Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Tactics Ogre LUCT HD UI v0.9.9
09-05-2020, 12:24 PM
RE: Tactics Ogre LUCT HD UI
(08-25-2020 02:15 PM)Sirbagsalot Wrote:  
(08-21-2020 11:52 AM)shadking Wrote:  Hi guys, based on the pack posted by Kairo GC, i resized a bit, from 1.0gb to 365mb, rejoice :]

link - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tF6GH2A...2K0CI/view

Thank you both very very much for the contribution. Would u guys like me to edit this on to the first post?

Go ahead dude.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2021, 08:30 AM
Sorry if this is a dumb question but why are there what seem like duplicate textures? For example there are around 68 separate texture files for the title screen fonts (i.e. "single player", "multi player," "install data", etc.). I'm trying to run these textures on the Switch version of PPSSPP and while they do work, the game hangs a lot as if it's waiting for the textures to load. I'm wondering if it's just the sheer number of textures, what with all the icons in menus, but also these "duplicate" textures?

Other texture packs for Valkyria Chronicles II and III work pretty well on Switch, would love to get Tactics Ogre's running smoothly as well if possible
04-24-2021, 05:20 PM
(04-12-2021 08:30 AM)blaww Wrote:  Sorry if this is a dumb question but why are there what seem like duplicate textures? For example there are around 68 separate texture files for the title screen fonts (i.e. "single player", "multi player," "install data", etc.). I'm trying to run these textures on the Switch version of PPSSPP and while they do work, the game hangs a lot as if it's waiting for the textures to load. I'm wondering if it's just the sheer number of textures, what with all the icons in menus, but also these "duplicate" textures?

Other texture packs for Valkyria Chronicles II and III work pretty well on Switch, would love to get Tactics Ogre's running smoothly as well if possible

I'll explain it the simple way. Without those "Duplicates" the textures occasionally end up as non upscaled ones. That is the reason there are multiple of the same ones at times. Atleast that is the way things were when I first made the pack. You can look in to why the emulator dumps them this way if you want.
10-14-2021, 08:55 AM
(04-24-2021 05:20 PM)Sirbagsalot Wrote:  
(04-12-2021 08:30 AM)blaww Wrote:  Sorry if this is a dumb question but why are there what seem like duplicate textures? For example there are around 68 separate texture files for the title screen fonts (i.e. "single player", "multi player," "install data", etc.). I'm trying to run these textures on the Switch version of PPSSPP and while they do work, the game hangs a lot as if it's waiting for the textures to load. I'm wondering if it's just the sheer number of textures, what with all the icons in menus, but also these "duplicate" textures?

I'll explain it the simple way. Without those "Duplicates" the textures occasionally end up as non upscaled ones. That is the reason there are multiple of the same ones at times. Atleast that is the way things were when I first made the pack. You can look in to why the emulator dumps them this way if you want.

Hello, did you use the program "Image Enhancing Utility"?

If so, can I ask what Settings/Output Formats/Filter&Rules/Interpolations you used? I wanna try upscaling some textures of the game.
10-21-2021, 01:51 PM
(10-14-2021 08:55 AM)ghettostud Wrote:  
(04-24-2021 05:20 PM)Sirbagsalot Wrote:  

Hello, did you use the program "Image Enhancing Utility"?

If so, can I ask what Settings/Output Formats/Filter&Rules/Interpolations you used? I wanna try upscaling some textures of the game.

I used 4x fatality (one of my fave models) and manga109 on some files. Don't really remember if I did anything crazy with the settings but I did have to manually touch up a few character portraits that upscaled terribly. The games texture dump is a jungle, good luck in there!
12-27-2021, 09:35 AM
Hi

Sorry, I'm a bit new to this? How do I actually use this Texture Pack?
I have copied this into the following folder:

..\PPSSPP\PSP\TEXTURES

But I don't notice any difference when running the game.
All youtube videos i found appear to recommend replacing each texture one by one in the textures.ini file after Saving Textures, but that seems extremely tedious. Is there any way around this?
02-11-2022, 09:20 PM
(12-27-2021 09:35 AM)cobuse Wrote:  Hi

Sorry, I'm a bit new to this? How do I actually use this Texture Pack?
I have copied this into the following folder:

..\PPSSPP\PSP\TEXTURES

But I don't notice any difference when running the game.
All youtube videos i found appear to recommend replacing each texture one by one in the textures.ini file after Saving Textures, but that seems extremely tedious. Is there any way around this?

past the folder in \PPSSPP\PSP\TEXTURES as you did.
Then launch ppsspp, game settings > tools > developer tools.
enable replace textures
12-13-2022, 05:43 AM
Can a Japanese version be made?
12-30-2022, 03:26 AM
I was able to rename the file to that of the Europe version making me question what Sara's portrait will be in the Vanilla US Version (Since the OV and US versions share the same save.) and if the same applies to the European version as well as other generics that have their class changed by the One Vision mod or is the pic change only for Sara right now Sirs and Mams?
03-26-2023, 02:17 AM
Dont mind the portrait thing, I think it was from a time in OV where sara had a female rogue portrait instead, I am not sure if that is still the case. Just as a heads up I plan on coming back and redoing this pack with assets from reborn and new upscaling techniques. Just have another psp game I am working on atm and then ill be replaying OV and grabbing new dumps to upscale/replace.
04-01-2023, 07:32 AM
Could you make a separate file for original version players?
Sara and Voltare's portrtait turn blur when I change their job to ninja and knight
Lots of enemy portraits are blur in random battle, moded item icons in ov are very low quality
04-02-2023, 07:45 PM
Everything is getting reworked from scratch, new program (ChaiNNer), new models, and assets from reborn. Repeating textures wont be an issue since I'll be using an ini with some options this time so the portraits wont blur randomly anymore either. I am only making the texture pack on top of One Vision since I have already had my fill of vanilla LUCT, from my testing it should be fully compatible with vanilla except for the smaller things that are changed. (like icons)
04-05-2023, 02:39 PM
I would recommend you to use the 8x_NMKD-Typescale_175k model which upscales low-resolution text/typography and symbols to prevent you from having blurry text and have them smooth also for the animation videos, the model x_fatal_Anime_500000_G (4X_KCJPUNK_1.0_233089_ G) is great, 4x_BS_DevianceMIP_82000_G for Landscape & Scenery, 4x_NMKD-Siax_200k to upscale very blurry images and 1x_artifacts_bc1_free_alsa with 1x_BCGone-DetailedV2_40-60_115000_G to remove artifacts.
04-06-2023, 09:48 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2023 09:53 AM by Sirbagsalot.)
I'm staying away from the videos, they would probably take up way to much extra space for my liking, if someone else upscales em ill be glad to throw the link in here as an optional download, but ill take a peak at the text model and see how it looks. Mikewando mentioned earlier in the thread that the game uses Captain Comic Italic for the conversations which I can use to remake the font, but that is ofc more effort, I'll consider the options.

Here is a bit of a preview, this is a UI upscale with whatever can be adapted from reborn so sprites and tilesets I dont plan on touching.
https://imgsli.com/MTY2NTY5
04-07-2023, 04:37 PM
no prob the more polished it is the better, remember if you need help writing text for the ini because of not having enough time let me do it for you so we can save time, i want us to do even more other games.