Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona
05-25-2013, 09:54 AM
RE: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona
Just so you know, Persona 2 suffer from the same bug :
[Image: Cz1J.png]
That spiral thing is almost ghost like on a real PSP.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-2013, 02:28 PM
(04-30-2013 07:49 PM)GabrieliosP Wrote:  
(04-25-2013 03:44 PM)b.sykes Wrote:  Full Playable in 0.7.6!
I'm using the version with sound and video and it's running very well!

"With sound and video"? Which settings are you using?

I'm having the following problems:

- 2D sprites with no transparency (Agastya tree, Persona sprites and attack effects)
- No BGM. Voice files and sound effects still play
- Video cutscenes do not play. Instead I get a black screen (though the cutscenes still tecnically are playing. If you wait enough, the game will resume from the point after the cutscene)

Same issues here as well on latest version, though P3P works better with all sounds and few graphic issues. The opening video doesn't work for both of them though.

My Laptop Stats and Stuff(Used CPUID CPU-Z and dxdiag)

Intel® Celeron(E) CPU B820 @ 1.70GHz
Cores 2 Threads 2
2gb DDR3 Ram
Mobile Intel® HD Graphics(771MBytes)
Conexant SmartAudio HD
05-31-2013, 04:34 PM
The issue with videos seems to be universal. All games I've played with video cutscenes in PPSSPP do not play. Let's just hope this is fixed soon. People are already working on the issue with the lack of transparency in 2D sprites (as seen in a link posted here some time ago).
06-03-2013, 01:40 PM
(05-24-2013 12:12 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  There's an open bug for this issue:

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/1793

-[Unknown]

The second image he says uses "src alpha". Is that something I can enable somewhere?
06-03-2013, 02:18 PM
No, and that hack only worked on that screen, it would randomly break other things if you left that screen. It was just for the purpose of narrowing down the issue.

-[Unknown]
07-04-2013, 07:02 PM
has the new update fixed the sprites?
07-04-2013, 08:07 PM
The issue with the lack of transparency? Sadly, no. Persona 2 is also suffering from the same problem. At least now we have BGM and video cutscenes working.
07-07-2013, 01:12 AM
So, is this ever gonna be fixed? Henryk's comment on the issue made it seem like he wasn't all that concerned about it, which sucks since it's an issue currently affecting 3(?) games.
07-07-2013, 02:28 AM
Mostly because the game is completly playable even with the issue. So they're focusing on issues that hinder gameplay completly before they can concentrate on giving nice touches on games that are already working.
07-23-2013, 07:01 PM (This post was last modified: 07-23-2013 07:01 PM by Internetakias.)
Okay, this transparency issue really needs to be fixed; it's causing an entire area in Persona 2 Innocent Sin's Club Zodiac to be obscured and there's no way to see what's going on.
[Image: lCyHOH2.jpg]
07-23-2013, 10:48 PM
Crap, seems like P1 isn't safe from this either
[Image: yTIyA8h.jpg]
Part of the map is obscured so I can't see where I'm going.
07-24-2013, 06:50 AM
"Part of the map is obscured so I can't see where I'm going. "

Yeah, i just started playing today and ran into this thing too, wanted to post about it. Black rectangles in battle are one thing, but not being able to see the map hardly makes the game "completely playable" as GabrielioP put it.

It works with no visible graphical bugs on Jpcsp, but at very random speeds, it jumps from 20 to 50 depending on a scene.
07-24-2013, 07:56 AM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2013 08:01 AM by Internetakias.)
(07-24-2013 06:50 AM)karry299 Wrote:  "Part of the map is obscured so I can't see where I'm going. "

Yeah, i just started playing today and ran into this thing too, wanted to post about it. Black rectangles in battle are one thing, but not being able to see the map hardly makes the game "completely playable" as GabrielioP put it.

It works with no visible graphical bugs on Jpcsp, but at very random speeds, it jumps from 20 to 50 depending on a scene.

Yeah, I reported about this on the issue page... Hopefully, Henryk will realize this is more than just a cosmetic bug.
EDIT: Here's another screenshot I took
[Image: DIAMxjJ.jpg]
This time, the bug really got in the way of my attempt to find which way the Police Station is and the on-map random encounters didn't help either.
07-26-2013, 07:33 PM
I really wanted to play this game after I finished playing Persona 3 Portable 2 days ago, which ran perfectly even though I have a really crappy computer.
SMT: Persona doesn't really run as well, and it's not really that playable since I keep getting map bugs, and it kinda breaks the flow to see your attacks or enemy attacks with a huge black background.

I really hope we could get this fixed Smile
07-27-2013, 09:31 AM
We're so close to getting perfect P1 emulation. I can't go back to JPCSP framerates but I can't play with this problem either.