope this helps everyone! Big Grin
Can you tell me which rev this was? I've encountered this exact issue and tried doing that but in the revs I've been using it freezes up instead. Also, if I try to load an unencrypted save, even a save that was encrypted and autosaved with "Encrypt Save" disabled, version 273 crashes at the loading screen.

Jozma7, there's no transparency anywhere. Start a battle and look at your EX bar.

I only use PPSSPP on Windows.
Intel Core i3 1.9GHz | 4GB RAM | Integrated Intel HD 4400 | Windows 8.1 x64
04-30-2013, 06:54 PM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2013 07:03 PM by Sorentas.)
(04-30-2013 03:53 PM)Sarisa81 Wrote:  Can you tell me which rev this was? I've encountered this exact issue and tried doing that but in the revs I've been using it freezes up instead. Also, if I try to load an unencrypted save, even a save that was encrypted and autosaved with "Encrypt Save" disabled, version 273 crashes at the loading screen.

Jozma7, there's no transparency anywhere. Start a battle and look at your EX bar.

I've been using 0.7.6-227 seems to work fine with me.

EDIT: Tested the latest rev, seems to freeze with encryption on and off. i guess i should just carry on using 0.7.6-227.
04-30-2013, 09:29 PM
(04-30-2013 06:54 PM)Sorentas Wrote:  
(04-30-2013 03:53 PM)Sarisa81 Wrote:  Can you tell me which rev this was? I've encountered this exact issue and tried doing that but in the revs I've been using it freezes up instead. Also, if I try to load an unencrypted save, even a save that was encrypted and autosaved with "Encrypt Save" disabled, version 273 crashes at the loading screen.

I've been using 0.7.6-227 seems to work fine with me.

EDIT: Tested the latest rev, seems to freeze with encryption on and off. i guess i should just carry on using 0.7.6-227.

Unfortunately, even 0.7.6-227 doesn't seem to fix the issue for me. I'm trying to load a save that I'd been playing on in JPCSP, and if the save's unencrypted 0.7.6-227 crashes on load (whether "Encrypt Save" is on or not) and if it's encrypted it crashes on autosave (whether "Encrypt Save" is on or not). 265 did me the most good with an encrypted save and "Encrypt Save" on but then I ran into Jozma7's problem.

Do I need to do something with saves that have been touched by JPCSP to make them work on PPSSPP?

It's a shame because it's really fast when it does work.

05-01-2013, 01:42 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2013 01:42 AM by Jozma7.)
I found out what is the problem. Clean the SAVEDATA folder of any Dissidia 012 Duodecim saves, then start new game. When you are creating new profile, make sure that after you put every information that is asked of you and you come to the moment when you need to save your data for the first time after beginning of the new game, be sure to put it on the second slot, now go through intro of the game till you get to the main menu of the game, autosave by going back to the main menu. NOW you will see that somehow there is a save on the first slot that showed from nowhere and that save is instead the one you saved on the second slot, and the one on the second is, how can I say, the backup file or file that will ensure you that there will be no crahes or freezes in the future. Now in the future you must only use the first slot for this game saves, and to ensure that the second save stays there always and intact. For the finally, you can delete the save files from the first slot save folder of this game and put in the fresh downloaded save files or the save you used with jpcsp or psp. You must from now on cut your full memcard folder when you wan't to use new or another ppsspp emu and paste it there!!!

IMPORTANT: Don't disable the "Encrypt save" option, because it would not work that way!!!!!!!!!!!!

(04-28-2013 05:18 PM)Sorentas Wrote:  Jozma7, there's no transparency anywhere. Start a battle and look at your EX bar.

You are right about the EX bar, it won't show how much is it filled with EX force? I guess that it has some connection to the NON-TRANSPARENCY I mentioned before! If you look carefully, the jpcsp pictures shows how it needs to look as same as on psp, and you can see on ppsspp pictures that there is no transparency and nothing can't be seen in background like it must! So I'm just asking a simple question: "Why is this happening"?
05-01-2013, 01:51 AM
Yep, I've been hit by the "always saves to first slot" bug.

