Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 4.11 Average
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
03-26-2014, 06:25 AM
RE: Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
That code was reverted, because it caused sound issues in this very game, and other games.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-26-2014, 07:12 AM
(03-24-2014 10:17 PM)Accel Wrote:  GRAPHICS

Rendering mode:-
Mode: buffered rendering

Frame rate control:-
Frameskipping: off
Auto Frameskip: off(duh Tongue)
Prevent FPS From Exceeding 60: on
Alternativ Speed: Unlimited

Features:-
Postprocessing Shader: off
Fullscreen: off
Stretch To Display: on
Small Display: off

Performance:-
Rendering Resolution: auto(1:1)
Vsync: on
Mipmapping: on
Hardware Transform: on
Software Skinning: on
Vertex Cache: on
Lazy Texture Caching: on
Retain Changed Texture: on
Low Quality Splines & Bezier Curves: on

Texture Scaling:-
Upscale Level: off
Upscale Type: XBRZ
Deposterize: on

Texture Filtering:-
Anisotropic Filtering: off
Texture Filtering: auto

Hack Setting:-
Timer Hack: off
Disable Alpha Test: on
Disable Stencil Test: on
Enable Alpha Mask: on
Force Depth Write: off(cause major graphic glitches for me)
Texture Coord Speedhack: on

Skip Overlay Infomation

Debugging:-
Software Rendering: off

AUDIO

Audio:-
Enable Sound: on
Low Latency Audio: off

SYSTEM

Emulation:-
Fast Memory: off(crash the game/emulator, do you want that? no)
Multithreaded: on(off when playing The 3rd Birthday)
I/O On Thread: on
Change Emulated PSP's CPU Clock: 222
Rewind Snapshot Frequency: I dont know what this setting does, so off(0)
Atomic Audio Lock: no

DEVELOPERS TOOLS

Generals:-
Dynarec: on(off you turn this off, you are STUPID)
Show Developer Menu: off
Dump decrypted Eboot.BIN On Game Boot: on
Enable debug Logging: off
Logging Channel: ALL ON

Skip languages

Thank you for your response! Unfortunately, the problem still persists for me. I have tried multiple iso files, and multiple operating systems and still to no avail :/. v0.9.7.2
03-26-2014, 07:35 AM (This post was last modified: 03-26-2014 07:46 AM by tet666.)
Is there any way to get xbrz texture scaling to work on pc without it becoming a slideshow every few seconds?
Im running a overclocked i5 with a gtx 760 and i still can't maintain full fps with it on, it goes to ~5 fps every time a spell is used (slowdown patch is applied ofc) or any other effect is shown thunder in the first stage for example or the area transition effect before the first fight.
It runs perfect with scaling off but i would really like to use it since it makes the game look really great.
03-27-2014, 09:43 AM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2014 09:44 AM by Erquint.)
(03-26-2014 06:25 AM)TheDax Wrote:  That code ... because it caused sound ...

I see. Thanks to PPSSPP team for awesome work anyway.
I remember PSP emulators only being able to run homebrew last time I checked years before and now commercial games and ~hourly builds — that's pretty incredible.
I consider donating as soon as I get a job again.
03-28-2014, 07:03 PM
Why is this in the Playable section if everyone's complaining that it's not playable?
03-29-2014, 02:16 AM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2014 03:18 PM by triedntired929.)
Got it working pretty good except for summons and boss spells but finally got it to work.
Music is still choppy
haven't tried newer version too much settings.

using v0.9.1-g0a0377a or v9.1 is the same

everything is default!!!
buffer rendered on
60 fps on
Only need frameskip (2) and eveything works even summons..

If you are wondering about the eggs, it's because of the emulator itself
only way to get it is use Jpcsp and load your save data, walk until you get an egg

Working on Sprint Galaxy S2

I'm at marquis elmdor fight...!
03-29-2014, 07:20 PM
(03-28-2014 07:03 PM)Zyphr Wrote:  Why is this in the Playable section if everyone's complaining that it's not playable?

Read closer. Enough people got it working. That means that the emulator is capable of emulating the game to a playable degree. Any issues keeping You from playing it are caused by Your side(hardware, software environment, configuration).

