Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Analog Stick is not working
07-30-2014, 01:30 AM
Analog Stick is not working
Hello everybody, so I have tried to fix this with different solutions I could come up with. My problem is that my Logitech Dual Action controller has the analog stick for psp mapped on it, it does respond, but what happens is that without touching it my character will start moving on his own into a wall, I am playing on my windows computer if that helps. Also if I press the mode button on my gamepad i and use my analog on the d-pad it is worse, thank you in advance for your help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-30-2014, 01:35 AM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2014 01:37 AM by TheDax.)
RE: Analog Stick is not working
Sounds like a deadzone problem (not enough), or a calibration problem (incorrectly calibrated). The former isn't user-adjustable in PPSSPP currently. If it's correctly calibrated (Control Panel -> search for "USB Game" -> click your controller -> properties -> Settings -> Calibrate), does this happen with other emulators like Project64, Dolphin, etc.? If it does (and you know it's correctly calibrated) happen with other emulators/programs, it's probably a hardware problem with your controller.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
07-30-2014, 01:19 PM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2014 01:54 PM by Infinite64.)
(07-30-2014 01:35 AM)TheDax Wrote:  Sounds like a deadzone problem (not enough), or a calibration problem (incorrectly calibrated). The former isn't user-adjustable in PPSSPP currently. If it's correctly calibrated (Control Panel -> search for "USB Game" -> click your controller -> properties -> Settings -> Calibrate), does this happen with other emulators like Project64, Dolphin, etc.? If it does (and you know it's correctly calibrated) happen with other emulators/programs, it's probably a hardware problem with your controller.
Ok i tried this, but there was no calibrbration setting. I did test it and it was moving just like it was in ppsspp. The weird thing is this does not happen anywhere else exepct in ppsspp, TF2, and When I tested it. It even works for my ps3.I will try to use my PS3 controller in hope that, that would work.

Ok I got my ps3 controller working, so it had to been my gamepad, though I still don't know why it works on certain things oh well. Thank you for your help Dax.
07-30-2014, 02:28 PM
I dunno if you tried this yet but, once you pressed the "mode button" (the LED beside it is lit), map the controls AGAIN. (Logitech's D-pad for PSP D-pad controls and Logitech's left analog stick for PSP analog controls) Big Grin

WATCH MY MHFU GAMEPLAY VIDS AT: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBarbanium
Have I been helpful to you in any way, nya?
You can click that "+" button ▼ to raise my reputation, meow!