Thread Rating:
  • 10 Votes - 3.9 Average
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
07-21-2014, 02:08 PM
RE: Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...37&page=25

Post #362....in case anyone was waiting for the coop, it works now Big Grin. I'll see for myself and report back.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-21-2014, 06:15 PM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2014 05:57 PM by Antonio1994.)
Tested right now, it works, both the coop and the versus option. Played now for 2 hours with my brother in LAN. It just has a small bug where you must delete the install data.If you dont then it hangs on some parts, at least for my EU version, and dont install neither the small, neither the large data install.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VJ9mRMR...e=youtu.be
07-24-2014, 06:39 AM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2014 04:17 PM by Nightquaker.)
Since 0.9.9, game freezes between loading times for 5 seconds or so, seems to be using frameskip at full speed when it's set to auto, which breaks the game. Freezes between loading screens is random issue in this game. It occured in some builds, in other ones it disappeared. Happened since 0.9.1.
Why is the status still in-game, though? Game is perfectly playable, gee.

My specs:
Phenom X3 8450 ~2.3GHz
PowerColor HD6850 1GB
4 gigs of DDR2-800 RAM
~400GB HDD
Windows 8.0 x64
07-24-2014, 04:32 PM
No, it's not. Peace Walker 2 cannot be killed withut cheat codes, and is a major boss.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
07-25-2014, 03:21 AM
(07-24-2014 04:32 PM)TheDax Wrote:  No, it's not. Peace Walker 2 cannot be killed withut cheat codes, and is a major boss.

Well, yes, but that's about the only issue with it right now. If not to count the derpy bloom and loading time freezes that happen in random builds.

My specs:
Phenom X3 8450 ~2.3GHz
PowerColor HD6850 1GB
4 gigs of DDR2-800 RAM
~400GB HDD
Windows 8.0 x64
07-25-2014, 11:56 PM
still ahs missing panels in cutscenes and the timer is still messed up
07-27-2014, 05:45 PM (This post was last modified: 07-27-2014 07:28 PM by Lieutenant Skully.)
Figured I would register to point out that in addition to the currently broken PW2 boss, the occasional missing element or animated panel in cutscenes, and bugged text where certain letters pop in and out randomly or don't fit the screen properly,
there still seem to be major issues with internal slowdown in the game.

First off, I'm not a programmer so I may not be 100% on target when trying to describe what I've experenced with the game, and I'm using PPSSPP on an old HTC Evo v 4g (to be exact; basically an Evo 3D).
As a comparison many games obviously run pretty slow for me--However on the latest build Little Big Planet runs almost at full speed with solid framerate while Wipeout Pure and Daxter run at a fair and very playable speed with only the occasional slowdown.
As I change my settings with these games the performance noticeably improves or degrades like you would expect it to; This doesn't happen with Peace Walker.

No matter what I do with the emulator's settings (and I believe I've tried all combos at this point) the performance stays at the exact sluggish speed which is still playable but pretty uncomfortable and with lots of slurred and distorted audio.
I can't make the game run any faster or slower than it already is right now aside from upping the rendering resolution or enabling texture scaling.

At the game's main menu the speed shows to be at 60 (100%) with a solid framerate but from the moment I load up my save or savestate everything just plummets.
Doesn't matter if I'm in a level or browsing through the motherbase menus or even the mission selector. The speed will never reach above 30 at the highest and the framerate is always half the amount. The only time I reach 100% again is
when I'm watching one of the animated cutscenes.

I know this was one of the more demanding games for the PSP but there's obviously some major underlying issues holding the game down on PPSSPP probably due to whatever trickery KP used in development that's conflicting with the emulator.
Having this game listed as "playable" probably won't mean much even when the boss fight is fixed.

Then again this is just with the android version. It probably plays perfectly fine on PC for most people where these issues are more negligible.

Also I should probably mention that there's another very annoying issue with Peace Walker right now.
For whatever reason at seemingly random times the game seems to "forget" about the installed data packages and upon loading my save it'll make me install everything again even if I've done it a dozen times now.
After installing everything the game plays like usual, and if I exit PPSSPP and immediately come back into it nothing changes.
But if I leave the game for a few days and load up my save again through the menu it acts like I've never installed anything, so it's stuck in this cycle of needlessly overwriting files that have already been installed.
08-05-2014, 08:12 AM
Hello, I just discovered this emu and I wanted to sign up to ask a question about ad-hoc. I'm facing an issue where when I try any type of ad-hoc connection in MGS, the devices don't seem to communicate. The host is never visible.

