Metal Gear Acid
06-18-2013, 12:40 PM
RE: Metal Gear Acid
(06-17-2013 07:30 PM)Avastor Wrote:  Running: PPSSPP v0.7.6-1410-gfd75cc2

System: Windows 7 Home (x64-bit OS)
RAM: 8 Gb
Processor: Intel Core 7 - 860 @ 2.80 GHz
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5700

PPSSPP Settings: Everything normal, Anti-aliasing was turned on to clear the text (remove blur).

Current game-breaking bug:

Experiencing a crash with the battle of Leone (Stage 7: BRC-026). It seems just before Leone's 2nd turn PPSSPP suddenly crashes. I have tried to save state around in hopes I can reload it back once it crashes to see if I can do something else. Result: it will always crash no matter what different cards I choose / turns I wait.

Also known bugs:

+ Health bars remain solid white, regardless of damage or not. It should be white when full health, and starting to grey from right to left as you lose health.

+ When Snake finishes an area; he goes to leave through a gate, the gate will open and shut. He is supposed to run through it and it shuts behind him.

+ Snake's model during in-game mission briefing is not shown. Suddenly appears once mission starts.

+ Some card packs shown on the floor in-game not appearing. I can still collect them if I stand where they should be (specifically, in the 'Armory' stage where there is a gun turret protecting a metal cage - behind the cage door).

+ Stealth card texture not rendering properly, makes me have almost a black-textured character.

I'll continue to update as soon as Leone's crash is amended.
* Note: All bugs mentioned above I have encountered before Stage 7 *

Update: I was trying to re-create the crash so I can take a picture of approx. where it happens. Ironically, I was able to beat him and get to the next part where I have to flee. Not sure exactly what I did differently.

>> I want to bet that if Snake and Teliko are close enough (which they were the first 3 attempts I made), Leone will crash the game because he is not sure which one to hit first. The last time I did it they were on opposite ends of the area.

Separate Post:

Here is a link to my save file for Metal Gear Acid - USA. Included is the mission that crashes PPSSPP, and my save state right after I was able to beat Leone and start to flee BRC-026. If you guys need any more information about the bug, I will be happy to oblige.

http://dropcanvas.com/kl65l
(Link will expire in 14 days as of June 17; I can repost it)

New Update:

Link to Snake not going through door video has been added.

http://youtu.be/nAp4_pKUzZ8

try to report here https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-2013, 02:33 PM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2013 02:35 PM by Avastor.)
(06-18-2013 12:40 PM)brujo55 Wrote:  try to report here https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues

Added. https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/2345
06-18-2013, 06:24 PM (This post was last modified: 08-25-2013 03:25 PM by Avastor.)
New Bug: Thermal Goggles

I have tried turning off and on all settings available, problem still persists.

UPDATE: Thermal Goggles Working. Tested on ppsspp-v0.9.1-134

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

06-18-2013, 09:34 PM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2015 06:25 PM by Avastor.)
Completed update for Metal Gear Acid:

Running: The latest version of PPSSPP 1.0-55 (I will try to update this post as much as possible)

Game is playable (added confirmation for forum browsers), and I have completed it from start to finish on normal mode.

Things of note:

+ Health bars remain solid white, regardless of damage or not. It should be white when full health, and starting to grey from right to left as you lose health. Tested in 0.9.8-1243, Working normally

+ When Snake finishes an area; he goes to leave through a gate, the gate will open and shut. He is supposed to run through it and it shuts behind him. Tested in 1.0-55, Working normally

+ Snake's model during in-game mission briefing is not shown. Suddenly appears once mission starts. Tested in 1.0-55, Working normally

+ Some card packs shown on the floor in-game not appearing. I can still collect them if I stand where they should be (specifically, in the 'Armory' stage where there is a gun turret protecting a metal cage - behind the cage door). Tested in 1.0-55, Working normally

+ Stealth card texture not rendering properly, makes me have almost a black-textured character. Can someone check if this has been fixed in 9.1?[/s] Tested in 0.9.8-1243, Working normally

+ Thermal Goggles not necessary to beat 'Power Plant,' advised not to equip card.[/s] Tested in 0.9.1-134, Working normally

+ Leone crash bug when you fight him as he is brainwashed (Can be side-stepped if you keep Snake and Teliko far apart). Tested in 1.0-55, Working normally

+ Crash in intro where Teliko meets Leone, crashes in both normal and extreme mode. Tested in 1.0-55, Working normally

Have fun playing Metal Gear Ac!d.

