Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 5 Average
Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack Community Expansion (WIP) [Updated 12/16/2021]
02-19-2021, 05:59 PM
RE: Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack Expansion Using AI (WIP) [Updated 01/28/2021]
(02-19-2021 10:53 AM)ArcEnCiel Wrote:  Here's general rip of FES SEES, Strega and couple other NPCs of some note collected at this point (Maiko is included since she's one of S.Links that wanders into Tartarus at some point)

https://mega.nz/file/d0VGyRxZ#q7Jie9kb3V...w0zvPBIxaI

I still have like 400 files to sift through so if I find more to it I will upload updated link at some point.

Glad you noticed Maiko too. So far i've got Fuuka and Takaya done from what you sent me. As always, the folders have the progress I made last night, although I haven't put those two up yet.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2021, 01:51 PM
RE: Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack Expansion Using AI (WIP) [Updated 01/28/2021]
Updated NPC folder rip. https://mega.nz/file/5w9UBQjQ#-m3dTkZlMj...YfF_l9LO9g

"Main" folder has battlefield model textures for SEES (like Shirt of Chivalry and Maid costume variants), Strega and Old Couple textures now since I don't remember clearly which one wanders into Tartarus.
"NPC" folder has like 98% of all the other NPC textures and is barely organized. But it probably has the textures for other NPCs that wander into Tartarus (most likely somewhere in "zNPCfolders")
And "mockup" has 1 FEMC texture mockup where I have a suggestion. For SEES Armband for party it might be better to use PSP variation (with regular integer upscaling to match higher resolution of PS2) with SEES letters clearly visible since it looks kinda closer to Official Artwork.
02-23-2021, 04:45 AM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2021 03:51 AM by flamecrest920.)
(02-21-2021 01:51 PM)ArcEnCiel Wrote:  Updated NPC folder rip. https://mega.nz/file/5w9UBQjQ#-m3dTkZlMj...YfF_l9LO9g

"Main" folder has battlefield model textures for SEES (like Shirt of Chivalry and Maid costume variants), Strega and Old Couple textures now since I don't remember clearly which one wanders into Tartarus.
"NPC" folder has like 98% of all the other NPC textures and is barely organized. But it probably has the textures for other NPCs that wander into Tartarus (most likely somewhere in "zNPCfolders")
And "mockup" has 1 FEMC texture mockup where I have a suggestion. For SEES Armband for party it might be better to use PSP variation (with regular integer upscaling to match higher resolution of PS2) with SEES letters clearly visible since it looks kinda closer to Official Artwork.

Looks like having to try a second time to attach the picture deleted my original message here. I got a bunch done and uploaded, namely finishing the male MC, Yukari, Ken, Chidori, Jin, Bunkichi, Fuuka, and Mitsuru. Color corrected the hat and eyes on Junpei's All Out Attack portrait as you can see here, and made a few corrections to Tartarus, the bunker, and hotel too. Drew a rough blink portrait for Vincent, and partially remade FEMC's textures using PS2 original versions wherever possible. The Portable original parts of outfits are obviously unaffected, but yes, I went to the trouble of mapping her maid, school uniform, bikini, and BP outfits. Latter two are the most notable I suppose, cause I had to edit them from Yukari/Mitsuru's ones as you'd expect.

EDIT: Added Akihiko, and fixed Mitsuru/Male MC's eyes. Edited the "Great" Status picture to resemble it's design from Portable much more.

EDIT 2: Shinjiro added, and Tuxedo costumes were partially remade.

EDIT 3 (yes, really): Junpei, Shinjiro, Tartarus victims, Nyx "egg" form area textures, battle flash texture (for teammates fighting solo in Tartarus), Hell Knight, and Devious Maya. All character models outside of enemies/Personas should be covered now.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-27-2021, 11:17 AM
I guess at this point I should focus on continuing editing the blink frames. When I have something to show for it I will post an update. Also if there's any more FES texture rips I should look into, let me know.
02-27-2021, 07:47 PM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2021 11:08 PM by flamecrest920.)
(02-27-2021 11:17 AM)ArcEnCiel Wrote:  I guess at this point I should focus on continuing editing the blink frames. When I have something to show for it I will post an update. Also if there's any more FES texture rips I should look into, let me know.