I'm running the server program, and I've tested ad-hoc connections with other games and it works. I've tried between two Windows 7 machines, a Windows 8 machine, and an Android device running 4.4. All on Wi-fi (I've tried different networks). I'm using 0.9.9 with the US version of MGSPW. I should also note that I have tried disabling fast memory, and it makes no difference.

Another detail that I'm not sure would help is that when I search for a host before hosting, and then I host, the host device shows a blank member joined, but the joining device still does not recognize the host. The server program also shows both devices connecting to "PCX001".

What am I doing wrong?
08-05-2014, 06:32 PM
I didn't test this game in any earlier builds but in v0.9.9-37-g682e1c1 it runs very well. I'm only about 12 missions into it (helicopter) so I haven't tried the peace walker people can't seem to kill.
08-06-2014, 10:22 PM
(08-05-2014 06:32 PM)AlphaKennyTime Wrote:  I didn't test this game in any earlier builds but in v0.9.9-37-g682e1c1 it runs very well. I'm only about 12 missions into it (helicopter) so I haven't tried the peace walker people can't seem to kill.

Have you tried any co-op/ad hoc gameplay? That's where I'm having an issue.
08-07-2014, 03:33 AM
This runs very quickly at full speed on the iPhone 5s . no hiccups whatsoever
08-09-2014, 05:53 PM
Wink RE: Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
(03-17-2014 03:43 PM)gr4yz0n3 Wrote:  Guys help how to get past the Torture scene I think I broke my fingers and rapid fire isn't rapid enough

God I hate QTEs whoever thought this is a good idea should be fired.

Dude if you just need to get past it (I could do it no prob on a PSP but not the emulator for some reason) use speed settings:

1 Game Settings
2 Graphics
3 Alternative Speed
--set that to like 30 to 40 percent (that plays everything in slow mo)
4 Control Mapping
5 Set "speed toggle" to a button on the controller you're not using

_____6 get to the torture scene hit the button you set for speed control and start tapping away

You should get through the zapping no prob

Good luck
08-10-2014, 07:47 PM
(08-06-2014 10:22 PM)takedown232 Wrote:  
(08-05-2014 06:32 PM)AlphaKennyTime Wrote:  I didn't test this game in any earlier builds but in v0.9.9-37-g682e1c1 it runs very well. I'm only about 12 missions into it (helicopter) so I haven't tried the peace walker people can't seem to kill.

Have you tried any co-op/ad hoc gameplay? That's where I'm having an issue.

I have nobody to play with so all I did was set the WLAN setting on and I tried to use the recruit option at mother base. I instantly got some connection error. I think I have to set something else up but I haven't read any of the multiplayer set up threads.

Anyways, I'm at the second peace walker fight everyone is talking about and I can't get past it. Near the end when I have 1 minute to kill it I've gotten it down to 2 bars but I can't finish the job. I took everyone with R&D C or above and put them into R&D no matter what their other stats were. I'm researching the LAW Rank 3 now and hopefully once that's done I'll be able to beat it.
08-14-2014, 02:36 PM
I've played through the entirety of the game up to Peace Walker battle 2 in builds 0.9.8 and now 0.9.9 on the EU version (and PC version of PPSSPP), is there really no cheat code for the EU release? Do I absolutely need to switch over to the US version to beat Peace Walker battle 2?

Right now in peace walker battle 2, I can at best cause 2 bars of damage to the boss and then its health just stops dropping any further no matter how many missiles I shoot at it, on the latest official build (0.9.9).

Otherwise I've had no issues with the game apart from random minor audio glitches and displaced text, it hasn't frozen at any points. And getting Snake to run seems to require really hard pushing of the analog stick sometimes, I'm using an Xbox360 gamepad and unless I'm fully pushing the stick, he nearly always just walks, like the sensivity or dead zone were off.
08-17-2014, 03:55 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2014 04:03 PM by AlphaKennyTime.)
So I just used an infinite ammo cheat and I couldn't drop peace walker below 2 bars just like everyone else. Is there a "kill peace walker" cheat? Undecided