Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New releases on Playbook
07-24-2014, 12:13 PM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2014 12:14 PM by linkuan64.)
Question New releases on Playbook
Well... Hi. I have a BB Playbook and know that it can't run above the 0.7.4 version. So, my question is, if I install the beta of the BB10 firmware, Will it both install and run?

Sorry for my english, i'm latino..Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-29-2014, 07:05 PM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2014 07:05 PM by xsacha.)
RE: New releases on Playbook
Well, no. It's compiled for OS10.2. The beta is OS10.0.

You'd need to compile PPSSPP using the OS10 Beta SDK (which should technically work).

However, the OS10 beta is *extremely* buggy on Playbook.
09-24-2014, 11:34 AM
Hey xsacha sorry to revive this once more.

I know that 0.7.4 is the last build for Playbook (and I'm fine with that), except for one thing, this build creates a read-only folder (the PSP SaveData folder) which really limits the amount of games you can play as the installer fails 9/10 times and we could easily copy the data across for a few games which would work.

Could this please be looked at ? I really don't need a newer version this version is fine, just a way to be able to copy to and from that folder, as now I have a 800mb (failed install) bin file stuck in a folder that I can do nothing about.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this if you do Smile

Kind Regards
09-25-2014, 06:22 AM
OK, to fix the file permissions issue, I had to modify a line in native/Common/FileUtil.cpp

#ifdef BLACKBERRY
if (mkdir(path.c_str(), 0775) == 0)
#else
if (mkdir(path.c_str(), 0755) == 0)
#endif

If you have the Playbook SDK, you can check out version 0.7.4, make this change and compile.
Otherwise I will find some time to download the Playbook SDK. It would help if you could find a download for this still available somewhere.

Smile
09-25-2014, 04:54 PM
IMHO 775 ought to be fine for everyone. Android might even start requiring this same sort of change at some point.

On Linux, it'd only be a "problem" if you were in let's say "staff" as your primary group and had another person who commonly used the computer and liked to muck with your personal files. Not sure that's a high risk, heh.

-[Unknown]