Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.6 Average
A comprehensive list of games that are only problematic on AMD/ATI graphics cards
12-02-2013, 12:51 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2013 01:27 PM by ClaudeX.)
RE: A comprehensive list of games that are only problematic on AMD/ATI graphics cards
I keep getting random crash when play MH3. (Roughly within 10min or less and crash)
Meaning i got to keep killing Boss within 10min and save and crash again to restart..

My Graphics adapter: AMD Radeon HD 7450
Catalyst Version: 13.1 (Have upgraded to 13.4)

Tried finding a way to disable the A.I but no checkbox to disable.. Confused
Was wondering whether to downgrade it like Sarisa81 did and install with Version 11.11a though..
Any advice?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2013, 08:13 PM
RE: A comprehensive list of games that are only problematic on AMD/ATI graphics cards
@ClaudeX Do you mean MH3rd HD ver ? Cause i've got no problem with it, played at least 30 hours without a single bug.
Radeon HD 7850
Catalyst 13.9

Kyhel,
French Student
Thanks to all PPSSPP team for this amazing emulator !

Experimental PPSSPP Adhoc Support build here : http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3595&pid=59241#pid59241
Please read the whole post.
12-03-2013, 11:23 AM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2013 12:03 PM by ClaudeX.)
@Kyhel, Yes MH3rd HD ver.

Good for ya. But unfortunately not for me though.
This is the first game i got it for playing and not sure what to do next..

Edit: Well, the report keep stating of ModName: atioglxx.dll
Hmm...Does this post of mine need to be move since it's workable for other people?
12-03-2013, 10:29 PM
Shh! Dont say you downloaded...

Catch me if you can't catch me if you can't Cats are nice.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-04-2013, 12:24 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2013 01:28 PM by ClaudeX.)
Shhh....What to do? I still can't play...T_T

Any pro can advise me the next step?

My Graphics adapter: AMD Radeon HD 7450
Catalyst Version: 13.4
12-07-2013, 11:42 AM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2013 11:44 AM by Archimedes.)
Hey guys! I have been playing MH3rd HD for some time now, and every time I play it I encounter this graphical error:

[Image: Farm.jpg]
(click on it to fully view it)

Hey maybe it's just map specific bug, you might say. But no, it's not. Please take a look at these:

[Image: lvl1.jpg]

[Image: lvl2.jpg]

[Image: lvl3.jpg]

So what did I do about it? I tried starting the game with all settings off, then with all settings on, then with some off and some on and came to the conclusion that it's not from there. Then I toyed with the video card's driver options, updated them, did not downgraded though, same result. After a while I observed something. The error only appeared when the game ran in full screen. Well it's a little more to it than that.

You see, I have a 1920 x 1080 resolution. If the game runs on a resolution of 1920 x 1080, or one bigger than this one, or even close below this one (That is what I think, not sure though, the error could appear at even lower resolutions), that graphical error will surely show it's ugly face. My friend, who has a 1280 x 1024 resolution, also tested it and the error doesn't show up on his PC.

Oh, and about the fullscreen, it's not just fullscreen it's windowed to. Take a look:

[Image: Window.jpg]

Now I want your help to see if it's AMD video card specific thing. Please help me test this out, and post screens of your results. The "best" place to see the error is in the farm. Run around the mining point and it should show itself on the lower left side of your screen (look at the first picture I posted and you will see what I'm talking about).

If a dev is interested in this please tell me what extra information do you need. Here are my PC specs:

CPU: AMD Phemon II X6 1055T
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6870 (13.11 driver)

Thank you for your time!
12-07-2013, 04:58 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2013 04:59 PM by TheDax.)
IIRC, solarmystic and I tested your idea a while back, and I'm pretty sure it was an AMD/ATI thing. I could be mistaken, though. In any case, my Nvidia card isn't exhibiting this bug.

[Image: iIc5R7B4NC3Gn.jpg]

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
12-07-2013, 05:05 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2013 05:05 PM by Archimedes.)
(12-07-2013 04:58 PM)daxtsu Wrote:  IIRC, solarmystic and I tested your idea a while back, and I'm pretty sure it was an AMD/ATI thing. I could be mistaken, though. In any case, my Nvidia card isn't exhibiting this bug.
Thanks daxtsu! Really glad a Nvidia user could test it. I did post this on the MH3rd HD forum a while back but felt like it didn't get enough attention. Now we only need a AMD user to test it. I really hope the devs try to do something about it.
12-09-2013, 09:27 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2013 09:30 PM by solarmystic.)
@Archimedes

Hmm.. I can't reproduce the issue on my own ATi card (specs listed in signature). It looks perfectly fine on my end, exactly like the screenshot daxtsu posted from his NVIDIA card, both in full screen and windowed mode. For your reference, I also have a 1920x1080p screen that I'm using the emulator with.

