Thread Rating:
  • 21 Votes - 4.14 Average
Guide:- Maximizing the performance of PPSSPP on your Android/Windows device.
01-09-2014, 05:45 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2014 05:49 PM by Faviopkrk.)
RE: Guide:- Maximizing the performance of PPSSPP on your Android/Windows device.
(01-09-2014 05:26 PM)tanshi Wrote:  I'm running PPSSPP v0.9.6-338-g367a5b7 on my ipad 4 ios 7.0.1 (16 GB wifi)

and it runs great only downside is the game is always stretched full screen even when set to 1x psp ...

for some games its better the have it not stretched over the wide of the screen (especially on ipad)[maybe add 0.5x psp for ipad/tablets only]
try changing the file ppsspp.ini Add 0.5x in line (InternalResolution)I do not think it will work without modifying the source code
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2014, 08:13 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2014 08:26 PM by tanshi.)
RE: Guide:- Maximizing the performance of PPSSPP on your Android/Windows device.
Never mind ... Wrong location i was looking in

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

01-09-2014, 08:28 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2014 08:28 PM by Faviopkrk.)
(01-09-2014 08:13 PM)tanshi Wrote:  On the ios there is no ppsspp.ini file to alter

Only that shown in the attachment
in ios is ppsspp.ini in var/mobile/Documents/psp/system/
01-09-2014, 10:15 PM
Found it!

The change wouldn't stick... It only accepts wholes, 0 is the auto (1:1)
Changing it to anything doesnt do anything at all ..
It simply stays stretched in landscape no matter if i do 1/2/3/4/5x psp resolution

What i would want is in my attachment

Having it that way would greatly increase the fps for alot of games on ios (ipad) or android tablets

01-10-2014, 03:53 AM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2014 03:54 AM by mr.chya.)
what you want to change is window size not rendering resolution. here's what the performance guide says about rendering resolution:

7. Play at only 1x or 2x rendering resolution.

(Note:- Applies to both Android and Windows now since v0.9.1-752-g2745744 which seperated Window Size and Rendering Resolution.)

(Note 2:- Changing the rendering resolution will only work if Rendering Mode is set to Buffered Rendering. Non Buffered Rendering Mode will just lead to the image being displayed in your device's/window's native resolution. E.g. If your device can output 1080p, and you set it to Non-Buffered Rendering, the game will render in 1080p no matter the rendering resolution set in the options. You'll have to set it back to Buffered Rendering, and then, change the Rendering Resolution to whatever you desire.)

(TL: DR, Choose either a low rendering resolution (1xPSP or 2xPSP) coupled with Buffered Rendering Mode OR just Non-Buffered Rendering mode, and compare the performance for yourself. You can't have both Non-Buffered Rendering Mode AND the choice of your rendering resolution at the moment.)
01-10-2014, 10:07 AM
Have the rendering mode set to buffered rendering and still its fullscreen
On ios (ipad)

Like i said it doesn't matter what setting i try to get the windows size smaller it just stays fullscreen (stretched) ..

01-10-2014, 02:42 PM
Guys, here is my settings that must work well in most games:

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
01-10-2014, 03:47 PM
(01-10-2014 10:07 AM)tanshi Wrote:  Have the rendering mode set to buffered rendering and still its fullscreen
On ios (ipad)

Like i said it doesn't matter what setting i try to get the windows size smaller it just stays fullscreen (stretched) ..

Sorry I guess I wasn't very clear there, what I meant was that rendering resolution does NOT effect window size. I do not believe that you can change window size on phones or touch pads.
01-17-2014, 10:32 PM
Many Thanks for this... it helps a lot to all the newbie... Big Grin
01-18-2014, 09:46 AM
I'm running ppsspp on my iPhone 5s and it runs quite well! I tested only 2 games, Tekken 6 and ultimate ghost and goblins.
Settings: buffered rendering 2x psp res texture coord hack and auto frameskip
Tekken 6 35-40 fps
Ugng 60 fps
01-18-2014, 10:42 AM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2014 10:43 AM by tanshi.)
The new option in the latest update works perfectly and is exactly what i asked for :-)

Thanks developers for the swift solution
01-23-2014, 08:02 PM
Has anyone updated to version "0v0.9.6-548-gf53ef47?"

It just showed up for me in cydia (in the angelXwing repository) and I'm not sure if I should update or not. I know sometimes the updates actually make things worse, so I was wondering if anyone had taken the plunge and had any thoughts.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts anyone may have.
01-27-2014, 10:58 AM
Man, look at the thread title. This thread can still help ios users but that post should be in the ios forum.

Catch me if you can't catch me if you can't Cats are nice.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-15-2014, 06:13 AM
hello guys i installed the new version of ppsspp 9.7 and im only playing yugi oh tag force games i have really strong pc and whenever i play the game sometimes during the duels it runs smoothly and sometimes it becomes soo slow and the music also so slow then it goes back normal and so on can someone help me plz Sad
02-15-2014, 08:43 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2014 08:50 PM by Kristianity77.)
Not sure if this has been mentioned but thought I would sign up to this site to let people who may or may not be aware of how I go about getting MUCH higher framerates on android devices. However, this as far as im aware, requires root.

Firstly, you need a program from the play store call NoMone Resolution Changer. Install this and lower the resolution of your device (for me, i set to PSP native resolution for my JXD S7800.

This enables me pretty much on games that work to hit the full 60fps (or 30 depending on some games) with Zero frameskip set. I have uploaded 3 videos to youtube to show this. The performance increase as shown works for other android devices too. I can get max speed out of my Note 2 and also a much older android tablet.

http://youtu.be/UWWIP_mu5rc
http://youtu.be/XpDEeUlSGWw
http://youtu.be/6HbQM_2JwIM

Please note FPS counter on each video as proof. No slowdowns, no hiccups on about 20 games I've tried so far.