Thread Rating:
  • 10 Votes - 3.9 Average
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
03-17-2014, 03:43 PM
RE: Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Guys help how to get past the Torture scene I think I broke my fingers and rapid fire isn't rapid enough

God I hate QTEs whoever thought this is a good idea should be fired.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-17-2014, 05:12 PM
Since no one answered me, i'll ask again. How do i fix the hanging issue after a mission?
03-17-2014, 06:41 PM
Make sure WLAN is off and that you're using the latest version of the emulator. 0.9.6 is ancient.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
03-17-2014, 07:53 PM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2014 08:21 PM by Matsuna.)
YESH! It worked! Thanks, man. :3
I can finally finish this game without any bugs. Very nice job with the emulator.
03-18-2014, 01:04 AM
Have fun. Smile

Regarding no bugs, you'll find the 2nd form of Peace Walker is unkillable in the emulator currently due to a bug that we don't understand completely; you'll need to either use a CWCheat to beat it on the emulator, or beat it on a PSP/Vita.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
03-19-2014, 07:57 AM
Is there a way to slow this game to a 1/3rd? I want to test something....
03-20-2014, 01:00 PM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2014 01:24 PM by cns00.)
is it possible to complete extra ops 31 in peacewalker on ppsspp
in this mission i have to collect 5 classified documents. the last document is on the roof and i need to do a jumping roll over a gap to get it

the problem is to do a roll i have to lightly tap the square button and i cant lightly tap on the keyboard Sad((((

can this mission be completed on ppsspp? is there a way?

i rolled Smile

i forgot i had to roll in the very beginning of the game in the training part. while running just double press the attack button and it will work eventually
03-20-2014, 10:16 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
03-24-2014, 01:07 AM
Still stuck on loading screen(android) Sad
03-24-2014, 11:33 AM
(03-24-2014 01:07 AM)PresidentZer0 Wrote:  Still stuck on loading screen(android) Sad

IDK, but I've read that turning of JIT helps....
03-24-2014, 12:40 PM
(03-24-2014 01:07 AM)PresidentZer0 Wrote:  Still stuck on loading screen(android) Sad

I had to disable JIT (in the developer tool section). However, I had to restart ppsspp and re-start PW from the very beginning with the JIT disabled, and only then did it get past the loading screen.
As soon as the intro cut scene started, save the state, enable JIT back and seems ok.

When the actual gameplay starts though, it was stuttering pretty bad. Wasn't playable enough for me. (Galaxy S4) Sad (Cuts scenes seems nice and smooth though.)
03-24-2014, 02:19 PM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2014 02:21 PM by Antonio1994.)
Peace walker is a on of the demanding games on ppsspp, it runs only in 20 fps in-game....experiment with other settings, disable v-sync, maybe try another render path, use native resolution, no texture scale-up....and then you can try frameskip....
03-29-2014, 03:05 AM
Question Help: Set Up Gamepad on a Mac?
Hello, I play Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker on my Macbook Pro (it works great btw, aside from minor graphical glitches) and I'm wondering if the gamepad function is supported for OS X version of PPSSPP.

In game the analog stick is used to move. When it's pushed fully your character will run, and enemies can hear your footsteps that way. But if you push it a little bit, you walk, and enemies can't hear you sneaking around. Obviously with a keyboard this is impossible, because there is no way to do that, so I need to use a gamepad.

I plugged in my PS3 controller via USB (Bluetooth is a bit of a hassle) and go to controller map, but it doesn't seem to respond when I try to bind a button to something. I checked in a different emulator, and it says the controller's working fine. Am I missing a setting somewhere, is there something I still need to set up, or what? Nothing seems to be coming up on Google.
Please help me, thanks.

Some side notes I forgot to put:
-Running OS X 10.9.2 (Maverick)
-I also have Xbox 360 and Wii controllers lying around, though I never set them up before, just the PS3 controller, I prefer to use that one.
03-29-2014, 09:20 AM
glitch in peace walker battle 2
i am using ppsspp v0.9.6-387-g5c41dd6

i reached peacewalker battle 2. i knocked her down to 3 bars of health and i was able to stop all the nuclear launches

then she entered her final nuclear launch phase. i hit her with 8 rockets and i couldnt get her to stop the launch. i thought i was doing something wrong. i did search online and i found this link:-
github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/2845 (put https:// in the beginning of link)
it seems the game itself is glitchy because you she stays stuck on 2 bars of health so u cant make her stop the launch

how do i pass this part? on which ppsspp version is this part passable?

i can also memory edit the game to pass that part. it said so in the link but i didn't understand how. can anyone plz tell me which program shall i get for the editing, which file i edit and which values i change?
03-29-2014, 11:06 AM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2014 11:11 AM by vnctdj.)
(03-29-2014 03:05 AM)Proaxel Wrote:  Hello, I play Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker on my Macbook Pro (it works great btw, aside from minor graphical glitches) and I'm wondering if the gamepad function is supported for OS X version of PPSSPP.

In game the analog stick is used to move. When it's pushed fully your character will run, and enemies can hear your footsteps that way. But if you push it a little bit, you walk, and enemies can't hear you sneaking around. Obviously with a keyboard this is impossible, because there is no way to do that, so I need to use a gamepad.

I plugged in my PS3 controller via USB (Bluetooth is a bit of a hassle) and go to controller map, but it doesn't seem to respond when I try to bind a button to something. I checked in a different emulator, and it says the controller's working fine. Am I missing a setting somewhere, is there something I still need to set up, or what? Nothing seems to be coming up on Google.
Please help me, thanks.

Some side notes I forgot to put:
-Running OS X 10.9.2 (Maverick)
-I also have Xbox 360 and Wii controllers lying around, though I never set them up before, just the PS3 controller, I prefer to use that one.

Merged.

(03-29-2014 09:20 AM)cns00 Wrote:  i am using ppsspp v0.9.6-387-g5c41dd6

i reached peacewalker battle 2. i knocked her down to 3 bars of health and i was able to stop all the nuclear launches

then she entered her final nuclear launch phase. i hit her with 8 rockets and i couldnt get her to stop the launch. i thought i was doing something wrong. i did search online and i found this link:-
github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/2845 (put https:// in the beginning of link)
it seems the game itself is glitchy because you she stays stuck on 2 bars of health so u cant make her stop the launch

how do i pass this part? on which ppsspp version is this part passable?

i can also memory edit the game to pass that part. it said so in the link but i didn't understand how. can anyone plz tell me which program shall i get for the editing, which file i edit and which values i change?

Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2