I am using some pretty old drivers though (Catalyst 11.11a, which I personally recommend for fellow legacy ATI card owners), because they're the best for my legacy card when using this emulator. (The emulator is very finicky with newer drivers on legacy ATI/AMD cards)

[Image: iPAutqSQ8tLwk.jpg]

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
12-10-2013, 12:07 AM
Updated the first post to reflect the fact that Tekken 6 is much more playable on lower end AMD/ATI systems and CPUs now, thanks to the implementation of Software Skinning. Enabling the Texcoord Speed Hack in conjuction with Software Skinning is also highly recommended to maximise performance in that game.

Windows 7 x64 SP1

8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
12-10-2013, 05:52 AM
Thanks a ton solarmystic. I will try downgrading, even though something tells me this is gonna give me a ton of headakes.
12-18-2013, 09:14 PM
Hey i have been having a problem with MH:FU i'm running on Radeon 7560 HD card with Catalyst 13.9. The game runs for a good half hour or so then crashes, i've been using some of the recent builds from the GIT download page and all have the same problem.

Anymore info needed just let me know i'll try to provide as best i can
12-19-2013, 11:08 PM (This post was last modified: 12-19-2013 11:19 PM by solarmystic.)
(12-18-2013 09:14 PM)Devsta Wrote:  Hey i have been having a problem with MH:FU i'm running on Radeon 7560 HD card with Catalyst 13.9. The game runs for a good half hour or so then crashes, i've been using some of the recent builds from the GIT download page and all have the same problem.

Have you tried disabling the Advanced Catalyst A.I. from the Catalyst Control Panel? (also known as Disable surface format optimisation in the newer versions.)

What was the last build that worked well on your particular system for the game (if any)? Try some older builds until you hit the one that works for you so we can figure out what the exact issue is.

When PPSSPP (and the game) crashes, what is the faulty module as reported by the Windows Crash Reporting system?

Also, as the saying goes, newer ATI/AMD OGL drivers aren't always better for PPSSPP. If all else fails, try downgrading your drivers

Windows 7 x64 SP1

8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
12-20-2013, 07:29 PM
(12-19-2013 11:08 PM)solarmystic Wrote:  
(12-18-2013 09:14 PM)Devsta Wrote:  Hey i have been having a problem with MH:FU i'm running on Radeon 7560 HD card with Catalyst 13.9. The game runs for a good half hour or so then crashes, i've been using some of the recent builds from the GIT download page and all have the same problem.

Have you tried disabling the Advanced Catalyst A.I. from the Catalyst Control Panel? (also known as Disable surface format optimisation in the newer versions.)

What was the last build that worked well on your particular system for the game (if any)? Try some older builds until you hit the one that works for you so we can figure out what the exact issue is.

When PPSSPP (and the game) crashes, what is the faulty module as reported by the Windows Crash Reporting system?

Also, as the saying goes, newer ATI/AMD OGL drivers aren't always better for PPSSPP. If all else fails, try downgrading your drivers

To be honest i'm pretty new to this emulator, i starting using it on 13th Dec which would be the latest Official build, ive used a few dev builds but other then that not tried any older ones.

I have just turned off the Surface optimization setting you suggested and will try again soon.
Thanks for the reply will edit this post with info on if it worked, so not to clog up the thread with my issue Smile
12-23-2013, 04:36 AM (This post was last modified: 12-23-2013 05:16 AM by zetgeist.)
sooo. reading this thread has kinda gotten me twitchy.

I'm sitting here with win7ult64bit, and my comp has a really ancient integrated nvidia chipset (6150SE WHAT?!). it runs ppsspp to the best of it's abilities, and the only real graphical fail I tend to have is a universal problem with PSP2i.

but I'm being sent an amd/ati graphics card(HD6750). it's going to be an improvement on what the machine already has, by a long shot. but then I'll have problems with SRWZ2, much to my dismay... and I realize that I really don't know if there's any good way I can abuse having the nvidia chipset built in to the comp once I get the amd/ati card... but maybe someone here has gotten to play around with a setup that had both an nvidia card and an amd/ati card in it and can give me some ideas? <.<