Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where to contribuite for translations?
02-20-2013, 08:59 PM
Where to contribuite for translations?
I want to contribuite to PPSSPP with an italian translation, where can I?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-2013, 10:54 PM
RE: Where to contribuite for translations?
I want for Greek too! Tongue
02-20-2013, 11:24 PM
It's very difficult right now, I will try to make it easier to do translations in the future.
02-23-2013, 11:46 PM
(02-20-2013 11:24 PM)Henrik Wrote:  It's very difficult right now, I will try to make it easier to do translations in the future.
if it's something like editing the text, I can surely do it.
02-24-2013, 01:34 AM
I can like half do it, but the allignment gets messed up, yeah better wait for later.
02-24-2013, 08:45 AM
Can do a QT translation first.
Sample can see
https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/commi...76650747ba
03-04-2013, 10:34 AM
Hi, I've just discovered this wonderful emulator Smile As soon as it is possible, I could do a French translation (Emulator and website if needed)
03-04-2013, 03:07 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2013 06:42 AM by VIRGIN KLM.)
Here's my contribution then:
(revisiting)

It's not 100% full, but everything on the main UI etc is translated and acurately (I haven't translated the developer stuff yet but I guess it's not that important), I even translated HLE which I know the exact term in Greek! XD
03-04-2013, 05:13 PM
hi re greek Big Grin
03-04-2013, 05:36 PM
How to do translation? Maybe i would translation to serbian. I'm from Serbia, so i speak serbian. That's my native language. Smile So, please, can someone tell me what file should i edit to do my translation. Maybe i'll do it when i find time.

PC Specs:

GPU: AMD Radeon R9 270X 2GB GDDR5 (Sapphire Vapor-X)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1200 3.9GHz (OC)
RAM: 8GB DDR4 2400 MHz
MB: ASRock AB350 Pro4
03-04-2013, 06:07 PM
Okay for your information:

To make a translation you need:
-Qt linguist
- a copy of the ppsspp repo
- git
- a github account

Then you add the translation with qt linguist and make a pull request to the github.

If you don´t know how to do that either read some tutorials or wait till someone makes it easyer to add translations.
03-04-2013, 06:09 PM
(03-04-2013 06:07 PM)Apology11 Wrote:  Okay for your information:

-Qt linguist
- git
- a github account

Then you add the translation with qt linguist and make a pull request to the github.

If you don´t know how to do that either read some tutorials or wait till someone makes it easyer to add translations.

Then waiting it will be :-)
03-04-2013, 09:38 PM
Can someone do the translation into Portuguese of Brazil or even Portugal, it is almost like someone? I even do, but seems a bit complicated. If something involved in HTML, I even know a little.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
03-04-2013, 09:41 PM

-Qt linguist
- git
- a github account

Okay, i can download Qt linguist, i can make a github acc..
By git do u mean some rev of emulator? I have that off course.
And how to get a ppsspp repository?

PC Specs:

GPU: AMD Radeon R9 270X 2GB GDDR5 (Sapphire Vapor-X)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1200 3.9GHz (OC)
RAM: 8GB DDR4 2400 MHz
MB: ASRock AB350 Pro4
03-05-2013, 01:21 AM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2013 01:24 AM by m45t3r.)
(03-04-2013 09:41 PM)srdjan1995 Wrote:  

-Qt linguist
- git
- a github account

Okay, i can download Qt linguist, i can make a github acc..
By git do u mean some rev of emulator? I have that off course.
And how to get a ppsspp repository?

Mini-tutorial

First, you need a GitHub account. Create a account, login, go to the PPSSPP repository and fork it (click on Fork icon).

Now, if you're using Windows (if not, you can figure how to do it), download and install GitHub for Windows, login with your GitHub account and click on your profile. You will see <Your GitHub Userrname>/ppsspp. Click in Clone and wait.

After that, go to C:/Users/<Your Windows Username>/Documents/GitHub/ppsspp/Qt/languages/ and make a copy of the language file you want to base your translation (the recommended one is English since it's the original language). Open this file on Qt Linguist (that is part of Qt Creator) and make your changes.

When you finish it, go back to GitHub app and open your repo (click on the right arrow). You will see uncommited changes in blue. Click in Show, type something like "Add <Your Language> translation to Qt4 UI" on Commit Message (Required) and leave Extended Description (Optional) in blank or type a observation (like "Partial translation" if you didn't complete it). Click in Commit. You will see the Sync button with blue color, click on it and wait. It will sync your local repo with your remote repo on GitHub.

Finally, go back to your repo page on GitHub (not hrydgard), click on Pull Request, select both master repo (should be default), put something on the Pull Request message (can be the same of the commit message) and wait until Henrik or other developer merges your commit (after making sure you didn't make a mess).

It's a similar process to any changes you want to push to the emulator, but I think translation is the most easy one to start. I hope it helps.