Sounds good. I noticed a transparency issue with the portraits, btw. It's easiest to see during the Nyx Avatar intro dialogue, but there seems to be a slight bit of color where there should be blank space (i.e. the space surrounding Akihiko in his shocked portrait).

By any chance are you able to get at the Arcana Hermit fight background? Everything but the floor keeps on ripping corrupted on my end. Aside from that, I think remaining enemies and spell effects would be good things to prioritize.

I ended up finding a Tartarus victim I missed, alongside a bunch of textures for the boss environments and such, so all that is going up now. I redid Elizabeth as well, so she should seem a bit more consistent with my newer work.

About the SEES armband, I realized that P3 Dancing In Moonlight uses the same exact font as the All Out Attack portraits on its models, but it's difficult to get it to scale down and still be readable. I wonder if somebody knows how to convert it to vector art or something to get around that.

EDIT: Made some experimental blink frames for the rest of Shinjiro's portraits. This includes his "final" portrait too, purely because he also uses it while he's still conscious. Also repurposed existing blinking frames for Saori's "eyes half closed" happy portraits (i.e. when accepting a request to hang out).
02-28-2021, 02:55 PM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2021 02:58 PM by ArcEnCiel.)
Hermit also has that texture for me come up corrupted. I assume there might exist a color conversion that would fix it, but I have no idea how. As for spell effects I did not find them anywhere while I was haphazardly going through ripping textures. If you know where they dwell, let me know.
03-01-2021, 12:05 AM
(02-28-2021 02:55 PM)ArcEnCiel Wrote:  Hermit also has that texture for me come up corrupted. I assume there might exist a color conversion that would fix it, but I have no idea how. As for spell effects I did not find them anywhere while I was haphazardly going through ripping textures. If you know where they dwell, let me know.

Gotcha. Aside from my earlier enemies suggestion, maybe ripping the original blood textures could be useful. Speaking of which, Trident, if you read this, how do you feel about replacing some of the older upscaled environmental textures? My main interests are Thebel, the Chidori fight, Strength/Fortune fight, and the train iirc. Some of the upscales are good, but others seem to be muddled a bit by an older upscaling method. As I did with the characters (ironically including Chidori herself), I wonder if you'd be open to replacing those with the PS2 variants, so we have a consistent "set" as a base for a better upscaling.

Time for my Regularly Scheduled Progress UpdateTM: I remade a pair of textures for Monad Depths (they were half the size of their Thebel counterparts even in FES), caught a few missing Thebel textures, and attempted a redraw of Koromaru's All Out Attack portrait (to be much more consistent with his two-toned fur design from art and ingame). I compressed a copy of it so it'll send here, but obviously the actual file I'm using isn't compressed.

I don't know if I'll do other ones yet, but I made custom Xbox button prompts, and moved that alongside my Colorful ones into a separate folder.

**This means that Unseparated and the individual UI folder both have Trident's standard prompts back in place, with these as options the end user has to manually copy into UI.**

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

03-01-2021, 10:34 AM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2021 11:27 AM by ArcEnCiel.)
OK this is my personal Shadows folder I ripped long ago for personal use. Meaning it's completely unorganized.

https://mega.nz/file/11MjWAqA#w-ytCtyQ-1...aIDg1WO6Dg

Edit: It's possible spell effects are in BTL/SKILL folder but when those files are inserted into Amicitia they don't seem to give anything that isn't some kind of raw data.
03-02-2021, 01:08 PM
Here's 3rd Batch of blinking frame edits. Does almost all remaining NPCs (except for Chihiro), FEMC and Yukari.
With Yukari there are some issues I noticed so it's not quite done (Folder 03 and 05 Blink frames are swapped. And Folder 22 Blink Frame has a couple transparent pixels above right eye.)