There are some known bugs but it is playable if set up correctly.
03-30-2014, 06:48 AM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2014 07:18 AM by vardahoth.)
(03-24-2014 10:17 PM)Accel Wrote:  GRAPHICS

Rendering mode:-
Mode: buffered rendering

Frame rate control:-
Frameskipping: off
Auto Frameskip: off(duh Tongue)
Prevent FPS From Exceeding 60: on
Alternativ Speed: Unlimited

Features:-
Postprocessing Shader: off
Fullscreen: off
Stretch To Display: on
Small Display: off

Performance:-
Rendering Resolution: auto(1:1)
Vsync: on
Mipmapping: on
Hardware Transform: on
Software Skinning: on
Vertex Cache: on
Lazy Texture Caching: on
Retain Changed Texture: on
Low Quality Splines & Bezier Curves: on

Texture Scaling:-
Upscale Level: off
Upscale Type: XBRZ
Deposterize: on

Texture Filtering:-
Anisotropic Filtering: off
Texture Filtering: auto

Hack Setting:-
Timer Hack: off
Disable Alpha Test: on
Disable Stencil Test: on
Enable Alpha Mask: on
Force Depth Write: off(cause major graphic glitches for me)
Texture Coord Speedhack: on

Skip Overlay Infomation

Debugging:-
Software Rendering: off

AUDIO

Audio:-
Enable Sound: on
Low Latency Audio: off

SYSTEM

Emulation:-
Fast Memory: off(crash the game/emulator, do you want that? no)
Multithreaded: on(off when playing The 3rd Birthday)
I/O On Thread: on
Change Emulated PSP's CPU Clock: 222
Rewind Snapshot Frequency: I dont know what this setting does, so off(0)
Atomic Audio Lock: no

DEVELOPERS TOOLS

Generals:-
Dynarec: on(off you turn this off, you are STUPID)
Show Developer Menu: off
Dump decrypted Eboot.BIN On Game Boot: on
Enable debug Logging: off
Logging Channel: ALL ON

Skip languages
I'm using 0.9.8 for windows pc (Win7 64-bit)

I'm still experiencing problems:
1. Sounds is crackling.
2. Many black boarder problems (see screenshots).
3. Skill/Spell fps slows way down during usage in battle.
4. Character chatting in battle has a 4-10 second delay if it is not the first thing they say. (I can hear the text of the next chat bubble being displayed, but it is only after like 10 seconds, or sometimes not at all where it will show up).

I also set "Rendering Resolution" to 1x which removed the Green Texture Boarder Problem.

*Due to not being allowed to post links and the screen shots being over 500kb, I have presented as the following*

i116(dot)photobucket(dot)com/albums/o21/xXxghaleonxXx/GFXError1HandCursor_zpsb1444960.png

i116(dot)photobucket(dot)com/albums/o21/xXxghaleonxXx/GFXError2PageCursor_zpsf27e3cd5.png

This happens every time a rain drop hits the ground:
i116(dot)photobucket(dot)com/albums/o21/xXxghaleonxXx/GFXError3RainHittingGround_zpscf771f0f.png

i116(dot)photobucket(dot)com/albums/o21/xXxghaleonxXx/GFXError4MoreBlackBorders_zps616e6163.png

i116(dot)photobucket(dot)com/albums/o21/xXxghaleonxXx/GFXError5BlackMenu_zps40615b78.png

i116(dot)photobucket(dot)com/albums/o21/xXxghaleonxXx/GFXError6MoreBlackBorders_zpsb639f78e.png

i116(dot)photobucket(dot)com/albums/o21/xXxghaleonxXx/GFXError7BattlePrep_zps7c1f5c8a.png

This happens when opening a menu on the world map:
i116(dot)photobucket(dot)com/albums/o21/xXxghaleonxXx/GFXError8BlackScreenWorldMapMenu_zpsb58ef65a.png

My guess is there is a setting or a bug that is not allowing a needed layer of the game to be displayed.

My Specs:
See Attached DxDiag (Vardahoth_PC.txt)

Attached File(s)
.txt  Vardahoth_PC.txt (Size: 17.36 KB / Downloads: 336)
03-30-2014, 06:46 PM
I second your menu problem vardahoth! It seems to be a layering issue I think. I had a post earlier, but I don't think anyone knew the solution. Is this happening for everyone or just us?
03-30-2014, 07:34 PM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2014 07:59 PM by vardahoth.)
(03-30-2014 06:46 PM)Mistah Wrote:  I second your menu problem vardahoth! It seems to be a layering issue I think. I had a post earlier, but I don't think anyone knew the solution. Is this happening for everyone or just us?

Seeing as how recent these posts are, I think there is no solution (I've spent hours looking). The good news is if/when the devs of ppsspp see this bug (I think it's related to all the black boarder screenshots), they will hopefully work on a fix (they seem to be active in taking bugs and solving them). So if/when it is fixed, that should take care of that problem (and possibly the other gfx issues too).

The question is how long it takes for devs to realize it is a problem, and when they start to work on a fix.

*Off topic for devs*
There is a really good book I like called "The Clean Coder, A code of conduct for professional programming" by Robert C. Martin.

Since we are getting this software product for free, we the users can't really bicker about its bugs and defects. Having said that, I believe we are the QA testers for every version release.

