Thread Rating:
  • 19 Votes - 4.16 Average
Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII
03-24-2013, 09:18 AM
RE: Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
is this game intro can be skipped by turn OFF media engine??
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-2013, 09:34 PM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2013 12:32 AM by bsauvage.)
RE: Crisis core FF7 boots, loops...
(03-24-2013 12:23 AM)chipanzee05 Wrote:  
(03-23-2013 03:00 PM)kenny43 Wrote:  
(03-23-2013 02:30 PM)chipanzee05 Wrote:  
(03-23-2013 12:14 PM)kenny43 Wrote:  
(03-23-2013 05:36 AM)chipanzee05 Wrote:  Have the latest build, after the 10th anniversary boot screen it gets a black screen and doesn't proceed anymore. Anyone having the same problem? My device is an iphone 4s 6.1.2

That's when the main menu appears normally but you can't see anything as the emulator doesn't play videos yet (if you have played the game, there's a video playing on the background showing shinra and stuff), try pressing the X buttom and you should see the "New game" and "Load game" options pop up on the black screen, go on from there~
Not sure if it actually works on iOs but give it a try.

My bad, the other problem is that the buttons disappear after the 10th anniversary boot logo. On the 7.0d build, I experienced a white screen rather than a black but the buttons were there and I can view the new and load game options. To cut the story short, it's somehow playable on the 7.0d rather than the latest build but I can't test the game using the latter because of the glitch that I'm experiencing.

Yes on earlier builds non played videos were displayed all white, then raven02 changed it to actually display all black instead so on the latests dev builds is now black, anyways.. About the buttons disappearing, I haven't experienced it.. Though something similar did happen, the very first time I use a fresh installed ppsspp application, the buttons black out, and I have to exit the emulator and come back, then afterwards they don't black out anymore.

Then again lets remember I'm using the android version, not the iOs one.. So you are free to try and see if it's the same for you, but I can't promise anything

(03-23-2013 12:22 PM)geigermuller Wrote:  What if we ripped the videos out of the game? Do you think it would solve the problem?

That's an excelent idea, I had actually thought of it but as I have no idea of how to do that I never said anything LOL, but if someone could try it and report back, it would be awesome..

After the disappearance of the buttons I tried to touch the X button even it's not in there it worked - the new game and load game appeared. Haha. But as soon as I skipped the intro using a save file (the scene where angeal asks zack whether to hold on or proceed to wutai) the screen just goes black and doesn't go on. Maybe I'll just wait for the official and most stable build for my device. Thanks for your help! Smile

i think it works fine again (black videos) if you change the settings before starting the game: you need to have checked: hardware transform, vertex cache, draw using streamvbo, use media engine.

HOWEVER I have another problem that makes the game very quickly unplayable. On the firs mission to Mount Wutai, after the first 3 combats, there is a cutscene where Zack and his friends talk about dumbapples and friendship. Fine until video starts, but even if i wait it freezes at the sentence: It was rumoured that his apples tasted the best.

Anybody has this and can pass it ? (it seems in earlier builds it was working ?)

Thanks

Fyi if that helps the developpers, JPCSP had the same problem previously and they explain how they fixed it in the thread below
http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?pid=6653
03-28-2013, 10:10 PM
I played using the save from this forum. Now I beat Bahamut abd after defeating him, there's a cutscene (you now, no video but you can see the subtitles) but after it ends, the screen stays black. I can pause but that's all. What now?

Were you guys able to play after that cutscene?
Now even my save data is lost, because I didnt save before fighting Bahamut (okay it's just 10min time played between the savepoint and the fight but it's still annoying to replay all this again).

Testing PPSSPP on:

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4
iPad 4, iOS 7.0.4

ASUS Notebook
Windows 8 64-Bit
8GB RAM, Intel Core i7 processor @ 2,3 GHz
nVidia Geforce GT 635M 2GB
03-31-2013, 07:21 PM
I didn't play through the whole game, but it gets past the opening sequence now (soon, after my pull lands.)

Hopefully the "dumbapples" and other parts are similarly fixed.

-[Unknown]
04-01-2013, 04:14 AM
RE: Crisis CoFinal Fantasy VII
(03-31-2013 07:21 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  I didn't play through the whole game, but it gets past the opening sequence now (soon, after my pull lands.)

Hopefully the "dumbapples" and other parts are similarly fixed.

