Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
running another emulator inside PPSSPP
01-30-2015, 05:30 PM
running another emulator inside PPSSPP
Hello, I have a jailbroken iPad 4 running 8.1.2 and am wondering if anyone knows whether it's possible to use an emulator for the PSP like Castaway or Atari800 from within PPSSPP. I downloaded both emulators' files and copied them over my iPad's PPSSPP \PSP\GAMES directory. I can launch both emulators from within PPSSPP but they don't seem to get very far.

Atari800 just seems to hang after I launch it, and then in about 10 seconds or so crashes PPSSPP and takes me back to the iPad desktop.

Castaway launches but then never brings anything like an AtariST desktop up where I can insert games disks or anything.

Has anyone heard of any success stories running another emulator inside PPSSPP?

As you can tell I really just want to be able to play Atari 8-bit and Atari ST games on my iPad somehow. I could also go the Amiga emulation route instead of Atari ST if that's possible.

Thanks for any help!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-2015, 08:52 PM
RE: running another emulator inside PPSSPP
Moved.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
01-31-2015, 05:25 PM
Hi there, have you read this thread, maybe of interest to you.
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=2616
02-02-2015, 09:48 PM
Thanks for the list of PSP emulators, but I've already downloaded the ones I want to use (Atari800 & Castaway).

My question is whether anyone's successfully used one of the Atari 8-bit or 16-bit emulators from within PPSSPP on their iPad (or other iDevice).

For some reason there are no Atari 8 or 16-bit emulators for iOS, jailbroken or not.

Thank you.