Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Phantasy Star Portable 2
02-26-2015, 09:10 AM
RE: Phantasy Star Portable 2
(02-25-2015 07:04 PM)emmaus Wrote:  want to test out this. will use the server listed here

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...#pid103397

also using android

using android will not working, try windows
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-17-2015, 11:50 PM (This post was last modified: 03-22-2015 08:11 AM by Ezekil.)
got it working on VMware win xp but i still have loading screen problem for multiplayer and some depth issues, should i just put a cracked version of win 8.1 on my other pc?
03-20-2015, 05:39 PM
Seems the only way I got around the infinite loading issue, was to download the free Windows 10 Preview OS and play there. Definitely not a "fix", but it's something. Haven't tried 1.0.1, and I did this a while ago, so this might be all old information, but I figured I'd post anyways.
06-14-2015, 02:39 AM
Ok so I have been using 1.0.1 PPSSPP and using evolve with me and my friends. Although I can host and get into the lobby I can't load missions for what ever reasons.

Altrhough I will say port forwarding 27312 can solve the problem for some. My friend can host flawlessly. I don't know what is keeping me for loading the missions it just hangs for me
06-14-2015, 03:21 PM (This post was last modified: 06-14-2015 03:23 PM by MunchMonkii.)
(06-14-2015 02:39 AM)Joushu Wrote:  Ok so I have been using 1.0.1 PPSSPP and using evolve with me and my friends. Although I can host and get into the lobby I can't load missions for what ever reasons.

Altrhough I will say port forwarding 27312 can solve the problem for some. My friend can host flawlessly. I don't know what is keeping me for loading the missions it just hangs for me
Sounds like you're getting infinite load screen (when hosting and trying to start a mission at the mission counter) like myself and some others have experienced. Are you running Windows 7 by chance? I've only seen that issue occur on Windows 7.

You should be able to get around it by using Windows 8 or Windows 10. Otherwise, I don't know if there is a fix. :{

Phantasy Star Portable 2 / Infinity
PPSSPP Multiplayer Discord Group
All are welcome to join!
https://discord.gg/qJ7HcBU
06-14-2015, 11:06 PM
(06-14-2015 03:21 PM)MunchMonkii Wrote:  
(06-14-2015 02:39 AM)Joushu Wrote:  Ok so I have been using 1.0.1 PPSSPP and using evolve with me and my friends. Although I can host and get into the lobby I can't load missions for what ever reasons.

Sounds like you're getting infinite load screen (when hosting and trying to start a mission at the mission counter) like myself and some others have experienced. Are you running Windows 7 by chance? I've only seen that issue occur on Windows 7.

You should be able to get around it by using Windows 8 or Windows 10. Otherwise, I don't know if there is a fix. :{

Yea I actually came up with that conclusion once i posted it this cuz i realize my brother friend and cousin all have windows 8 and just host without hanging missions I just updated to windows 8 today and i can now host missions without hang

So im very curious what is keeping windows 7 from doing this
06-22-2015, 01:37 AM (This post was last modified: 06-22-2015 01:37 AM by NoXsys.)
Well guys, I finally took the plunge after waiting patiently for any fixes for the infinite loading screen.

Installed Windows 8.1 on a different partition I made out of some extra HDD space. Booted up PSP2i, started a mission, and BAM. I'm in.

I can't even begin to speculate why it gives people such problems on Windows 7 (my brother's machine runs Windows 7 and he loads just fine), but at least for now I can play this game in all its glory until a true fix is found/authored - although it may be the only thing I use Windows 8 for.

I'll probably be setting up an Evolve lobby or something, specifically for INFINITY soon. If anyone wants to join send me a PM or something and we can work out the logistics there, or I'll just post here again once everything is ready to go. Coldbird would obviously be the easiest, but I'd rather not have to use a DMZ.
06-22-2015, 03:30 AM (This post was last modified: 06-22-2015 03:31 AM by MunchMonkii.)
(06-22-2015 01:37 AM)NoXsys Wrote:  Well guys, I finally took the plunge after waiting patiently for any fixes for the infinite loading screen.

