Thread Rating:
  • 11 Votes - 4.64 Average
Custom PPSSPP shaders
08-29-2014, 01:38 PM
RE: Custom PPSSPP shaders
(08-29-2014 09:56 AM)LunaMoo Wrote:  @brujo55 never used this shader, but if you mean wider edges, then I don't think it's possible with that shader. However maybe if you apply the outline to more things it might visually make them more visible, you can increase value of "d" which will detect smaller color differences as edges to do that. Just don't increase it too high, or even gradients inside textures will get detected as edges:]. Also if the game get's too dark from doing so, you might also increase the "0.25" on the end after gl_FragColor to make it brighter.

Thanks bro.very usefull.looks better now.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2014, 02:28 AM
can you make a bloom + FXAA / SMAA preset ?
09-07-2014, 12:11 AM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2014 12:23 AM by lumune.)
I loved the MikuBloom preset in the OP, LunaMoo you did a great job. However, i realized it was a bit dark in some games so i've edited it a bit and toned the bloom down as well.
These shaders use FXAA + Bloom + MikuBloom (with Brightness Increased) and i've also made an optional one with FXAA + Bloom + MikuBloom (Brightness Increased) + Sharpen. Felt like i was playing Dreamcast or PS2 on an old CRT TV, that's alright with meBig Grin
I really tried to make one with FXAA + Bloom + MikuBloom (Brightness Increased) + Radial Blur specially for Burnout Legends (so it would be more like B3:Takedown) but i absolutely couldn't get the Radial Blur code to work. If somebody could lend me a hand i would be grateful.

Here's the end result: my shaders
Thanks again LunaMoo.

Full shader comparison between 2D and 3D games: Here.

Gran Turismo

[Image: xET4FP.jpg][Image: bEobzM.jpg][Image: 91Yc75.jpg][Image: seuyft.jpg][Image: PEfyqT.jpg][Image: pgfM8w.jpg]
­     ­     ­     ­     ­     OFF     ­     ­     ­     ­          ­     ­     ­     ­   MikuBloom     ­     ­     ­     ­          ­     ­      lumuneSharpen     ­     ­     ­     ­          ­     ­ lumuneNatural     ­     ­     ­     ­          ­     ­     ­ FXAA     ­     ­     ­     ­          ­     ­     ­     ­     Bloom

Ikkitousen XROSS IMPACT

[Image: 2DBWin.jpg][Image: brmm0x.jpg][Image: liZzOO.jpg][Image: EeDiGV.jpg][Image: gx25ot.jpg][Image: 488fJd.jpg]
     ­     ­     ­     ­     OFF     ­     ­     ­     ­          ­     ­     ­     ­   MikuBloom     ­     ­     ­     ­          ­     ­      lumuneSharpen     ­     ­     ­     ­          ­     ­ lumuneNatural     ­     ­     ­     ­          ­     ­     ­ FXAA     ­     ­     ­     ­          ­     ­     ­     ­     Bloom
09-11-2014, 07:57 AM
Can it work on android ? If can not ,how to modify it ? Thanks.
09-13-2014, 04:17 AM
(09-01-2014 02:28 AM)XenoMonado Wrote:  can you make a bloom + FXAA / SMAA preset ?

I also second this. Some one put up SMAA in GLSL code

https://github.com/vispy/experimental/bl.../smaa.glsl

But I don't know how to add it to PPSSPP Huh
If our custom shader programmers can add it with bloom and natural colors I will be a happy man Big Grin
09-22-2014, 08:57 AM
Can someone make a Natural Color + Bloom shader? There's one with FXAA but it makes it worse.
09-23-2014, 05:17 PM
I like the default Natural Colors packed with the emulator, but I also like FXAA. Did someone combine both those?
09-27-2014, 12:00 AM
(09-23-2014 05:17 PM)Crimsonchaos01 Wrote:  I like the default Natural Colors packed with the emulator, but I also like FXAA. Did someone combine both those?

Well there's one like that but with bloom too on 10th page.
09-28-2014, 01:56 AM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2014 01:57 AM by GamerzHell9137.)
(09-23-2014 05:17 PM)Crimsonchaos01 Wrote:  I like the default Natural Colors packed with the emulator, but I also like FXAA. Did someone combine both those?

I've found a way to make a custom one by editing some things.
Download the shaders pack from the first page.
Open Luna.vsh in notepad and ur gonna see lots of things u can change like the Bloom,FXAA and Natural Colors.
You can easily disable and enable them by changing the 0 to 1 and you can change how strong/weak are the colors and the bloom are gonna be.
Just open the luna.vsh and ur gonna see how its easy to edit it.

Now i made MH look pretty nice on my PC
[Image: 0161bea3a6.png]
10-24-2014, 08:54 PM
I hope Direct3D backend can use post-processing ._.
10-25-2014, 02:56 AM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2014 03:39 AM by RamzaBrave.)
Can anyone hook up a scanline filter that just adds scanlines? The included one changes the colors and makes the screen darker (more than just caused by scanlines). Or perhaps tell me how to customize it? I tried to customize it myself but failed (as I don't really know what I'm doing). I like the sharper look caused by scanlines, but hate the darkening/blooming/color changing effect going on here.

Thanks a lot

ps sorry if this is posted somewhere else, I could not find it anywhere.

@GamerzHell9137 Can you give us a breakdown of what settings you used? Looks nice Smile

Edit: Now after messing around with that custom Luna shader, I wish I could some how ADD scanlines to that. The color + slight bloom is sweet looking
11-10-2014, 11:35 AM
Just an question

Can PPSSPP run two shader at the same time ?

example aa_color & vegnett color ?
11-29-2014, 09:18 PM
Have you good shaders for the 2d games?
11-30-2014, 11:54 PM
I do not know if this will be useful for someone, but I will provide a shader with small modifications by me, based on shader PPSSPP_FX.
I hope you all enjoy it

Attached File(s)
.zip  Natural Mod.zip (Size: 9.97 KB / Downloads: 773)
01-06-2015, 03:49 AM
(11-30-2014 11:54 PM)Mikerabis Wrote:  I do not know if this will be useful for someone, but I will provide a shader with small modifications by me, based on shader PPSSPP_FX.
I hope you all enjoy it

Screenshot please. Angel