08-22-2013, 01:30 PM
Game plays great so far, but the opening shows some odd lighting type effects on some models. Is there a solution for this yet?

08-25-2013, 03:23 PM (This post was last modified: 08-25-2013 03:27 PM by Avastor.)
(08-22-2013 01:30 PM)rkimbal45 Wrote:  Game plays great so far, but the opening shows some odd lighting type effects on some models. Is there a solution for this yet?

I believe you took this screen from the intro cut-scenes. This is the only part of the game I know of that affected like this; for the rest of the game, the models have corrected lighting.
08-26-2013, 04:09 PM
(08-25-2013 03:23 PM)Avastor Wrote:  
(08-22-2013 01:30 PM)rkimbal45 Wrote:  Game plays great so far, but the opening shows some odd lighting type effects on some models. Is there a solution for this yet?

I believe you took this screen from the intro cut-scenes. This is the only part of the game I know of that affected like this; for the rest of the game, the models have corrected lighting.

Correct, it is from the opening. Good to know that it only does it in a few spots. Any sign of a fix for it or is it likely to just be this way?
10-24-2013, 02:16 AM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2013 05:09 PM by SirMewt.)
Xperia Play (In case you're curious).

Works with I/O threading (best on deadline)
Forced 60FPS
Frameskip auto, 1 or 2
EDIT: Buffered works better than Non-Buffered now
JIT

364-1401mhz, Lupus v12
Stock Rom

Not quite full speed, but it's almost there, can't really tell until some slowdown starts. Completely playable and enjoyable though, so, yeah. Good stuff.
05-04-2014, 03:25 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
05-27-2014, 02:31 AM
(06-17-2013 07:30 PM)Avastor Wrote:  Here is a link to my save file for Metal Gear Acid - USA. Included is the mission that crashes PPSSPP, and my save state right after I was able to beat Leone and start to flee BRC-026. If you guys need any more information about the bug, I will be happy to oblige.

May you upload it anytime soon please? I just downloaded ppsspp latest version, installed MSVCR120.dll file that was missing and the game keeps stucking after the dolls cutscene in the plane.

Thanx mate Smile
05-27-2014, 06:19 AM
(05-27-2014 02:31 AM)randilon Wrote:  
(06-17-2013 07:30 PM)Avastor Wrote:  Here is a link to my save file for Metal Gear Acid - USA. Included is the mission that crashes PPSSPP, and my save state right after I was able to beat Leone and start to flee BRC-026. If you guys need any more information about the bug, I will be happy to oblige.

May you upload it anytime soon please? I just downloaded ppsspp latest version, installed MSVCR120.dll file that was missing and the game keeps stucking after the dolls cutscene in the plane.

Thanx mate Smile

That is a different bug, the game will always get stuck after the dolls cutscene on the plane if Fast Memory is enabled. Disable Fast Memory to resolve that issue for now.

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
05-30-2014, 01:10 PM
(05-27-2014 06:19 AM)solarmystic Wrote:  
(05-27-2014 02:31 AM)randilon Wrote:  

Thanx mate Smile

That is a different bug, the game will always get stuck after the dolls cutscene on the plane if Fast Memory is enabled. Disable Fast Memory to resolve that issue for now.

Fast memory disabled and this message appears: "mgs1_pack_e. pmf err". I'm beggining to think I won't finish this game.

06-04-2014, 04:53 AM
So, no one can help me? Acid series are the only one left for me to complete the whole MG universe. Sad
06-17-2014, 03:48 AM (This post was last modified: 06-17-2014 04:56 AM by Avastor.)
What part with the dolls? There are many scenes with the dolls, can you be more specific?

UPDATE: Tried testing some of the previous bugs to see if they still are active, I have updated the bug list towards the middle of this page with my findings. Fast Memory seems to be crashing the game in certain spots, best to turn it off for now.
06-25-2014, 01:57 AM
(06-17-2014 03:48 AM)Avastor Wrote:  What part with the dolls? There are many scenes with the dolls, can you be more specific?

It´s just after you finish Stage 02: Office, then comes a cutscene when Viggo tells Lena that the pilots are dead and some dolls did it; then appears the two dolls talking and thenagain Viggo and Lena.

The last image I've been able to see is this dialogue:

Lena: When I found corpses in the cockpit, I gasped with the shock. I could've sworn I smelled gas...
Vigo: Don't overdo it, now. Take a little breather.

And after that appears the black screen with the message "mgs1_pack_e. pmf err"

I've just tried everything here stated. Thanks for your time mate.