Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to map controls to mouse?
08-21-2014, 11:23 PM
How to map controls to mouse?
I want to map the X,[],O, and Triangle buttons to the moues x/y axis because I am playing MGS Peace Walker, and gameplay would be much improved if I could play it like a PC Shooter.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-22-2014, 09:32 AM
RE: How to map controls to mouse?
you cant unless someone make a special build that able you to do so

Old laptop: Lenovo G458
AMD/ATI Radeon HD 7310 | 1366x768@60Hz | APU E1-1200 Dual Core | 2.5 GB DDR3 400MHz | Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit

New laptop: Lenovo ideapad 100
Nvidia Geforce 920M 2GB / Intel HD Graphics 5500 | 1366x768@60Hz | Intel Core i3-5005U 2GB | 2GB DDR3 2000MHz | Window 10 Home 64-bit
08-22-2014, 04:29 PM
You can't at this current time. The only thing you can bind to on a mouse is the right mouse button.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
08-23-2014, 01:36 PM
Can camera controls be mapped to mouse movements successfully?
And i don't necessarily mean using PPSSPP to achieve this.
Something along the lines of (moving the mouse right = holding right button until mouse stops).
From what i tried Autohotkey doesn't work for some reason, and AltController is just ... no.
08-23-2014, 09:52 PM
http://lists.thedatalist.com/pages/Mouse..._Tools.htm

Try AntiMicro graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad/controller.
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=12513
or http://www.x360ce.com
08-23-2014, 10:17 PM
^Yes, i know about these tools, and the only one from the list that can do what i want is "Autohotkey", which i already mentioned in my post.

I used a script in this tool that achieves this conversion, but had insane amount of sensitivity. One tiny stroke puts the camera in tornado mode.

So yeah, no luck.
08-24-2014, 05:10 AM
(08-23-2014 10:17 PM)astroprogs Wrote:  ^Yes, i know about these tools, and the only one from the list that can do what i want is "Autohotkey", which i already mentioned in my post.

I used a script in this tool that achieves this conversion, but had insane amount of sensitivity. One tiny stroke puts the camera in tornado mode.

So yeah, no luck.

i dont know if you realize but you wont get smooth camera movement

if you get mouse to work as camera even soft moving mouse for example up will move your camera with same speed as when you would press triangle on psp

same effect if you move mouse fast

so in other words no matter will you move mouse fast or slow camera will move with same speed so thing about it
is it worth your time

only option i see for you is find program that when you move mouse - it wont press and hold button - but will rapidly start pressing it with frequency getting higher with speed of ur mouse

i hope you understand what i mean

Try AntiMicro graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad/controller.
08-24-2014, 05:05 PM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2014 05:13 PM by astroprogs.)
(08-24-2014 05:10 AM)ZeroX4 Wrote:  i dont know if you realize but you wont get smooth camera movement

if you get mouse to work as camera even soft moving mouse for example up will move your camera with same speed as when you would press triangle on psp

same effect if you move mouse fast

so in other words no matter will you move mouse fast or slow camera will move with same speed so thing about it
is it worth your time
I can't belive i didn't realize this.
The script have 2 states only: 1)mouse moving. 2)mouse not moving. It doesn't take speed into consideration because it just holds the button.
Yeah i can see why it had this huge sensitivity it did.

(08-24-2014 05:10 AM)ZeroX4 Wrote:  only option i see for you is find program that when you move mouse - it wont press and hold button - but will rapidly start pressing it with frequency getting higher with speed of ur mouse

i hope you understand what i mean
I tried just that, and as you said it wasn't smooth. It didn't matter how much i reduced the intervals between the presses(down to 0.2s), it's always chugging.

It also doesn't help that there is some acceleration integrated into the games themselves.

I think i finally came to the conclusion that it can't be done without changing the camera's speed in the game's code itself, or by using a cheat code (is that even possible?).

Well, thanks for your help anyway.
08-24-2014, 07:34 PM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2014 07:34 PM by LunaMoo.)
Technically instead of disabling accelleration you could even find how it works and by controlling camera/cursor movement speed and synchronizing it with mouse movement speed you could emulate more or less proper mouse support.

