Thread Rating:
  • 10 Votes - 3.9 Average
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
05-03-2014, 06:53 PM
RE: Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
The ARM version (Android, iOS) of PPSSPP currently has a bug with one of the VFPU instructions that that intro loading screen uses, so turn off the JIT until you see the first cutscene, make a savestate, then exit the game, turn the JIT back on, load the savestate, and the game should load fine after that. Also, like cherenando said, make sure WLAN is off for this game, since it uses functionality that isn't implemented, so it can cause random hangs almost anywhere.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2014, 07:17 AM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2014 07:21 AM by TheDax.)
v0.9.8-594-gfe696dc and later should fix the game hanging on the intro with the JIT on, for ARM devices. The hang is fixed on my ancient and now very low-end tablet, at least. That pretty much leaves just the final boss stage 2 battle to fix, I believe (not counting the missing multiplayer functionality)..

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
05-05-2014, 08:52 AM
Thanks a lot, boots and plays perfectly on my Shield, will test it futher
05-05-2014, 09:14 AM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2014 09:16 AM by tohid.)
Thanks for help frnds it works well and and enhanced the the game lag using auto frame skippking best app for PSP emulation

Thanks to thedax the problem exactly was with jit
05-10-2014, 10:03 PM
I Have a question, i have a EUR copy of the game, it worked very well, but since the PW II Bug, i had to search for a USA ver copy. Luckily i found one, and was able to use the CwCheat to pass throught that mission, but in the next one, PW III, when i end the mission, the emulator crashes, i swapped back to my own copy of the game and i could do that mission without problem. So my question is, does the game crash on USA ver cause its a little scratched or by other reason? 0.o

Many people Believe that Talent is about Luck, but Only a Few Know that Luck is about Talent.
05-11-2014, 06:13 PM
Hello ! Im new to the forums and i created my account just so i can know is there a way to fix a little (may be big) problem on Android.

Soo when i start up the game everything just installs fine menu is there i can make a new save and when i make it it starts the game well only the text explaining what happened about "The Boss and Big Boss etc." then goes to loading and the loading is there for ever, it doesn't end i waited even 20 minutes to see but it does nothing else.

I have tested this on Sony Xperia Tablet Z, other games work fine i have tested Monster Hunter and it runs smooth.
And PPSSPP is the newest version.

Thank you for any help that you can give me.
05-14-2014, 07:49 AM
(05-11-2014 06:13 PM)Mr.Jaffa-Cake Wrote:  Hello ! Im new to the forums and i created my account just so i can know is there a way to fix a little (may be big) problem on Android.

Soo when i start up the game everything just installs fine menu is there i can make a new save and when i make it it starts the game well only the text explaining what happened about "The Boss and Big Boss etc." then goes to loading and the loading is there for ever, it doesn't end i waited even 20 minutes to see but it does nothing else.

I have tested this on Sony Xperia Tablet Z, other games work fine i have tested Monster Hunter and it runs smooth.

Try to press START few times...
05-17-2014, 11:47 PM
In Extra Ops 041, the Last enemy seems to spawn behind a Wall, i can see it with the Sonic Eye, but it doesnt move, if i get closer to the wall i can hear shoots but none reaches me o- o ill try fulton mine it when i end researching, but is that normal?

Many people Believe that Talent is about Luck, but Only a Few Know that Luck is about Talent.
05-18-2014, 06:24 AM
(05-11-2014 06:13 PM)Mr.Jaffa-Cake Wrote:  Hello ! Im new to the forums and i created my account just so i can know is there a way to fix a little (may be big) problem on Android.

I had the same problem. Found no solution on Android directly.
So I started the game on PC, did the first quick mission, saved it, copied game saves to Android and I can play further on Android without any problems.
05-18-2014, 03:49 PM
(05-18-2014 06:24 AM)KatanaPL Wrote:  

I had the same problem. Found no solution on Android directly.
So I started the game on PC, did the first quick mission, saved it, copied game saves to Android and I can play further on Android without any problems.

One question, are you using Usa or Eur Version? I'm having a lot of problems with my usa copy, while in my eur version the only problem is Peace Walker Battle 2.

Btw both copies come with language selection screen.

05-18-2014, 04:01 PM (This post was last modified: 05-18-2014 05:49 PM by KatanaPL.)
(05-18-2014 03:49 PM)ValentineVxx Wrote:  One question, are you using Usa or Eur Version? I'm having a lot of problems with my usa copy, while in my eur version the only problem is Peace Walker Battle 2.

Btw both copies come with language selection screen.

Mine is the USA version, I have some problems as well with it, can't even finish the Contact The Sandinista Comandante mission, it freezes during the ending cutscene.
I will try to finish it on a new version of the emu in a moment.

EDIT

The USA version is fully working on PPSSPP v0.9.8-685, no freezes anymore, the only downside is that I get slowdowns to 15FPS from the original 20FPS in some situations. Maybe it can be made better by some settings, but I refuse to go lower than 2xPSP Internal Resolution Tongue I'll stick with KH: Birth By Sleep and Dissidia for now. Second - I can't bear the camera control in MGS: PW coming from PS3 version of Peace Walker. Sadly, my PS3 broke so I hoped to finish it on PSP again.
BTW, I am playing on LG G2 Cyanogenmod 11 nightly
05-22-2014, 03:15 PM (This post was last modified: 05-22-2014 03:16 PM by Antonio1994.)
(05-17-2014 11:47 PM)ValentineVxx Wrote:  In Extra Ops 041, the Last enemy seems to spawn behind a Wall, i can see it with the Sonic Eye, but it doesnt move, if i get closer to the wall i can hear shoots but none reaches me o- o ill try fulton mine it when i end researching, but is that normal?

Hm...thats odd...tried yesterday 3 times, all works normal for me....
05-23-2014, 06:58 PM
(05-22-2014 03:15 PM)Antonio1994 Wrote:  
(05-17-2014 11:47 PM)ValentineVxx Wrote:  In Extra Ops 041, the Last enemy seems to spawn behind a Wall, i can see it with the Sonic Eye, but it doesnt move, if i get closer to the wall i can hear shoots but none reaches me o- o ill try fulton mine it when i end researching, but is that normal?

Hm...thats odd...tried yesterday 3 times, all works normal for me....

I Tested again, i still got that Problem in USA version, but not in EUR one 0- o its weird, i guess i got a very very bad Usa copy

05-25-2014, 06:15 PM
Crashes on v0.9.8-750-g0ca5766 after tutorial on iPad mini Retina..
05-26-2014, 09:00 AM
(05-25-2014 06:15 PM)darrenliew96 Wrote:  Crashes on v0.9.8-750-g0ca5766 after tutorial on iPad mini Retina..

The devs are working on it, it has been reported...