Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does this actually "boost" anything?
06-05-2014, 12:51 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2014 02:43 AM by GuilhermeGS2.)
Wink Does this actually "boost" anything?
I have an app on my Galaxy S3 (Rooted 4.4.2) called Clean Master. It has an option to "boost" game apps if I put them in a folder created through the app. I'm wondering if the app is actually useful or if it's just a way for them to advertise other apps. I'd include a screenshot but I keep getting an error saying I can't "post clickable links to this forum threads and posts." It looks like an image when I preview the post Dodgy.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2014, 06:18 AM
RE: Does this actually "boost" anything?
About your URL problem, just put your link without the "http://" and, as a moderator, I can edit your post Smile

This is an anti-spam restriction for users who have 8 posts or less Wink

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
06-05-2014, 06:29 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2014 06:45 AM by vnctdj.)
Alright thanks. I'd edit my post but this will get me closer to those 8 posts.

[Image: Screenshot_2014-06-04-18-41-05.png]

That's what the folder looks like once I open it. The 4 apps at the bottom are just advertisements. Also, every time I open a game through that folder I get a little pop up (not a notification) that reads "Game boosted by 23%." The percentage varies but it's usually around 22%-25%. I don't see a difference in performance.
06-05-2014, 06:41 AM
Done Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
06-05-2014, 06:45 AM
Maybe it aggressively tries to free up memory for the game to use or something? I don't think it will help PPSSPP much, though I guess it could depend especially for devices with not a lot of memory.

-[Unknown]
06-05-2014, 06:38 PM
As far as i know S3 have 1GB of ram so how come you have 1.4GB free? O.o or you might have S3 I9305 LTE version which has 2GB. I got the LTE version without any bloatware apps and processes running in background but even with that my free ram is 1.1GB some times under 1GB so that app might be just some fake tool or idk how the hell did you manage to run KK with so much free ram since after killing so much stuff your phone could get Sudden death so better read opponions over net abot 3rd party apps .

My sausage is your sausage just ask for it .

SGS3 LTE Octa Core 4.4.3 32GB+64
06-05-2014, 08:47 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2014 08:52 PM by AlphaKennyTime.)
(06-05-2014 06:38 PM)Homo87 Wrote:  As far as i know S3 have 1GB of ram so how come you have 1.4GB free? O.o or you might have S3 I9305 LTE version which has 2GB. I got the LTE version without any bloatware apps and processes running in background but even with that my free ram is 1.1GB some times under 1GB so that app might be just some fake tool or idk how the hell did you manage to run KK with so much free ram since after killing so much stuff your phone could get Sudden death so better read opponions over net abot 3rd party apps .

I'm rooted. I'm on Cyanogen Mod 11 and I think it gets rid of a lot of useless nonesense. I have some friends with the same phones and my phone is significantly faster than their unrooted phones. I'm not sure if it's relevant but the model is i747. According to wikipedia the international versions have 1 GB RAM and LTE versions or selected markets have 2 GB.

I recently updated to CM11 so my phone is pretty clean. That's why that page on my home screen looks so empty. I'm not using any custom themes or launchers.

EDIT: I only get 1.4GB just after rebooting my phone. It usually reads 1.3GB, but it does go down to 1.2GB or 1.1GB if my phone has been on for a while. Killing background processes (what the app is meant to do) doesn't get me back up to max (but it does help) if my phone has been on, and in use, for an extended period of time, so I just reboot my phone.
06-10-2014, 10:49 AM
clean master game boost will free up your phone memory ram and kill background app if you want to boost your games manualy reboot your device

Devices: iPad mini Wi-Fi ios 7.0.4 jailbroken,
iPhone 4s ios 7.1 JAILED.

(I accidently update my iphone 4s to ios 7.1 without checking if there's a jailbreak for 7.1)

im a filipino
06-14-2014, 02:22 PM
(06-10-2014 10:49 AM)Bread And Butter Wrote:  clean master game boost will free up your phone memory ram and kill background app if you want to boost your games manualy reboot your device

Even if I just rebooted my device it still says it "boosted" my game. The app itself is great aside from the odd folder feature. They've also added a small advertisement once a day. It comes as a small notification rather than a big pop up some sketchy apps like to use (I saw this once and instantly uninstalled the app causing it) so the folder may just be extra advertising.