Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
05-05-2022, 04:01 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2022 07:53 PM by three5media.)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
I've been retexturing MHFU for a few months now and have made quite a bit of progress. This is a mixture of my own work of straight upscaling using various upscale models in Cupscale and using textures found in another project. Please check out the project on GitHub and if you would like to contribute, please do so. I am very much a noob here but have loved PPSSPP for many years along with MHFU so let me know what you think and what we can do to make this better!

This pack has armor and weapons, all areas and even character upscaling at 4X and 8X for certain assets. More screenshots are included on the GitHub project page.

https://github.com/three5media/mfhu-hd-retexture

[Image: 1.jpg]
[Image: 2.jpg]
[Image: 11.jpg]
[Image: 12.jpg]

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2022, 07:47 PM
RE: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Looks great!
Is there a way to use this on the EU Version of the game?
06-06-2022, 07:18 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2022 07:19 PM by three5media.)
(06-01-2022 07:47 PM)jonny0.0 Wrote:  Looks great!

I don't have the EU version of the game, but you can try and see if it works for it. Download the textures and place the ULUS10391 in the TEXTURES directory and rename the GameID folder from ULUS10391 to ULES01213. There's a change it may work. If it does, please report back.

Just please note I need to update the screenshots again for the village. I updated the ground textures to have a look similar to the original look, but I keep the updated ground texture files in the library, so they can be changed in the textures.ini file.
06-08-2022, 07:40 PM
(06-06-2022 07:18 PM)three5media Wrote:  

I don't have the EU version of the game, but you can try and see if it works for it. Download the textures and place the ULUS10391 in the TEXTURES directory and rename the GameID folder from ULUS10391 to ULES01213. There's a change it may work. If it does, please report back.

Just please note I need to update the screenshots again for the village. I updated the ground textures to have a look similar to the original look, but I keep the updated ground texture files in the library, so they can be changed in the textures.ini file.

I downloaded it and renamed it. Works perfectly! Smile
The Buttons do not use the texture pack for some reason but I'll try renaming some stuff.
Thanks!
06-09-2022, 08:33 PM
(06-08-2022 07:40 PM)jonny0.0 Wrote:  
(06-06-2022 07:18 PM)three5media Wrote:  

I downloaded it and renamed it. Works perfectly! Smile
The Buttons do not use the texture pack for some reason but I'll try renaming some stuff.
Thanks!

It should dump any unmapped texture to the "new" folder. So the only thing you should need to do is get the hash from the filename dumped there and replace the hash in the textures.ini file. It should replace that file with the file that we already have in place. I had a feeling the US -> EU hashes wouldn't be exact but at least it's close.

Thanks for testing this out!
06-16-2022, 11:34 AM
Will you update this texture pack? This is just awesome work, and if you don't mind make it available to EU version too.
06-16-2022, 05:49 PM
(06-16-2022 11:34 AM)floydtheone Wrote:  Will you update this texture pack? This is just awesome work, and if you don't mind make it available to EU version too.

I'm making occasional updates. I'm trying to progress in the game so I can get to certain areas and monsters to be able to extract textures, and also collect new materials to be able to access new weapons and armors. For the most part I think it is compatible with the EU version, but maybe I can do some testing with it.
06-17-2022, 02:16 PM
(06-16-2022 05:49 PM)three5media Wrote:  
(06-16-2022 11:34 AM)floydtheone Wrote:  Will you update this texture pack? This is just awesome work, and if you don't mind make it available to EU version too.

I'm making occasional updates. I'm trying to progress in the game so I can get to certain areas and monsters to be able to extract textures, and also collect new materials to be able to access new weapons and armors. For the most part I think it is compatible with the EU version, but maybe I can do some testing with it.

I'm glad to hear that , the EU version has different hashes.
Only the UI stuff that matches with your pack and some armor and weapons, idk maybe i try to dump the original and manually check them one by one.
Excuse my english, not my first language Big Grin
06-17-2022, 07:22 PM
(06-17-2022 02:16 PM)floydtheone Wrote:  
(06-16-2022 05:49 PM)three5media Wrote:  

I'm glad to hear that , the EU version has different hashes.
Only the UI stuff that matches with your pack and some armor and weapons, idk maybe i try to dump the original and manually check them one by one.
Excuse my english, not my first language Big Grin

Good to know. I'll see what I can do.
07-01-2022, 09:19 AM
This is so good!
The maps look a bit iffy though. Definitely better, but kinda off, if that makes sense.

I'd love to see something like this for p3rd, since none are as complete as this.
07-03-2022, 11:13 AM
(07-01-2022 09:19 AM)FTW28 Wrote:  This is so good!
The maps look a bit iffy though. Definitely better, but kinda off, if that makes sense.

I'd love to see something like this for p3rd, since none are as complete as this.

I'm working on p3rd, it's a bit weird since this game using glow ui and thing Big GrinD
I'm focusing on UI first then armors and last of course the map (areas)
07-03-2022, 07:58 PM
(07-03-2022 11:13 AM)floydtheone Wrote:  

I'm working on p3rd, it's a bit weird since this game using glow ui and thing Big GrinD

There are some existing repos, if you want to use 'em. Stormie's one is probably the most complete and most vanilla, but not by much.

I'm curious as to what you mean by "glow ui"s though.
07-05-2022, 06:06 AM
(07-03-2022 07:58 PM)FTW28 Wrote:  

There are some existing repos, if you want to use 'em. Stormie's one is probably the most complete and most vanilla, but not by much.

Stormie's packs has jagged edges, and i don't like it.
Like the sharpness bar, and the gauge of LS these two have different texture each colour.
Perhaps soon i will release my "own" pack, and sorry for my english Big Grin hope u understand what i am saying.
07-05-2022, 11:35 AM
(07-05-2022 06:06 AM)floydtheone Wrote:  
(07-03-2022 07:58 PM)FTW28 Wrote:  

Stormie's packs has jagged edges, and i don't like it.
Like the sharpness bar, and the gauge of LS these two have different texture each colour.
Perhaps soon i will release my "own" pack, and sorry for my english Big Grin hope u understand what i am saying.

Your English is fine Big Grin
I look forward to your texture pack
07-10-2022, 12:50 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2022 12:52 PM by Nobletaran.)
There is jo dowbload link on your github page

Your github has no download link to get all textures at once