Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.75 Average
[Discussion] 60FPS patches for PSP games that run at 30FPS
03-17-2015, 07:29 AM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2015 07:39 AM by cybercjt.)
RE: 60FPS patches for PSP games that run at 30FPS
(03-17-2015 06:01 AM)GamerzHell9137 Wrote:  
(03-17-2015 02:10 AM)LunaMoo Wrote:  It is wrong, because 15 fps is an accidental result of treating in-game by code which should apply for fmv's only.
Generally comparing different things is not a way I would recommend, because without suprise they work differently. 60fps is really easy to unlock in those (like pretty much all) games if you check properly how the game works in the place of your interest(in-game) and how it's forcing the 30fps. You don't even have to use any external tools for that, ppsspp disassembly is all that's needed, here's a small proof:

And that took me like 5s just because I already knew how to do it in MHp3rd HD and they are all using same engine. But don't be too happy seeing that.

The thing is "making the game run at 60 fps" is NOT enough to patch most games, since only a few does work properly after patching it. For example those Kingdom Hearts games which started it or Project Diva and few others, you just remove framelimiting part and voila - it works perfectly without any more work.
In most games through doing that will leave game running at double speed and we have to find a way to change the speed back which sometimes can still be easy as some games were designed for 60 fps and after limiting it to 30 they simply doubled the speed of everything by a single function like for example in Assassin's Creed or Ghost in the Shell.
Others and I think most "hunting" games are example of it, might had been designed for 30fps and don't seem to have any main function which affects speed of everything, but instead set speed of many things separately by lots of different constants scattered into many functions ~ and that is which makes it really hard/time consuming to patch fully, just as with my Toukiden Kiwami patch which still has some minor animations running at twice the speed.

It's certainly not impossible, but and I would say that for all games which doesn't have 60fps yet, if you really want it done, try to learn a bit and do it yourself. Everyone is different, try different things, have different ideas and might succeed where others already gave up.

So where do we start researching it?
I would give it a try if i knew where to start.

And maybe you could show us how you hacked Diva and those other games with frame limiting (please?) ?

Yea I'm a bit interested too, it seems like it's a bit easy for you to use the Disassembler to look for some codes... and if it's really that easy I might give it a try on other games. Cool

Chill and Go with the flow ~d[o_o]b~

@YT - youtube.com/user/SuperHack333/videos

Specs:
MDL: Dell G7 15 7590 (Laptop)
OPS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core i7-9750h @ 2.60 Ghz ~ 4.50 Ghz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6 @ 1455 Mhz ~ 1590 Mhz
RAM: Micron Tech. 8GB DDR4 @ 2666 Mhz (4x2)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 60FPS patches for PSP games that run at 30FPS - cybercjt - 03-17-2015 07:29 AM
Crash Of The Titans CW ULUS10304 - Mateus - 12-13-2021, 10:59 PM
IRON MEN ULUS10347 - Mateus - 12-18-2021, 12:18 AM