https://mega.nz/file/J9kTnSyb#KtenXKI6MF...jTZa-mKTyw

This leaves 6 more SEES members and Chihiro to edit. SEES will take some time cause ones like Akihiko, Junpei and Fuuka have 40 blink frames each.
03-02-2021, 10:51 PM
(03-02-2021 01:08 PM)ArcEnCiel Wrote:  Here's 3rd Batch of blinking frame edits. Does almost all remaining NPCs (except for Chihiro), FEMC and Yukari.
With Yukari there are some issues I noticed so it's not quite done (Folder 03 and 05 Blink frames are swapped. And Folder 22 Blink Frame has a couple transparent pixels above right eye.)

https://mega.nz/file/J9kTnSyb#KtenXKI6MF...jTZa-mKTyw

This leaves 6 more SEES members and Chihiro to edit. SEES will take some time cause ones like Akihiko, Junpei and Fuuka have 40 blink frames each.

* fixed those errors you mentioned
*corrected the collar color on Yukari's AOA portrait.
* did the same for Junpei's necklace.
* redid Margaret's model render with an edited screenshot of her from Persona 4 Golden.
* mapped a bunch of enemy textures, mostly affecting the Mayas, Towers, Giants, and Swords. I partially covered the Lovers and Hierophant bosses, although I don't think i'll end up doing the final texture for each one.
* made a small adjustment to the Tartarus teleporter menu (changed the green moon outline to be a moon, akin to FES. The rest of the menu is completely different aside from the block icons however, so I didn't apply FES textures to any of it)
* apparently I somehow made Monad point to Thebel's floor textures, so I fixed that, and applied FES textures to Thebel.

Here's the main MEGA link again for anybody who needs it, with this whole list uploaded:

https://mega.nz/folder/iglwxDiI#VL7Lf5bLGZjTRAVk3qEuVQ

At this point I think I'm mapping stuff at almost random, but progress is progress
03-04-2021, 06:53 PM
Working on uploading it now, but I did another round of enemy textures and Nyx Avatar. I also edited the map icons for allies, enemies, and Tartarus victims to much more closely match their equivalents in FES and unmodified Portable.

Nyx Avatar comparison:
https://imgsli.com/NDI4Njk
03-05-2021, 09:57 AM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2021 10:02 AM by ArcEnCiel.)
Final set of Blink frames, meaning it's now pretty much finished (one mitsuru blink frame is broken with eye's white in it). https://mega.nz/file/k9N2SJSJ#jAtjhuTCu7...r34AI9VVxc
At this point I'm not sure what else I could do, I guess I could start extracting PSP spell animations unless that has already been done.

EDIT: For Yukari swapped Blink frames 3 and 5 I am positive if their locations are swapped their hashes should also be adjusted in .ini folder.
03-07-2021, 02:58 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2021 02:58 AM by flamecrest920.)
(03-05-2021 09:57 AM)ArcEnCiel Wrote:  Final set of Blink frames, meaning it's now pretty much finished (one mitsuru blink frame is broken with eye's white in it). https://mega.nz/file/k9N2SJSJ#jAtjhuTCu7...r34AI9VVxc
At this point I'm not sure what else I could do, I guess I could start extracting PSP spell animations unless that has already been done.

EDIT: For Yukari swapped Blink frames 3 and 5 I am positive if their locations are swapped their hashes should also be adjusted in .ini folder.

That's my bad. I shouldn't have assumed they were using the right textures but the wrong hashes. I moved the portraits out of the Characters folder, but I fixed the hashes and portraits for that now. I also took a shot at fixing the Mitsuru problem. Personas are moved out of the Characters folder as well, and all my recent edits like Nyx are actually uploaded this time.
04-15-2021, 09:52 PM
shit dude, i've waiting years for HD textures
Thanks, i wanna cry
04-18-2021, 11:33 AM
Ain't working for me. Extracted the files into the PSP>Textures>[GAMEID] folder. Loading textures works fine on other games but not this one. Can you write on the OP on how to apply the textures?