Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Strange gaming performance in Monster Hunter 3rd HD
01-11-2015, 04:00 PM
Strange gaming performance in Monster Hunter 3rd HD
The game goes on maximum possible FPS - 30 (in all locations including the village), but sometimes the FPS drops to 26 or rises above than it should be up to 35. And this is happening no matter what happens on the screen. I can fight with a couple of big monsters and FPS will be 30 or stand and stare at the wall and the FPS will be 26.

Device - iPhone 6 iOS 8.1 jailed.
Using the latest version from the official PPSSP repository - Dev Latest v0.9.9.1-1437-g33f31b0. On all other versions including common 0.9.9.1 had the same performance as described above.

Sorry for my english , it's not my native language.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2015, 05:22 AM
RE: Strange gaming performance in Monster Hunter 3rd HD
Well in my case i get around 25-30 fps in town but at the quest maps, im pretty good with 30fps or so. What settings do you have? Mind sharing it please? Im on 6+ jb ios 8.1 as well.
01-12-2015, 07:29 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2015 07:35 PM by Vitkarus.)
(01-12-2015 05:22 AM)MNGreat Wrote:  Well in my case i get around 25-30 fps in town but at the quest maps, im pretty good with 30fps or so. What settings do you have? Mind sharing it please? Im on 6+ jb ios 8.1 as well.

I apologize for the long wait Big Grin

Of course , here are my settings:
[attachment=13432]
[attachment=13433]
[attachment=13434]
[attachment=13435]
[attachment=13436]
[attachment=13437]

And Jit is ON and debug logging is OFF.

And in this thread in my second message I write a link for a video where I demonstrate how game run on my phone:

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...#pid100687
01-13-2015, 12:48 AM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2015 12:52 AM by MNGreat.)
Ah, thank you so much! Hopefully il be playing a bit smoother now. My settings are way off than yours lol.

Btw, do you have any issues with the memory card? I get an error all the time thats why i use save states instead.

And another thing, i kinda notice that when i save state, ppsspp crashes when i move to another location or start/end a quest. Really bugs me a lot.
01-13-2015, 01:07 AM
(01-13-2015 12:48 AM)MNGreat Wrote:  (...)
Btw, do you have any issues with the memory card? I get an error all the time thats why i use save states instead.

And another thing, i kinda notice that when i save state, ppsspp crashes when i move to another location or start/end a quest. Really bugs me a lot.

If your memory card issues mean you can't save, this is likely a case of #7244, basically you can't save in some games if you loaded a savestate made before normal in-game save since it desynchronizes built-in checks some games have.

If you already suffer from this, you can either load the game normally and loose the savestate progress, or for this game use my "synchronize save" hack. After activating it(it activates just like any other cw cheat), the game should allow you to save again.
Even tiny errors with time can cause awful problems and savestates keep all the memory corruption, basically if you use savestates it's like you would never restart your game and no game can really handle that forever even on real psp, so once you will be able to save again, you should learn to load your game at least once a while normally without using savestates. Your crashes might as well be caused by some corruption already affecting savestates, althrough might as well be iOS specific, no clue about that.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
01-13-2015, 02:08 AM
Well what I did was I fixed the permissions on the PSP folder. After setting all folders to 775 everything is working perfectly. Il probably try to stay away from the save states for now. I fear that my game would corrupt or something.

As for the PSP crash, with the settings Viktarus provided so far I'm getting decent fps. But the crash is still there. But this time when I finish a quest only. Right after it saves the game, then loading screen, after the loading screen I'm back to my iOS home screen.
01-13-2015, 04:49 AM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2015 04:57 AM by Vitkarus.)
(01-13-2015 02:08 AM)MNGreat Wrote:  Well what I did was I fixed the permissions on the PSP folder. After setting all folders to 775 everything is working perfectly. Il probably try to stay away from the save states for now. I fear that my game would corrupt or something.

As for the PSP crash, with the settings Viktarus provided so far I'm getting decent fps. But the crash is still there. But this time when I finish a quest only. Right after it saves the game, then loading screen, after the loading screen I'm back to my iOS home screen.

I am glad that my settings have really helped improve performance. Big Grin Though I started this thread to find more better performance than it is, but so far without success...

And about the crash, I do not know whether it affect the settings, but with the settings that I laid out my game breaks down too in the same place, I also tried the game on Nokia X2, there crash in the same place too. It can be problem of latest builds or wrong settings at best, but at worst it can be problem of all devices that have only 1 GB of RAM, but that's just speculation on my part, I am not very good at this emulator. Tongue

And how many FPS did you now have in battles and in village?
01-13-2015, 05:41 AM
So its not just me with the crash issues.

Well, i think it increased by 2-3 in terms of fps. Within the village, i get roughly around 27-29fps. During quest runs, i get 29-32fps. No problem for me as long as i can play it as smooth as possible. Havent tried it with big monsters since i started again due to my save being corrupt and unusable. But this is good for me atleast. Next thing hopefully in the next build update would be the controller issues.