However that would require a custom program to do both translate mouse movement to keyboard presses, detect mouse movement speed and edit speed in psp memory at the same time. I don't remember if lua allows key input or just reading(blah, long time since I used it;p), but if it does, on windows you could do it completely in Cheat Engine and it wouldn't really be that complicated as long as you do know lua and/or asm as well as some general idea about cheating, however it would work only for game it was made for and only on windows which sucks.

I would say it's big waste of time, especially if you would have to learn all the stuff from 0. PSP shooters are very simplified anyway, just play them with real size pad and and it'll already be much easier than on psp(and surely easier than on keyboardTongue), with a mouse it would be like cheating.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
08-25-2014, 12:38 AM
(08-24-2014 07:34 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  Technically instead of disabling accelleration you could even find how it works and by controlling camera/cursor movement speed and synchronizing it with mouse movement speed you could emulate more or less proper mouse support.

However that would require a custom program to do both translate mouse movement to keyboard presses, detect mouse movement speed and edit speed in psp memory at the same time. I don't remember if lua allows key input or just reading(blah, long time since I used it;p), but if it does, on windows you could do it completely in Cheat Engine and it wouldn't really be that complicated as long as you do know lua and/or asm as well as some general idea about cheating, however it would work only for game it was made for and only on windows which sucks.

I would say it's big waste of time, especially if you would have to learn all the stuff from 0. PSP shooters are very simplified anyway, just play them with real size pad and and it'll already be much easier than on psp(and surely easier than on keyboardTongue), with a mouse it would be like cheating.
My knowledge in Lua scripting is indeed limited (used to write scripts for APMS with it), really bad at Assembly, and i've never used Cheat Engine before.

I could try to figure something out, but this looks like something that will take more time to get up and working than what i have at the moment.

I'll pass on it for now, but it's interesting enough for me to just forget about it entirely.

Oh, and i wasn't really intending to use it just for shooters, i wanted to apply this to every game with camera control.

I was testing on GE:Burst to have a control scheme as follows:
WASD - For Movement.
Space - Jump.
M. Pointer - Moving Camera.
L. Mouse - Slash / Fire.
R. Mouse - Guard.
M. Mouse - Switch Sword/Gun Modes.
X1 - Consumables.
X2 - Menu (Moving the mouse to scroll between options - L. Mouse to select).
M. Wheel - Scroll between consumable.

All of those are really easy to do, all except for the pointer one of course.

I don't play MH, but i thought if i added Mouse controls to it too, a lot of people would be stoked (or disgusted at the notion, one or the other Tongue)
08-25-2014, 06:02 AM
Blah, I actually forgot about 1 "tiny" detail yesterday.

The idea seems easy to do in cheat engine, but actually couldn't be done at least now. To do we we have to have a way for our custom script to refresh speed value in psp memory at very high frequency, and there's actually some kind of bug with CE + PPSSPP stopping us from doing so.
Basically when CE tries to write inside PSP memory in PPSSPP with any kind of decent frequency(like below 500ms or even 1s), it quickly bugs out, start reading ??? instead of proper value, and is unable to set a value anymore at all until emulation is restarted. Not even sure if the bug exists on CE or PPSSPP side. >.<

If not that bug, from what I checked today creating a script would not take much time since CE lua implementation does allow reading/setting mouse position pressing and releasing keys, so that's easy and quick, would probably only need some simple extra app to hide mouse cursor while ppsspp goes fullscreen since CE might not be able to do it on it's own(or at least I have no clue howTongue).
However finding all required addresses, lifting game limitations(meaning a basic mips / ppsspp disassembly experience required) and fine tunning it with our mouse&screen resolution would be quite tedious ~ and those are the parts which would differ for every single game.:]

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
08-25-2014, 10:53 PM
(08-25-2014 06:02 AM)LunaMoo Wrote:  Blah, I actually forgot about 1 "tiny" detail yesterday.
I'm sure it can't be that impor-

