Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Invalid Login Packet issue.
12-23-2013, 04:26 PM (This post was last modified: 12-23-2013 04:42 PM by Nightquaker.)
Invalid Login Packet issue.
Hello there :3 Today I've tried to play MHP3rd HD with my friend and connection always dropped with Invalid Login Packet error.
We used Evolve as a VPN network, everything was configured properly. MAC addresses are different.
I've noticed that this issue is somewhat common.
Both me and my friend used the same build, which is 0.9.6-128
Can someone, please, help me with this issue?
Or, better yet, test multiplayer with me. My friend might have some of his ports not forwarded and that might be the reason.
Make sure you have MHP3rd.
If you'd want to test the multiplayer, ping me at my Skype quaker354.
Thank you :3

P.S. I used a english patch for my Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD ISO, but as I was able to connect to the server myself, it doesn't seem to affect anything. My friend used a english patched ISO too.
Here is a screenshot of the error
[Image: dc9vppH.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-23-2013, 05:13 PM (This post was last modified: 12-23-2013 05:28 PM by vnctdj.)
RE: Invalid Login Packet issue.
Edit by vnctdj : Too big useless quote removed.

I know you've configured and all stuff but... When it happened to me (Invalid Login Packet Error) it was the mac address. I usually pick the mac address from "ipconfig /all" in the cmd, but there is more than one to choose there. The only one which partially works for me is the one under the Ethernet Adapter, partially because I still can't play any quest, I just managed to enter the guild hall with a friend and thats all, after that I got kicked. I hope it helps you.
12-23-2013, 11:02 PM
(12-23-2013 05:13 PM)danielhalond Wrote:  Edit by vnctdj : Too big useless quote removed.

I know you've configured and all stuff but... When it happened to me (Invalid Login Packet Error) it was the mac address. I usually pick the mac address from "ipconfig /all" in the cmd, but there is more than one to choose there. The only one which partially works for me is the one under the Ethernet Adapter, partially because I still can't play any quest, I just managed to enter the guild hall with a friend and thats all, after that I got kicked. I hope it helps you.

Well, my real MAC address sure doesn't work... Gives me the same error.
12-23-2013, 11:51 PM
Win 8 issue afaik.
I managed to use a zip from one of the 1st posts but ofc you lose most of the new optimizations.

Win 7 64 bit
Intel Pentium B940 2 Cores 2.0 GHz
AMD Radeon HD 7470M 1 GB
8 GB RAM
-----------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505)
Qualcomm APQ8064T Snapdragon 600
Quad-core 1.9 GHz Krait 300
Adreno 320
2 GB RAM
12-24-2013, 12:04 AM (This post was last modified: 12-24-2013 12:43 AM by Nightquaker.)
(12-23-2013 11:51 PM)MeTheRebel Wrote:  Win 8 issue afaik.
I managed to use a zip from one of the 1st posts but ofc you lose most of the new optimizations.

Actually, I solved the issue.
It has nothing to do with Windows 8, by the way.
But now I get another common issue: we can connect to the guild hall, but after we embark on a quest, there is a really long loading time with following disconnect of party member...

Well, I got it to work!!
Just had to use the 25% trick and it works like a charm!
[Image: 6N1BSUH.jpg]
12-24-2013, 01:45 AM (This post was last modified: 12-24-2013 01:52 AM by MeTheRebel.)
(12-24-2013 12:04 AM)Nightquaker Wrote:  

But now I get another common issue: we can connect to the guild hall, but after we embark on a quest, there is a really long loading time with following disconnect of party member...

Well, I got it to work!!

Ehh how did you fix the issue?
Also both set alternate speed to 25% , bind the button and once you load into the quest both toggle it.
Once you load the connection should be stable.
Edit:
I didn't see the update haha
I would still be grateful if you could provide the means of fixing the issue.
Was it the mac address?

Win 7 64 bit
AMD Radeon HD 7470M 1 GB
8 GB RAM
Adreno 320
2 GB RAM
12-24-2013, 05:50 PM
Cool!

Would you mind telling us what did you to? Like a walktrough or something? Here I tried the 25% speed trick but I don't know how to use it, who uses what, what to do and everything.

Thanks!
12-24-2013, 07:44 PM (This post was last modified: 12-24-2013 07:47 PM by Nightquaker.)
(12-24-2013 01:45 AM)MeTheRebel Wrote:  
(12-24-2013 12:04 AM)Nightquaker Wrote:  

Well, I got it to work!!

Ehh how did you fix the issue?
Also both set alternate speed to 25% , bind the button and once you load into the quest both toggle it.
Once you load the connection should be stable.
Edit:
I didn't see the update haha
I would still be grateful if you could provide the means of fixing the issue.
Was it the mac address?

Yes, it was a Mac address. Everything works.
Only person, that's joining the server needs to toggle 25% fix while loading the quest.
Host doesn't need to do that (or it might just break it, I haven't tested it).

(12-24-2013 05:50 PM)danielhalond Wrote:  Cool!

Would you mind telling us what did you to? Like a walktrough or something? Here I tried the 25% speed trick but I don't know how to use it, who uses what, what to do and everything.

Thanks!

In the emulator settings, set alternative speed to 25% and bind a key to it.
After host posted a quest and you accepted it, just before departing to it, joined partner needs to toggle the alternative speed. After loading screen of the quest, desync should be fixed and party member will not be disconnected. After that, you can toggle alternate speed off.
Do that before every quest departure.

P.S. Host must not toggle the fix, only partner.

Tomorrow I might do a little video about it, but no any guarantee of it. I will have a busy day.
12-24-2013, 09:59 PM
Ah I see.
You had the packet drop error because you and your mate were using the same MAC address.
Unfortunately that's not the issue I'm facing.
I can't connect to my own local server with new versions and I guess I got my hopes up.
Oh well.

Win 7 64 bit
AMD Radeon HD 7470M 1 GB
8 GB RAM
Adreno 320
2 GB RAM
12-25-2013, 03:53 AM (This post was last modified: 12-25-2013 03:54 AM by Nightquaker.)
(12-24-2013 09:59 PM)MeTheRebel Wrote:  Ah I see.
You had the packet drop error because you and your mate were using the same MAC address.
Unfortunately that's not the issue I'm facing.
I can't connect to my own local server with new versions and I guess I got my hopes up.
Oh well.

Actually, it wasn't because of that. It's because I did put periods between MAC address numbers, as I'm used to, instead of : . Me being a idiot was the issue.

In fact, if you and your buddy will have same MAC address, you will be able to connect together, but you'll not see eachother in a hall.
12-25-2013, 06:43 AM (This post was last modified: 12-25-2013 06:49 AM by MeTheRebel.)
Oh hell yes man Big Grin
I copy pasted my MAC address from cmd.exe and it had "-" instead of ":"
Thanks for sharing your mistake which made me realise this, it works properly now.
Cheers!

Win 7 64 bit
AMD Radeon HD 7470M 1 GB
8 GB RAM
Adreno 320
2 GB RAM