The workaround I discovered for those of us who don't want to start new games is to alternate between PPSSPP and JPCSP. Open the save in PPSSPP, then after your session is over copy the save over to JPCSP's virtual memory stick (ms0). JPCSP will read PPSSPP's saves, and after you've saved in JPCSP (remember to keep "Handle savedata in crypto mode" on) you can copy the save back to PPSSPP and it'll work like new. I think this is the same as Jozma7's second workaround.

So, anyone found a way to enable sound? I get the in-battle vocal cues, but I miss the soundtrack.

05-01-2013, 02:01 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2013 02:03 AM by Jozma7.)
(05-01-2013 01:51 AM)Sarisa81 Wrote:  Yep, I've been hit by the "always saves to first slot" bug.

The workaround I discovered for those of us who don't want to start new games is to alternate between PPSSPP and JPCSP. Open the save in PPSSPP, then after your session is over copy the save over to JPCSP's virtual memory stick (ms0). JPCSP will read PPSSPP's saves, and after you've saved in JPCSP (remember to keep "Handle savedata in crypto mode" on) you can copy the save back to PPSSPP and it'll work like new. I think this is the same as Jozma7's second workaround.

So you found out the trick about jpcsp Big Grin ! Great! Just, from now on, use my trick so you could use it for "eternity" without any problem Smile . And don't forget to cut the full memcard folder from the old ppsspp if you want to continue of using it in the new emu rev. of ppsspp. Wink

P.S.-I have many more problems spotted if you wan't to ask me so you could find the solution faster?
05-01-2013, 04:27 AM
I've found a third workaround.

While your save works, create a savestate. Then, when you start PPSSPP, load Duodecim, then load the savestate. The game won't freeze up on autosave! Don't forget to savestate before you exit.

This method won't fix an already broken save - that's what JPCSP or a PSP is for - but it should make using PPSSPP much easier.

Jozma7, I'd love to hear about some of the other issues, but since I'm not a programmer I can't do much about them.

05-01-2013, 06:22 AM
(05-01-2013 04:27 AM)Sarisa81 Wrote:  I've found a third workaround.

While your save works, create a savestate. Then, when you start PPSSPP, load Duodecim, then load the savestate. The game won't freeze up on autosave! Don't forget to savestate before you exit.

This method won't fix an already broken save - that's what JPCSP or a PSP is for - but it should make using PPSSPP much easier.

Jozma7, I'd love to hear about some of the other issues, but since I'm not a programmer I can't do much about them.

I know about the savestate trick as you fully described it, but I don't use it cause it's much easier and 100% sure to save the game by autosave on the way I described. Just swap the first savegame folder of this game with save you want to insert and play with.

If you want to know the existing problems of this game I spotted I will tell you, and not only that, I'll write here on this thread, upload pictures and etc. just please find help or someone who will observe this thread more often, someone dedicated to this game, someone that is good at programming?! :\
05-01-2013, 06:32 AM
Well, if you want to point out issues, and show comparisons, that's definitely useful imho. The save issue is very interesting. I'll probably have to find this game from my shelf and rip it to see what it's doing with savedata...

-[Unknown]
05-01-2013, 07:01 AM
(05-01-2013 06:32 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Well, if you want to point out issues, and show comparisons, that's definitely useful imho. The save issue is very interesting. I'll probably have to find this game from my shelf and rip it to see what it's doing with savedata...

-[Unknown]

Hey Unknown bro Big Grin ! I'm very grateful for everything you've done, as too for other folks that put their dedication to finishing this project. I spent great time at jpcsp trying to do any trick so this game could work perfectly in graphics, speed and psp compatibility by doing the report of the problems that are showing in game, so it was no such problem for me to spot the problems on ppsspp. I'm still young and inexperienced with programming, cause I'm still learning at school, but I thing that it will be enough from me for now to only help you to spot easyer the problem that are not showing on the PSP. Smile
05-01-2013, 10:50 AM
Do any of.you know.how.to.get through the stories with out it crashing?its pretty boring just aying arcade and versus
05-01-2013, 10:52 AM
hey guys when i enable the buffered render on my galaxy tab 2 7.0 the screen turns black, is this normal?
05-01-2013, 07:27 PM
seems that it works now thanks! Smile
05-03-2013, 06:36 AM
Which rev? Autosave is still as broken as ever in 339.