Installed Windows 8.1 on a different partition I made out of some extra HDD space. Booted up PSP2i, started a mission, and BAM. I'm in.

I can't even begin to speculate why it gives people such problems on Windows 7 (my brother's machine runs Windows 7 and he loads just fine), but at least for now I can play this game in all its glory until a true fix is found/authored - although it may be the only thing I use Windows 8 for.

I'll probably be setting up an Evolve lobby or something, specifically for INFINITY soon. If anyone wants to join send me a PM or something and we can work out the logistics there, or I'll just post here again once everything is ready to go. Coldbird would obviously be the easiest, but I'd rather not have to use a DMZ.
Glad to see you got around it. I tried fiddling with that Win7 issue for the longest but could never figure out what causes the issue. Only 1 of m 3 Win7 machines could get around it. All 3 of my Win8 machines got past it no problem. This glitch made me permanently make the switch to Win8. Haha

If you're interested, I put together a Portable 2 / Portable 2 infinity group on Evolve. You and anyone else are more than welcome to join. There are 120+ members. Not everyone is incredibly active, but if you pop in the lobby/chat every once in a while, you'll probably find someone with whom to party. :}

evolvehq.com/groups/phantasy-star-portable-2-infinity-on

All are welcome to join!
06-23-2015, 02:09 AM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2015 02:12 AM by Joushu.)
Video RE: Phantasy Star Portable 2
(06-22-2015 01:37 AM)NoXsys Wrote:  Well guys, I finally took the plunge after waiting patiently for any fixes for the infinite loading screen.

Brah You can always hit me up for PSP2 or i. I got me my family and friends hooked up playing about 12 of us playing about every day
Skype and Evolve: jmanx18

youtu.be/GbZtLXce7I8?t=1m17s
06-27-2015, 09:45 AM (This post was last modified: 06-27-2015 10:10 AM by vnctdj.)
hey all where do i get a english download for this game i really want to join the community but no idea how to get my hands on it !

Edit by vnctdj : Piracy is not allowed on our forum, please respect the rules.
07-27-2015, 04:10 PM
help how to host and play phantasy star 2 portable
i have the game and such i just cant figure out how to get it to work ive tried ad hoc and hamachi i get a party up freind joins and i start it just drops him a simple how to guide to set stuff up would be greatly apicated like step by step or maybe a fix to my problem im trying to host but im not to smart pn how to do this
07-27-2015, 04:13 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
08-16-2015, 06:51 AM
I'm not entirely sure if this is the right place to post this, it may be a problem with the game or emulator itself, however it does relate to multiplayer mode so I'll try here, and if I'm wrong I'm sorry in advance.

My problem is very simple. The game plays fine, I can get into a solo multiplayer mission and all, but the thing keeps dropping connection on me, forcing me back to the title screen. I am not using anything other than the emulator to play though, so I am not sure what is causing the problem.
08-21-2015, 01:35 AM
(08-16-2015 06:51 AM)Soultpp Wrote:  I'm not entirely sure if this is the right place to post this, it may be a problem with the game or emulator itself, however it does relate to multiplayer mode so I'll try here, and if I'm wrong I'm sorry in advance.

My problem is very simple. The game plays fine, I can get into a solo multiplayer mission and all, but the thing keeps dropping connection on me, forcing me back to the title screen. I am not using anything other than the emulator to play though, so I am not sure what is causing the problem.
I'm assuming you're playing with others on Coldbird.net when you get disconnected? I'd suggest try playing over a hardwired connection instead of wifi. In my experiences playing this game in multiplayer (over PPSSPP), there are few times when disconnects occur after the party has already formed. Usually the disconnects happen when attempting to form the party before the party is loaded into the town.

All are welcome to join!
09-02-2015, 08:27 PM
Would anyone like to play with me? I have seen gameplay of this game and it looks pretty awesome. I'm a noob on this one though. I have played Phantasy Star Online and was pretty enjoyable and fun. This looks even better! =D I hope anyone would like to play.