Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 3.6 Average
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
03-05-2013, 09:32 AM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2013 05:38 PM by livisor.)
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
Android:
DiscID: ULUS10540
Image: -
Version: v0.6-968-g0377640 (Mar 5th)
Notes: playable (till where I tested to) speed fluctuates depending on town overall 15-60 VPS, seems to work best with buffered rendering off., screenshot(s) might of killed fps a little..

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2013, 07:14 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2013 07:14 AM by kRn_PL.)
RE: [v0.6.1] Legend of Heroes - Trails in the Sky
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlH3og5O9_8
03-13-2013, 05:50 AM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2013 07:45 AM by tom7476.)
RE: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
This game is only playable until the second fight in the sewers. If you watch the video in the above post it stops right where the game freezes. No matter what settings I use it always freezes after that battle.

Using version 0.7 on android this game is playable for about the first half hour then becomes totally unplayable as this battle is part of the tutorial and cant be skipped.
03-16-2013, 06:55 PM
I believe I found a temporary work around to this problem until the emulator is fixed to get past this problem. What is happening in this tutorial is that the characters always attack in the same order if you follow the tutorial and Estelle makes the last kill. You can not allow Estelle to ever make the last kill in a battle. You can get past this battle and any other by having Joshua make the last kill.

I have gotten past the first small dungeon rescuing the kids and grinded a bit in the next area and it never freezes after battle as long as Joshua makes the last kill. It must have something to do with Estelles celebration animation screwing up the emulator. Will have to update what happens when I get more party members. Hopefully they aren't glitched too. Hate to have to play this long game making Joshua make the last kill every battle.
03-19-2013, 09:42 PM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2013 09:42 PM by Gameguy95.)
Using the build from cydia.myrepospace.com/theavenger (0.7-145) on my iphone 4, i can load the games menu but after the opening scene with people talking I'm never allowed to do anything. It freezes.
04-22-2013, 10:25 PM
I get a strange graphical glitch almost right off the bat when I start the game, it goes black then some of the screen starts flashing with a strange pink outline. Does anyone know how to take screencaps on android?
04-23-2013, 12:21 AM
That's it trying (and failing) to play a video.

-[Unknown]
04-23-2013, 02:59 AM
Im slowly working my way through this game and have just started chapter 4. At that point you have had several more party members and none have the problem that Estelle still has. I have tried alot of the nightly builds and none of them have fixed the problem with Estelle freezing the game if she gets the last kill. While irritating its not game breaking.

So as of 0.7.6 the biggest problem is Estelle getting the last kill causes the game to get stuck on a black screen after battle. Minor things, you cant see what is highlighted in the menus.... and thats about all I can think of. And since there is only one non essential movie in the beginning of this game its the perfect game to play on this emu. Almost perfect.
05-04-2013, 07:58 PM
v0.7.6-396-ga0e6917 Windows x86 version tested.

The problem that tom7476 mentions above is still there (stuck at black screen if Estelle gets the final kill, just like at the 2nd battle in the tutorial). Thankfully avoidable by making sure Estelle still doesn't get the last kill.

Buttons are somewhat fixed though, thanks Unknown! Big Grin

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
05-08-2013, 09:36 AM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2013 09:37 AM by tom7476.)
I finished this game today. Played it on my samsung galaxy note II. My final save was over 42 hours. I did most of the sidequest but not all. I used alot of different builds during the time I spent playing this game.

With the latest builds the problem with Estelle is still there but no other party members have this same problem. The menus are now highlighted correctly. I played with buffered rendering off to get a solid 60vps all the time, but ran into some odd spots where text boxes wouldnt show up unless buffered rendering was turned on. They were few and far between but one of them was during the ending when the plot twist is being explained. So this game is fully playable and can be completed.

Thanks for the hard work on the emu. Cant wait for final fantasy IV complete collection to work.
05-11-2013, 07:58 AM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2013 07:59 AM by Lukefonfabre.)
can this game change nickname?
after the boy talk with estele with his father in the room,im sure we have a choice to put name.
but i got purple screen instead...
any fix for this..?
05-11-2013, 08:11 AM
(05-11-2013 07:58 AM)Lukefonfabre Wrote:  can this game change nickname?
after the boy talk with estele with his father in the room,im sure we have a choice to put name.
any fix for this..?

Purple screens in Trails in the Sky = FMV is supposed to be playing.

Got to wait until they get videos working in PPSSPP first.

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
05-11-2013, 12:39 PM
(05-11-2013 07:58 AM)Lukefonfabre Wrote:  can this game change nickname?
any fix for this..?

No you can not change their names in this game. The part you are talking about there is supposed to be a movie playing. Its the only one in the game and isnt really important. You can watch it on youtube if you want to see it. Also if you turn off media engine you wont get that purple screen it will just skip past it.
05-11-2013, 07:26 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2013 07:33 PM by Lukefonfabre.)
(05-11-2013 12:39 PM)tom7476 Wrote:  No you can not change their names in this game. The part you are talking about there is supposed to be a movie playing. Its the only one in the game and isnt really important. You can watch it on youtube if you want to see it. Also if you turn off media engine you wont get that purple screen it will just skip past it.

ohhh so it was movie..thankss got it now..

(05-11-2013 08:11 AM)solarmystic Wrote:  Purple screens in Trails in the Sky = FMV is supposed to be playing.

Got to wait until they get videos working in PPSSPP first.

ooo,yeah thanks for the help..i got it wrong. i think it was the time i put my name in there..
so it was really FMV..
cant wait psp with video function.. Big Grin
05-22-2013, 07:05 PM
When I start this game on my tablet running android Everything is black except the characters, food on the table and a fire in the back.