Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 4.31 Average
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable
09-14-2013, 02:46 PM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2013 05:18 AM by gradd.)
RE: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3
ola! this is my first post, ive been following ppsspp since v8.0 and this is my first game for psp. ive reached tartarus peak without problem except the 4th block where ppsspp crashes alot so i just run up the stairs to skip most part of it including quests that could only be obtain in that floors. v9.1 is indeed a huge improvement over the past build. no lags except for casting some spells like megidolaon (if i spelled it correctly) theres major sound skipping but the gameplay was almost perfect! thank you henrik. i wish i could support your work but im just a student. Sad

[Image: dKx4DmW.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-16-2013, 01:15 AM
(09-06-2013 09:54 PM)Ethan Wrote:  Not sure if anyone reported this yet (too lazy to read 22 pages), but transfered clear data freezes the game when loading.

Am using latest build from download page.

i've tried ported a clear data from the psp that i've used and running it didn't make it crashed..

see if the codes of the game is the same. in case that the gamecodes is not the same. (USA/JP Version Codes)
09-16-2013, 01:18 AM (This post was last modified: 09-16-2013 01:22 AM by Ethan.)
It's english on both, and it worked fine in google play build of 0.8.1 before the 0.9.1 update.

Save folder includes:

ICON0.PNG
P3PSAVE.BIN
PARAM.SFO
PIC1.PNG
09-16-2013, 02:26 AM
I just tried with the latest dev build for windows and a clear game file from gamefaqs and it worked fine. So I would recommend trying with the latest build found here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/

If that doesn't work you could try loading the save in 0.8.1 saving in a new slot and then trying to loading it on 0.9.1
09-17-2013, 08:51 AM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2013 09:31 AM by Ethan.)
O.o apparently English text does not always mean English version. I must have had translated japanese version. Game loads fine after getting new copy of U.S. version.
09-17-2013, 09:08 AM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2013 09:08 AM by Tabman.)
Ethan, I would advice you to quickly edit (or better delete) your post before a moderator will notice it.
Piracy talk will get you into hot water very quickly.

I'm sorry, but I can't constantly keep an eye on all the game compatibility threads I started.
Please send a Private Message if you need some more information.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-18-2013, 04:04 AM
hi guys, i'm newbie. yesterday, i just downloaded ppsspp v0.9.1 to play P3P and i have a problem. I can't play this game! when i load file iso, the screen turn in black and nothing happens. I download v0.6, v0.6.1 to get asset but still not work. Can you help me? T.T
my english is not good, so i can't read all of this, so i hope don't make you bother. Thanks and sorry for that
09-18-2013, 07:44 AM
yami259,
without more info I can only advice you to download the latest version of ppsspp from here:
http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/
unzip the file into a convenient place and just start the ppsspp exe. Persona 3 should work with the default setting.

If that doesn't help, we need a bit more info:
What version of persona 3 do you have (EUR, USA or maybe Japan?)
Your operating system (windows 7 or 8, 32bit or 64bit, or maybe Android?)
Info about your computer (cpu, ram, graphics card)

And especially, why would you need the assets from 0.6???

I'm sorry, but I can't constantly keep an eye on all the game compatibility threads I started.
Please send a Private Message if you need some more information.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-18-2013, 02:56 PM
(09-18-2013 07:44 AM)Tabman Wrote:  yami259,
without more info I can only advice you to download the latest version of ppsspp from here:
http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/
unzip the file into a convenient place and just start the ppsspp exe. Persona 3 should work with the default setting.

If that doesn't help, we need a bit more info:
What version of persona 3 do you have (EUR, USA or maybe Japan?)
Your operating system (windows 7 or 8, 32bit or 64bit, or maybe Android?)
Info about your computer (cpu, ram, graphics card)

And especially, why would you need the assets from 0.6???

i downloaded lastest version and it's still not work. It's still black and can't go into game (without sound too!)
My P3P is download with the name ULUS-10512, and it's USA RELEASED PSP GAMES.
i use winXP 32 bit, with Pen D 2.66GHz (2CPUs), NDIVIA geforce 9400gt 1gb. I can play God of war chains, but with a little slow, so i think i can play P3P T.T
Thanks for the help

p/s: i read in the page before, they said try to v0.6, and use assets of v0.6.1, well, but the not work, too
09-18-2013, 03:19 PM
If it's crashing when the butterfly gos across the screen after starting a new game then try turning buffered rendering off. It might just be a quark of my extremely old graphics card but after that it works fine for me. Other than that make sure you are extracting the new version of ppsspp into its own folder and make sure to download the atrac3+ plugin from the GAME SETTINGS>Sound options to here sound in game.
09-18-2013, 11:07 PM
I was playing p3p before atrac3+, make sure buffered rendering is on. Settings > Graphics > Rendering > Buffered Rendering. It's usually on by default, but it doesn't hurt to double check.
09-19-2013, 01:27 AM
my buffered rendering is off. I can't go into new game, too. I just load file iso, and it's become black screen and nothing happens.
09-19-2013, 01:30 AM
(09-19-2013 01:27 AM)yami259 Wrote:  my buffered rendering is off. I can't go into new game, too. I just load file iso, and it's become black screen and nothing happens.

Then try turn buffered rendering on?

I worse write english so take easy on me
(even my own language realy bad T_T)

Rig to test now :
Windows 8 64 bit (Laptop)
Intel® Core™ i3-3110M (2.4GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
09-19-2013, 05:30 AM
New here, figured this would be the best place to post since I haven't found a solution elsewhere.

I've been able to play just fine all the way up until 11/09 in game, after class, I get a black screen with just music.

I'm running version 0.9.1-816, and have already tried the latest version. Unfortuneately, I run into the same issue.
I've attempted toggling all the options in PPSSPP, to no avail. Any help would be amazing.
09-19-2013, 04:15 PM
(09-19-2013 01:30 AM)Ritori Wrote:  
(09-19-2013 01:27 AM)yami259 Wrote:  my buffered rendering is off. I can't go into new game, too. I just load file iso, and it's become black screen and nothing happens.

Then try turn buffered rendering on?

yeah!...
...that's not work, too Smile) i'm really dissapointed. I can't play P3P, that terrible Sad(