-[Unknown]

Couldn't confirm about the opening sequence (didn't have the patience lol as it goes slower than the video itself, compared it to an actual running video of the opening), but the dumbapples one went through quite smoothly, so yes, it's fixed.

Although, I wonder if it's just me, I notice it goes slow where video sequences should be, if you compare it to one running fine on a psp or any video from youtube, on ppsspp subtittles are displayed for longer, and also take longer to come up (even running at 60 FPS).

-Samsung galaxy S3 International version - Android 4.4.2
-Dual Core locked CPU, Clocked at 1Ghz-1.8Ghz
-Mali 400MP4 GPU Clocked from 160Mhz to 533Mhz
-1GB ram, boo..
04-01-2013, 06:10 AM
Hmm, there's probably issues with however it's timing the subtitles (probably the pts.) Well, getting closer anyway. Glad it got past that one part.

-[Unknown]
04-01-2013, 01:53 PM
It still freezes at some points . Fr example after the behemoth fight

04-01-2013, 02:12 PM
Yeah, I just fixed the video (I think) there but I still don't know what's causing it to freeze...

-[Unknown]
04-01-2013, 03:17 PM
RE: Crisis CoFinal Fantasy VII
(04-01-2013 02:12 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Yeah, I just fixed the video (I think) there but I still don't know what's causing it to freeze...

-[Unknown]

I wouldn't say it's a freeze... Keys still respond, and even the game itself can be paused, I tried it myself, it seems that there's something blocking on the emulation, but I've not a clue of what could it be or why..

-Samsung galaxy S3 International version - Android 4.4.2
-Dual Core locked CPU, Clocked at 1Ghz-1.8Ghz
-Mali 400MP4 GPU Clocked from 160Mhz to 533Mhz
-1GB ram, boo..
04-01-2013, 06:43 PM
After further investigations a video appears after you beat the behemoth. Of course it's an black screen but at least the subtitles appear. Still after some seconds the game freezes/ no actions can be done
04-01-2013, 07:20 PM
I used the newest build on Win7 64x. With the saved game you gyus provided for the US version, I can walk around in the base with no problem. As soon as I start the first training mission, the screen goes black (haven't seen any subtitles). Any idea why that is?
04-05-2013, 06:41 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2013 06:48 PM by Vribose.)
Hi, i play the crises core vost version on my iPhone 4S With the last version of ppsspp from angelXwind 7.444
I boot the game and start a new game i must wait ten minutes then a screen appear and i'm able to begin the game to the first fight i'm 40 fps and by adding frameskip + disable buffered rending i'm close to 60 fps so no lags
Some scenes are With a black screen but i see subtitles , no problem i can begin the second fight of the game then before a short cut-scene my character appear: so this is the first Time i move the character when i'm not in a fight

I can't moove the character only the start button worksConfused
The fights work perfectly and i CAN moove when i fight so i Would Like to Know if it's a problem of : save file:i didn't use any save file ? Game version? Emulator for iOS which do not support the game? Settings of the emulator ?

So if There is anybody with this game on iOS please answer those questions and sorry for my english it´s not my native languageSmile
04-06-2013, 07:18 AM
I dont get it, using the latest build but i still get loops between the square enix logo and the FF7 aniversary logo on my XPlay, cant even get to the menu to load up a save game.... How do i get it to work or is it possible to skip it with a savestate from someone else?
04-06-2013, 08:43 AM
@Nerdd

You have to change the settings. It only passes the loop if you have the right settings.
Have a look at the first pages of this thread. Someone had listed his settings which worked for me.

Each time I change the settings, I get to this loop, too. So just adjust them.

Testing PPSSPP on:

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4
iPad 4, iOS 7.0.4

ASUS Notebook
Windows 8 64-Bit
8GB RAM, Intel Core i7 processor @ 2,3 GHz
nVidia Geforce GT 635M 2GB
04-06-2013, 09:07 AM
(04-06-2013 08:43 AM)Burna91 Wrote:  @Nerdd

You have to change the settings. It only passes the loop if you have the right settings.
Have a look at the first pages of this thread. Someone had listed his settings which worked for me.

Each time I change the settings, I get to this loop, too. So just adjust them.
Thanks a bunch, found out that i had to change the settings AND relaunch the game (lol). but sadly though it runs 20-40fps during the behemoth fight on my XPlay... oh well hopefully it gets better overtime Smile