Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
12-29-2013, 11:26 AM
RE: Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
(12-28-2013 04:58 PM)TheDax Wrote:  
(12-28-2013 11:32 AM)NickGrouwen Wrote:  -snip-
one question, do i have to report game issues on this github.com site or do i post them here in the forums?

You can report them on either site, but well documented bugs on Github tend to be responded to/noticed quicker. Just search before making a new issue, or we'll close it as a duplicate, heh.
alrighty Big Grin

Hi I'm Belgian and my English is so-so. I play on desktop PC running Windows 8.1. I don't have any technical knowledge
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-31-2013, 07:58 AM
hey does the l+r button combination do anything for you guys? i can have ratchet crouch (using l+r), but not jump or throw his wrench while crouched.

Hi I'm Belgian and my English is so-so. I play on desktop PC running Windows 8.1. I don't have any technical knowledge
01-02-2014, 12:22 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2014 12:22 PM by NickGrouwen.)
oh and it does seem to crash a lot at times. when moving from one screen to another or when using save/load state. i'm on the third planet right now

01-04-2014, 08:28 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2014 08:29 PM by LethalPanda.)
On android in the play store version the game is running really smoothly with great graphics on my s3.everything is okay except in nonbuffered rendering whenever hes fighting the screen goes black for several seconds.in buffered rendering this problem is not present but there is a opaque white layer over the screen. It is hard to play the game with the whiteness.if anyone knows a solution for either problem or if the problem is fixed in any of the newer builds I would be so grateful if you could tell me.
01-05-2014, 10:44 AM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2014 10:47 AM by NickGrouwen.)
i'd just like to say that the game runs smoothly overall, almost done with it. i wrote of a little slowdown here and there in the first part of the first level, but after that you never see it again. so i guess it's not a huge issue after all
i'm talking about the USA version!

however, it does still crash a lot in between some cutscenes and auto-saving. so use save states a lot and when it crashes, just go back and skip the cutscene this time

01-07-2014, 12:26 AM
I got pretty far in ratchet and clank size matters and I really love the game but I am having a problem with PPSSPP crashing. I turned into giant clank and finished fighting the ship and got the gloves you earn when beating this challenge. Right at the end of the challenge PPSSPP crashes and says "unfortunately PPSSPP has closed". What can I do to fix this I really want to continue the game. Thanks
01-10-2014, 06:13 AM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2014 06:21 AM by NickGrouwen.)
(01-07-2014 12:26 AM)maxclaret Wrote:  I got pretty far in ratchet and clank size matters and I really love the game but I am having a problem with PPSSPP crashing. I turned into giant clank and finished fighting the ship and got the gloves you earn when beating this challenge. Right at the end of the challenge PPSSPP crashes and says "unfortunately PPSSPP has closed". What can I do to fix this I really want to continue the game. Thanks

try using save state and load state! i have this problem too but if you use save state regularly you can just load where you left off before it crashed and try again. i'm on planet challax right nowSmile just a minute ago i was at the point where i'm on planet challax and couldn't seem to start the giant clank mission but after several tries and skipping the cutscene i finally got through...so keep trying!

01-11-2014, 05:29 PM
I use save state and load state and ive tried over and over and over and the app just crashes every time I get to the cutscene no matter what I do
01-12-2014, 06:15 PM
Game is laggy like hell on adroid with buffer rendering on turning it off cause black screen while attacking what makes it unplayble at least for me would be really great to play everything without that laggy renderer :/ same goes with Daxter but there floor dissapear and cause black screen sometimes.

O hai! Testing everything Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE Android 4.3

O bai! Did you witness my power?
01-23-2014, 07:55 AM
(01-11-2014 05:29 PM)maxclaret Wrote:  I use save state and load state and ive tried over and over and over and the app just crashes every time I get to the cutscene no matter what I do
Sorry to hear that Confused Well I just finished the game (USA version)...it was fun!...there may be some problems in the first part of the first level but the rest of the game runs smoothly. Sometimes it does crash during cutscenes or during the travelling between planets...but save and load states really did work for me

01-27-2014, 12:06 PM (This post was last modified: 01-27-2014 12:07 PM by Finzy.)
Playing on Windows 7 64 bit on the latest official build (0.9.6) with AMD A8 3500M 1.5 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6740G2 1 GB, game works great and hasn't crashed for me yet. I can also play full speed with FXAA post processing and 5x XBRZ texture upscaling so that's a plus Big Grin However I'm getting the same "illumination" issue on the screen sometimes, like a bright overlay, and shadows for the characters are misplaced a few feet away from where they actually are. Is there a solution yet for this? I'm using buffered rendering since I'm assuming that's fastest and most compatible.

Sometimes I can make the bright overlay disappear by just going to the menu and then back to the game, and it seems to be level dependant, some levels work fine while others like the 2nd planet have the overlay throughout your playtime there. I think it's related to some bloom effect on objects, if I'm looking at bright objects like lights in the 1st level it seems to occur more often.

I'm also using multithreaded rendering if that changes anything.
03-31-2014, 05:59 PM
you can fix it?
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters ,I know it's the wrong section but I'd like to play it on Android, the problem is known, black screen in a few moments with no buffering, and always too clear with buffering. Come on guys I know you can do it!
03-31-2014, 06:06 PM (This post was last modified: 03-31-2014 06:11 PM by xboxmandude.)
RE: you can fix it?
I'm sorry.... I don't quite get what u mean
u get a black screen after a few moments of running the game with non buffered?
And if u run it in buffered "always too clear"?
Please explain
First what phone do u use?
Second please specify the issue u r having
Third u try checking out the game thread to see if anyone else is having this issue

Sorry about that okay so
I read the games thread and
A lot of people are having issues with it on android...
Give it a few months
In the next few updates it might get fixed
Try some of the more compatible games Smile

My specs
Redmi Note 10.
Check My Profile For Tested Games(Bio Section)
Testing multiplayer - MGS PW - God Eater - Dbz

Contact me on Twitter @BradEDias for help with ppsspp
03-31-2014, 06:16 PM (This post was last modified: 03-31-2014 06:18 PM by bassop.)
RE: you can fix it?
(03-31-2014 06:06 PM)xboxmandude Wrote:  I'm sorry.... I don't quite get what u mean
Please explain
Third u try checking out the game thread to see if anyone else is having this issue

sorry I thought that the problem was known, in the specific thread has already been discussed and should be common to all terminals Android,in non buffering mode when shooting or collect bolts the screen goes black while in buffering mode everything is fine but the screen is covered with a white patina

(03-31-2014 06:16 PM)bassop Wrote:  
(03-31-2014 06:06 PM)xboxmandude Wrote:  I'm sorry.... I don't quite get what u mean
Please explain

sorry I thought that the problem was known, in the specific thread has already been discussed and should be common to all terminals Android,in non buffering mode when shooting or collect bolts the screen goes black while in buffering mode everything is fine but the screen is covered with a white patina

great, thank you very much
03-31-2014, 07:44 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2