Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Votes - 4.07 Average
PPSSPP iOS Port
03-18-2013, 09:09 AM
RE: PPSSPP iOS Port
i asked before but no one managed to reply. is there any chance of getting the emulator to run eboots? i have tried loading one, the emulator recognizes that its a psp format but just black screen. again i dont no much about emulator coding...but is it possible?
Find all posts by this user
03-18-2013, 09:19 AM
It runs eboots.
Probably just a problem with the eboot you're trying. For example, it doesn't run signed eboots AFAIK.
03-18-2013, 09:23 AM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2013 10:23 AM by theCreed.)
(03-18-2013 09:19 AM)xsacha Wrote:  It runs eboots.
Probably just a problem with the eboot you're trying. For example, it doesn't run signed eboots AFAIK.

thanks for the reply...i dont no what AFAIK is. could you possibly tell which eboot you no that works and i can test it? theres an classic rpg i want to play (best in the world!) and playing it on the psp emulator at full speed would be amazing. i dont fancy paying £150 for it.

on a side note...i hate the J version of the game (psp version) and it doesnt seem to like alot of the games transparent images and some gifs...it also doesnt fade out between scenes.

EDIT: sorry just realized what AFAIK meant. if i converted a psx iso to eboot...would that make it unsigned?
EDIT2: been messing around with converting eboots...the ones i convert dont go to black screen...instead the emulator just crashes
03-18-2013, 12:40 PM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2013 12:43 PM by xsacha.)
All the homebrew games I have. So there's Lamecraft, for example. There's Panic Paradyz.

Emulators aren't working right now though. Neither are signed versions of apps.

What do you mean by 'converting' apps?

PSX games run in an emulator that is on the PSP. This emulator plugin is not in PPSSPP so of course there's nothing to run the game and it will crash. Don't bother trying to run PSX games. It doesn't even work very well on an actual PSP Tongue. See: http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...n=lastpost
03-18-2013, 12:43 PM
(03-18-2013 12:40 PM)xsacha Wrote:  All the homebrew games I have. So there's Lamecraft, for example. There's Panic Paradyz.

PSX games run in an emulator that is on the PSP. This emulator plugin is not in PPSSPP so of course there's nothing to run the game and it will crash. Don't bother trying to run PSX games.

oh right ok...i never really understood how it worked. Dont suppose there is any chance i could get suikoden 2 working though is there? oh and when i said converting, i meant converting a psx iso or img file to an eboot file
03-18-2013, 12:44 PM
(03-18-2013 12:43 PM)theCreed Wrote:  
(03-18-2013 12:40 PM)xsacha Wrote:  All the homebrew games I have. So there's Lamecraft, for example. There's Panic Paradyz.

PSX games run in an emulator that is on the PSP. This emulator plugin is not in PPSSPP so of course there's nothing to run the game and it will crash. Don't bother trying to run PSX games.

oh right ok...i never really understood how it worked. Dont suppose there is any chance i could get suikoden 2 working though is there? oh and when i said converting, i meant converting a psx iso or img file to an eboot file
there is a psx emulator in cydia why bother this
03-18-2013, 12:47 PM
(03-18-2013 12:44 PM)the avenger Wrote:  
(03-18-2013 12:43 PM)theCreed Wrote:  

there is a psx emulator in cydia why bother this

because the psx emulator is by zod and he hasnt updated it since ios 4. there is terrible screen tearing. there are no other psx emulators on cydia otherwise i would use that
03-18-2013, 12:54 PM
Even if PPSSPP did get PSX emulation there is not enough buttons to support all the PS1 games.

Ape escape needs two analog sticks and abes odessy needs four shoulder buttons. Those are just two examples of games that couldn't work on PPSSPP.
03-18-2013, 12:55 PM
(03-18-2013 12:54 PM)BubblegumBalloon Wrote:  Even if PPSSPP did get PSX emulation there is not enough buttons to support all the PS1 games.

Ape escape needs two analog sticks and abes odessy needs four shoulder buttons. Those are just two examples of games that couldn't work on PPSSPP.

ahhh didnt think of that, good point
03-18-2013, 01:39 PM
Hi all, this is my first post:

With latest version 0.7d Ultimate Ghost and Goblins run at 55-60fps with buffered rendering off and fastmem on. Smile! I noticed that same 3d elements are missing and sometimes virtual button became bigger and I cannot press them like they were blocked Sad! Iphone 4s is my device.
03-18-2013, 01:48 PM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2013 01:51 PM by infernoxzx.)
Often the games are virtual sticky keys.please fix this bug.
Sorry for my English.
03-18-2013, 02:04 PM
(03-18-2013 01:48 PM)infernoxzx Wrote:  Often the games are virtual sticky keys.please fix this bug.
Sorry for my English.

This is a known issue and will probably be fixed some time in the future
03-18-2013, 02:09 PM
0.7d is a fantastic update!! Great job guys! Both wipeout time trials are working at a smooth 60fps, single races have jumped upto 30ish from single digits. Crimson Gem Saga which used to be broken works pretty decent now, with 40-50fps, except the screen keeps flickering randomly. Knights in the Nightmare is FULLY fixed- no more double sprites, and 60fps in menus AND in game. Big Grin
All of this with buffered rendering off, and on a 4S.
03-18-2013, 02:38 PM
Mortal Kombat unchained works 60fps but the screen flickers.I tried with various combination of settings but nothing fixes that.
03-18-2013, 06:45 PM
On versions 0.7d sometimes sticky buttons. This problem can be solved? or is it just me? (iPhone 4)
Thread Closed