Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Mac OS X - PPSSPP Application Bundle Builds
06-27-2014, 08:22 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2014 04:32 PM by slavezeo.)
Mac OS X - PPSSPP Application Bundle Builds
I compiled up a heaping helping of PPSSPP for Mac OS X. I also made it into an .app application bundle which is double clickable from within finder. I'll keep it updated every 2 or 3 days with the latest git pulls.

No need to install brew to use this, but you will need to have the SDL.framework from libsdl.org. There are instructions for installation in the SDL dmg.

Update: I also compiled the Qt version of PPSSPP. It has fullscreen and native menus. Unfortunately gamepads do not work. This is considered a very UGLY compile, so use at your own risk. You can download from the below link.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7W70A...authuser=0
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-20-2014, 03:13 AM
RE: Mac OS X - PPSSPP Application Bundle Builds
thanks for the OSX build slavezeo -- it runs really nice especially with the enhanced resolution and textures.
07-20-2014, 03:19 PM
To play full screen with the Mac OS X version of ppssppsdl just have to go to the folder with ppssppsdl. Right click ppssppsdl and choose "Show Package Contents". Then open folder "Contents" and open folder "MacOS". You'll find another ppssppsdl. Drag it to terminal and add --fullscreen

(Route to your PPSSPPSLD)/PPSSPPSDL.app/Contents/MacOS/PPSSPPSDL --fullscreen

Thanks for the OSX build slavezeo
07-20-2014, 03:56 PM
slavezeo, feel free to post instructions on how you did the packaged app build here, so that we can improve the process and make official mac builds.
07-21-2014, 02:14 AM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2014 02:31 AM by slavezeo.)
(07-20-2014 03:19 PM)kylez Wrote:  To play full screen with the Mac OS X version of ppssppsdl just have to go to the folder with ppssppsdl. Right click ppssppsdl and choose "Show Package Contents". Then open folder "Contents" and open folder "MacOS". You'll find another ppssppsdl. Drag it to terminal and add --fullscreen

(Route to your PPSSPPSLD)/PPSSPPSDL.app/Contents/MacOS/PPSSPPSDL --fullscreen

Thanks for the OSX build slavezeo

That is awesome to know. When I try to go fullscreen via the in-game option the screen goes blue and funky. AND locks up my machine's display server.

(07-20-2014 03:56 PM)Henrik Wrote:  slavezeo, feel free to post instructions on how you did the packaged app build here, so that we can improve the process and make official mac builds.

Sure thing, Henrik.

I have a janky script I wrote to build it every day. It basically builds PPSSPPSDL the same way angelXwind does. It then copies the binaries to a pre-made .app folder and makes a .dmg of it for distribution. Like i said, it's really jacked up but it works quite well.

I'll zip up and attach the script I wrote. It's mostly hardcoded to use the directory structure on my machine so it'll need to be edited.

.zip  Compile_PPSSPP new.command.zip (Size: 980 bytes / Downloads: 1085)
07-24-2014, 04:03 PM
It seems (with much rejoice) the new (0.9.9 +) of PPSSPPSDL will make a Mac app bundle after compiling it. Very Excellent.
07-28-2014, 06:10 AM
Last version working great on my iMac OOTB and full screen.
Now, I'm gonna try to connect an ouya controller (also got an usb controller, just in case...)
Thanks.
07-30-2014, 11:44 AM
Great work, thank you, could you tell me where I can find the folder for the memstick?
07-30-2014, 05:56 PM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2014 05:57 PM by kylez.)
(07-30-2014 11:44 AM)Turrican2 Wrote:  Great work, thank you, could you tell me where I can find the folder for the memstick?

It's an invisible folder. It's inside your home folder. The same folder as de Download/Public/Documents/ folder.

Something like:

/Users/_thenameofyouruser_/.config/ppsspp/PSP
07-31-2014, 04:23 AM
Thank you kylez!
08-25-2014, 10:23 PM (This post was last modified: 08-26-2014 12:19 AM by Stanton.)
@slavezeo: My Qt build keep crashing, using latest Qt5.3.1 Qt Creator.
Regular OpenGL builds though are working fine so no complaints, but wondering if you are noticing the same thing?

@kylez -- Anyway to add that to the plist as a default: I tried:
<key>ProgramArguments</key>
<array>
<string>/Applications/PPSSPPSDL.app/Contents/MacOS/PPSSPPDL</string>
<string>--fullscreen</string>
</array>
and also:
<key>Program</key>
<string>/Applications/PPSSPPSDL.app/Contents/MacOS/PPSSPPDL</string>
<key>ProgramArguments</key>
<array>
<string>--fullscreen</string>
</array>

This is just my usual way to add program arguments to services...
08-26-2014, 11:05 AM
Stanton, was there any error details with that crash?
08-26-2014, 02:09 PM
If anyone is interested, I gave up on editing the plist for FullScreen, and just wrote a quick AppleScript to handle it.
Code:
do shell script "/Applications/PPSSPPSDL.app/Contents/MacOS/PPSSPPSDL --fullscreen"
Just save as an Application, and it's a bit easier than bringing up the cli at least.
08-27-2014, 09:22 AM
This has been working pretty spectacularly on my late 2013 rMBP running 10.9.4

Thanks a lot! Looking forward to your next compile!
08-27-2014, 01:26 PM
any here can compile ios build?

Need the lates one from source

thx