Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.6 Average
A comprehensive list of games that are only problematic on AMD/ATI graphics cards
07-22-2013, 10:01 AM
RE: A comprehensive list of games that are only problematic on AMD/ATI graphics cards
(07-21-2013 11:38 PM)solarmystic Wrote:  It was just a suggestion.

By the way, if the DX9 renderer is fully compliant to DX9.0c, you won't be able to use it either, since the X800 only supports up to DX9.0b.

(Just like how the X800XL I have on my older P4 rig can't even use the DX9 renderer in Dolphin since it uses the full DX9.0c feature set)

So, the software renderer might still be the only way to play FFIV for you.

I don't think if you are right here. DX9.0c is only required for those games which needs pixel shader 3.0 which must be supported by GPU to play those games.

Dolphin needs GPU which must support at least pixel shader 3.0 that's the reason it requires directx9.0c (Dolphin is emulator for console of different generation because of emulation of Wii)

PPSSPP only requires shader 2.0, so it should run in directx9 just like it can run in OpenGL 2.0
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A comprehensive list of games that are only problematic on AMD/ATI graphics cards - Danyal Zia - 07-22-2013 10:01 AM