Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gonetz's Indiegogo campaign, to make a new N64 GPU plugin for emus!
08-07-2014, 11:58 AM
Gonetz's Indiegogo campaign, to make a new N64 GPU plugin for emus!
Gonetz, the co-creator of the original Glide64 plugin, has just started a campaign to raise funds that would allow him to work full-time for a couple of months on a new GPU plugin. Basically he aims for full Frame Buffer effects, Hardware-accurate LOD and Lighting, and Depth Buffer Emulation. Estimated completion date is November 2014.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/glide.../x/8379232

He's got some screens and videos that show some of that running in a custom Mupen64 build.

So if you feel like 2014 is the time to have PROPER n64 graphics in your emulator, go ahead and chip in.
And spread the word if you like the idea!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2014, 07:21 PM
RE: Gonetz's Indiegogo campaign, to make a new N64 GPU plugin for emus!
give me funds so i can sit on my ass all day lol maybe then i wouldnt have to wake up 7 o clock every mornin and the 8 to 4 graft im doin and id gladly sit onna computer and do some stuff.

S TO DA G
08-14-2014, 02:56 PM
(08-12-2014 07:21 PM)stodag Wrote:  give me funds so i can sit on my ass all day lol maybe then i wouldnt have to wake up 7 o clock every mornin and the 8 to 4 graft im doin and id gladly sit onna computer and do some stuff.

OK, just make sure it's something I'm gonna like, and we're set. And, btw, I only have like 15$ to spend, so you might also have to be sure that the other 499 people are going to want it too. Then make an indiegogo or KS campaign, and post the links here and there. It's that easy.

Just a reminder, PPSSPP gold now sits between 10000-50000 downloads, so it's not like coding emus has to be ALWAYZ FREE Wink. It's donation money, to help them continue with the work.

And as a comparison think how much money "Schtruck" made with his (very buggy) FPSE for android... he has over 200,000 dls... and I do not remember the app ever going on sale...
08-14-2014, 05:49 PM
Sorry stodag, but I don’t see any problem with these donations!! The guy is just working to make a better emulator, and yes, it demands time!! Besides that, as a gamer, I think is noble to recognize that I’ll have a better experience due the guy’s work. So, why not contribute!?

I wish him luck!!

I was an Xperia Play gamer until my dog ate my beloved phone!

Now I’m an Xperia ZL/ZQ gamer!
Quad-Core 1.5 GHZ
2GB RAM

It works better, but i miss the gamepad!! T_T'