Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 3.6 Average
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
11-08-2015, 04:55 PM
RE: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
Are you sure you're using the same game region? Make sure you pulled from your same disc.

-[Unknown]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2015, 07:24 PM
(11-07-2015 04:15 PM)SamBroma Wrote:  Hello! I've recently downloaded Ppsspp for android and been playing Legend of The Heroes: Trails in the Sky (E) for about an hour. What I've noticed is that the sound disappears after playing for a while, and when I restart the game/save state and then load it, the lost audio comes back in high speed and the normal sound returns. This is happening in almost every five minutes.
Is there a solution for this?

(11-07-2015 05:45 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Try the latest git build.

-[Unknown]

Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
11-11-2015, 11:17 AM
(11-08-2015 04:55 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Are you sure you're using the same game region? Make sure you pulled from your same disc.

-[Unknown]

Yes I'm using my dumped ISO. Both are US region. Although I applied undub patch to the ISO file without having any backup left now. It was a long time ago but I remembered playing it on my psp without any problem (yes, I used a CFW to play it). Is it possible that the problem occurs on PPSSPP because of the undub patch?
11-12-2015, 02:22 AM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2015 02:22 AM by Oddnumber.)
The save icons are supposed to be black even after the prologue D:?

Btw for some reason picking options on shops makes the screen blink.
11-12-2015, 04:05 AM
(11-11-2015 11:17 AM)phelamax Wrote:  Yes I'm using my dumped ISO. Both are US region. Although I applied undub patch to the ISO file without having any backup left now. It was a long time ago but I remembered playing it on my psp without any problem (yes, I used a CFW to play it). Is it possible that the problem occurs on PPSSPP because of the undub patch?

Yes. Some patches and also CFWs would "force" the game to a different PSP firmware version, to allow you to play without upgrading (because there was no CFW yet for the version the game was made for.) Saves are actually very dependent on the firmware version the game was designed for, so if CFW "forced" this, it changes the save data.

In these cases, if you had an (unmodified) PSP and tried to load the save data, it wouldn't work. You'd get the same behavior as in PPSSPP - an error or silent return to menu, etc.

It might be possible for someone to write a tool to fix saves. Unfortunately, while it'd be nice if PPSSPP could do this itself, it has no way of detecting that the save is wrong - it still "loads", it just turns into what the game sees as garbage. We can't tell it's garbage, we can't even tell if the game accepted the save or not.

(11-12-2015 02:22 AM)Oddnumber Wrote:  The save icons are supposed to be black even after the prologue D:?

Btw for some reason picking options on shops makes the screen blink.

This sounds like you're not using buffered rendering (the game uses a buffer to create the icon), or you've got block transfers disabled (the game does a transfer from said buffer to store the icon.)

It should work with default settings, I think.

-[Unknown]
11-12-2015, 07:47 PM
Yup turning on the simulate block transfers fix everything many thanks.
11-14-2015, 09:43 PM
Anyone have a fix for crash before final boss?
01-01-2016, 11:33 PM
Actually before I post a new topic, I will try it here instead.

It seems I have a unique problem regarding XSEED-Games. They all boot up until the Start screen, but after I click on Star New Game, PPSSPP just crashes. It's with the Ys games aswell as Legend of heroes - trails in the sky. I own both games (psp version for my vita) but like to play them on the HDTV instead. I tried several versions of the game, I used EU and US regions, but nothing works.
Either the games go into a black screen, or PPSSPP just reboots, or I see the home screen of Android TV.

I use the latest ppsspp android version 1.1.1.0 on my NVidia Shield TV.
Can anybody help me with this? It really drives me nuts since all of the other games are working flawless and I'm really happy how great the emulator works.
01-02-2016, 02:09 AM
Try updating to the latest git build.

-[Unknown]
01-02-2016, 12:05 PM
Thank you!

Now all the games are loading, but Trails in the Sky still has a problem.
After the second cutszene, the girl wakes up in her bed and listens to a melody, after she gets out and the camera moves around the house, nothing happens. The game does not freeze, but there is no trigger moment - she just stands there and nothing happens. Any idea? :/
01-02-2016, 04:16 PM
Yeah, unfortunately, a change I just made broke that it seems. Still troubleshooting.

In the meantime, v1.1.1-551-g8be22f4 should work.

-[Unknown]
01-06-2016, 01:32 PM
I just beat this game using 1.1.1.

There are sound problems that appear to be the root cause of crashes. I'll try to explain them from my point of view and include workarounds that got me through the game.

Audio appears to stop randomly after most battles. The audio also appears to always stop after a scripted battle (such as with a boss or with a monster treasure chest). It doesn't happen all the time but it does happen. When audio has stopped, you may notice the following:

1) When you fight another battle, the emulator freezes or crashes after that battle (this doesn't happen all the time)
2) The emulator will freeze during a cut scene.
3) The game will be stuck on a loading screen with a character during area transitions.

Workaround
The workaround that I have found to get me through the game is savestates. When the audio stops, perform a savestate and then load that savestate. The emulator plays all the missed sounds between when the audio stopped and when you made your savestate but it will start playing sound again. This does become a pain as in dungeons, you may find yourself doing this quite a few times.

This workaround also works on the loading screens. If you get a loading screen with a character doing an action, save and load a savestate and it instantly fixed the issue for me.

If there are a lot of sounds that you have missed from when the audio stopped, your emulator will freak out with noise - don't panic.

Why does this happen?
I'm no programmer but from what I can tell, the emulator seems to have a problem loading different background music. When this fails, the emulator stops loading sounds (but I'm guessing it still records that it needs to). When you save and load a savestate, the emulator loads its queue of sounds and is able to rectify itself.

Hopefully this post helps someone who is playing the game or even the devs to apply some fixes to the sound.

The same thing appears to affect The Second Chapter as well.
01-06-2016, 02:11 PM
Update to the latest git build.

-[Unknown]
01-26-2016, 02:01 AM
Hallo, i'm new here. I just install ppsspp gold in my samsung note 5. I want to ask how do we get the latest git build?
01-26-2016, 05:28 PM
Git builds are available here Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2