Here is for the devs to read (this one is free) and a quote from the book about QA testing:
********************************************************************************​********************************************************************************​***********
"I’ve said this before, and I’ll say it again. Despite the fact that your company may have a separate QA group to test the software, it should be the goal of the development group that QA find nothing wrong.

Of course, it’s not likely that this goal will be constantly achieved. After all, when you have a group of intelligent people bound and determined to find all the wrinkles and deficits in a product, they are likely going to find some. Still, every time QA finds something the development team should react in horror. They should ask themselves how it happened and take steps to prevent it in the future.
"
********************************************************************************​********************************************************************************​***********
It would be re-assuring if we could hear from the devs they are aware of these bugs and are working to solve them.

*Back on topic*
Having said all of that, the present bugs are not making the game enjoyable for me, and I would rather wait till fixes, or not play it at all.
03-31-2014, 02:01 AM
(03-30-2014 06:46 PM)Mistah Wrote:  I second your menu problem vardahoth! It seems to be a layering issue I think. I had a post earlier, but I don't think anyone knew the solution. Is this happening for everyone or just us?

If I change "Rendering Mode" to "Read framebuffers to memory" (GPU or CPU), it fixes the menu black screen on the world map, but I am still seeing all the little black boarder issues in all the other screen shots.

I tried version 9.1 as the above poster suggested, and it is not showing up in there, but that has other major problems (like menus not even existing with a hand pointing to blank).

At this moment it looks like you can't have your cake and eat it too.
03-31-2014, 07:16 AM (This post was last modified: 03-31-2014 07:18 AM by [Unknown].)
If you want to have text appear slowly, make sure to keep "lazy texture hashing" and "vertex cache" on. You'll end up getting text pretty much right away if you turn those off, but don't worry, you can retain the problems by turning those settings (and especially "retain changed textures") on.

vardahoth, your quote is only relevant for complete things, and it's also an old style of programming that the industry in general has reacted against (this reaction is popularized by most modern, popular, websites like Facebook, etc. whose motto is "move fast and break things".) The old style was, don't release anything to QA until it's all done, even if that takes months or years.

It's true that developers should be dismayed by mistakes, but things that simply aren't done yet, or even aren't understood - I'd have no hair left and a heart problem if I reacted to those in horror every time I saw them. This is an emulator for goodness sake.

Some of the slowdowns are actual bugs in the game itself. Someone earlier said there was a patch for that.

-[Unknown]
03-31-2014, 03:19 PM
(03-31-2014 07:16 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  If you want to have text appear slowly, make sure to keep "lazy texture hashing" and "vertex cache" on. You'll end up getting text pretty much right away if you turn those off, but don't worry, you can retain the problems by turning those settings (and especially "retain changed textures") on.

vardahoth, your quote is only relevant for complete things, and it's also an old style of programming that the industry in general has reacted against (this reaction is popularized by most modern, popular, websites like Facebook, etc. whose motto is "move fast and break things".) The old style was, don't release anything to QA until it's all done, even if that takes months or years.

It's true that developers should be dismayed by mistakes, but things that simply aren't done yet, or even aren't understood - I'd have no hair left and a heart problem if I reacted to those in horror every time I saw them. This is an emulator for goodness sake.

Some of the slowdowns are actual bugs in the game itself. Someone earlier said there was a patch for that.

-[Unknown]

I found the problem, it was actually the hacks the user in the poster above saying to enable that was causing it. These 3 settings I have found no difference when they were turned on or off (except for vertex cache that I have left on).

Here is a interview vid from uncle bob about architectural design, the dangers of the current industry vs the programming industry 30+ years ago, and professionalism.
www(dot)youtube(dot)com/watch?v=OIHvp7WzuH0
04-01-2014, 11:36 PM
Tried the game out on version 0.9.8.
My fps would drop to 15 if a character throws a rock or just about any special attack.
This happened whether I had settings at default except 5x native resolution and vsync on, or if I had 1x native, vsync on, and all speed hacks on.

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
i7-860 2.8Ghz OC'd @ 3.8Ghz
2x2GB PC1600 DDR3
GTX275 1792MB
04-02-2014, 08:20 AM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2014 08:23 AM by tet666.)
(04-01-2014 11:36 PM)BloodyBonzai Wrote:  Tried the game out on version 0.9.8.
My fps would drop to 15 if a character throws a rock or just about any special attack.
This happened whether I had settings at default except 5x native resolution and vsync on, or if I had 1x native, vsync on, and all speed hacks on.

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
i7-860 2.8Ghz OC'd @ 3.8Ghz
2x2GB PC1600 DDR3
GTX275 1792MB

Have you applied the magic slowdown fix patch? hxxp://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9208.0 the one the first page is for eu version there is one for the na version too at the last page in this thread. The game also doesn't like texture scaling but it doesn't sound like that is your issue cause it would be even slower then.