(08-25-2014 06:02 AM)LunaMoo Wrote:  The idea seems easy to do in cheat engine, but actually couldn't be done at least now. To do we we have to have a way for our custom script to

refresh speed value in psp memory at very high frequency, and there's actually some kind of bug with CE + PPSSPP stopping us from doing so.
Basically when CE tries to write inside PSP memory in PPSSPP with any kind of decent frequency(like below 500ms or even 1s), it quickly

bugs out, start reading ??? instead of proper value, and is unable to set a value anymore at all until emulation is restarted. Not even sure if the

bug exists on CE or PPSSPP side. >.<

If not that bug, from what I checked today creating a script would not take much time since CE lua implementation does allow reading/setting

mouse position pressing and releasing keys, so that's easy and quick, would probably only need some simple extra app to hide mouse cursor

while ppsspp goes fullscreen since CE might not be able to do it on it's own(or at least I have no clue howTongue).
However finding all required addresses, lifting game limitations(meaning a basic mips / ppsspp disassembly experience required) and fine

tunning it with our mouse&screen resolution would be quite tedious ~ and those are the parts which would differ for every single game.:]
... well, that will do for my motivation.

I kept fiddling around in CE yesterday, and wow finding the addresses and changing the values for the camera movements and positions is quit the task.
I'm getting the constant feeling that this is too ambitious for my current limited knowledge of CE.

Yup, definitely gonna pass on this one for now.

The part about hiding the cursor in Fullscreen is actually really easy, and can be done in lua.
08-26-2014, 06:52 AM
im happy you did realize what i mean and i hope you will think next time before you get that kind of idea

cause trust me i many times had ideas like that and when i found a way to complete them i realized it was waist of time cause some things just wont do the trick even if ur idea seems brilliant

my only suggestion for you is buy gamepad or ask any of your friends does they have any old gamepad which they dont use anymore and could share it with you

but as i follow gamepad prices cheapest gamepad with analogs without vibration you could buy should not be more expensive than box of cigarettes

than you could use http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=12513 < AntiMicro to map camera to right analog stick OR my preferable camera set up R2 camera rotate clockwise L2 camera rotate opposite way and up and donw on right analog stick

ur choice ur time my suggestion just think what will be less time waisting and give you better benefits Smile

and btw i dont know you but dam im proud of you that you did sit there as long as it was needed to find your goal Smile i dont see many ppl like you this days

anyway GOOD LUCK Smile

08-28-2014, 06:13 AM
Sorry for the late replay, I've been very busy those last couple of days Undecided.

(08-26-2014 06:52 AM)ZeroX4 Wrote:  im happy you did realize what i mean and i hope you will think next time before you get that kind of idea

cause trust me i many times had ideas like that and when i found a way to complete them i realized it was waist of time cause some things just wont do the trick even if ur idea seems brilliant

my only suggestion for you is buy gamepad or ask any of your friends does they have any old gamepad which they dont use anymore and could share it with you

but as i follow gamepad prices cheapest gamepad with analogs without vibration you could buy should not be more expensive than box of cigarettes

than you could use http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=12513 < AntiMicro to map camera to right analog stick OR my preferable camera set up R2 camera rotate clockwise L2 camera rotate opposite way and up and donw on right analog stick

ur choice ur time my suggestion just think what will be less time waisting and give you better benefits Smile

and btw i dont know you but dam im proud of you that you did sit there as long as it was needed to find your goal Smile i dont see many ppl like you this days

anyway GOOD LUCK Smile

I know exactly how you feel about wasting time on - seemingly- brilliant ideas.
My extensively modified version of Windows XP sits there collecting digital dust.

Oh, and i already have a controller. It's the MOGA Pro.
It works on BOTH Android and Windows so it's pretty convenient.
It doesn't rumble though and the windows drivers are kinda outdated.

And i thank you very much for the nice words, i really appreciate themBlush.
08-30-2014, 08:59 AM
(08-26-2014 06:52 AM)ZeroX4 Wrote:  im happy you did realize what i mean and i hope you will think next time before you get that kind of idea

than you could use < AntiMicro to map camera to right analog stick OR my preferable camera set up R2 camera rotate clockwise L2 camera rotate opposite way and up and donw on right analog stick

anyway GOOD LUCK Smile
Well it seems like very strange way of controlling the mouse..I will definitely try it and hope it works out..