Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 4.38 Average
CwCheat Support
11-16-2013, 03:39 AM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2013 03:57 AM by Otani.)
RE: CwCheat Support
Aight. Well, I am gonna try redownloaded 0.9.5 and trying this with a fresh install.

EDIT: Completely fresh install of 0.9.5. Put cheats.db in ppsspp/memstick/psp/cheats and it still does not import. No clue why this is happening. Guess I am stuck with making INI files by hand.

EDIT 2: Actually, I will just do what every good geek does, write a script to automate the process. Ill just write up a quick php console script to do it for me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-16-2013, 04:09 AM
"Making ini files by hand" you mean that your ini files aren't created automatically in the folder you put your cheat.db? If that's the case then it might not be what ppsspp takes as cheats folder at all. Normal procedure is just to open automatically created ini file and paste the cheats, nothing really bothersome. I kind of prefer that over cheat.db import as it trashes cheats menu with stuff I'll never use anyway;P, also some cheats like pretty much all those activated by keys need to be edited to work with ppsspp anyway.

You don't have to reinstall or anything, just check if you have a file called installed.txt inside your ppsspp directory. If you want your files to be stored directly under ppsspp directory just delete that file. Also just to make sure, you can check your "my documents"/"documents" folder if it has ppsspp directory with memstick and all the stuff as it can store files there even without "installed.txt" if it fails the write test in your ppsspp installation directory(windows can be overprotective and disallow writing in some folders if you don't run the program with admin rights).

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
11-16-2013, 04:20 AM
(11-16-2013 04:09 AM)LunaMoo Wrote:  "Making ini files by hand" you mean that your ini files aren't created automatically in the folder you put your cheat.db? If that's the case then it might not be what ppsspp takes as cheats folder at all. Normal procedure is just to open automatically created ini file and paste the cheats, nothing really bothersome. I kind of prefer that over cheat.db import as it trashes cheats menu with stuff I'll never use anyway;P, also some cheats like pretty much all those activated by keys need to be edited to work with ppsspp anyway.

You don't have to reinstall or anything, just check if you have a file called installed.txt inside your ppsspp directory. If you want your files to be stored directly under ppsspp directory just delete that file. Also just to make sure, you can check your "my documents"/"documents" folder if it has ppsspp directory with memstick and all the stuff as it can store files there even without "installed.txt" if it fails the write test in your ppsspp installation directory(windows can be overprotective and disallow writing in some folders if you don't run the program with admin rights).

No install.txt in the ppsspp directory, or any subdirectories. No ppsspp files in documents. And I just checked file permissions. Full control for all users.
11-16-2013, 05:08 AM
Well then maybe you just try with games it doesn't have or have only for different regions, ie. if your game is for example US and it has cheats only for JP version it'll obviously not import anything. I tested that file of yours on some Gundam game as it seems to have cheats for many japanese games.

I did not tried 0.9.5 release through(never even downloaded it), it had one later fixed bug which was related to import cheat.db, but all the bug was doing was deleting existing cheats if you had any in the ini file already during import, importing from 0 if you had no cheats in the ini file earlier should work same way. Just to be sure through you might try any recent git build from buildbot page.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
11-16-2013, 05:19 AM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2013 06:33 AM by Otani.)
Every game I have tried IS in the db file. I have checked manually. I have already written a php script that will take a game id (AAAA-#####) and grab the codes from the db file and write them to an appropriately named ini file. The game I have been trying most is Hexyz Forze US (ULUS-10506) which, you can check for yourself, is in the db file.

EDIT: Made progress on my lil console script. If you give it a game ID, it finds it in the db file, and writes the codes to an appropriately named INI file. If you don't provide it a game id, it searches its current directory for INI files, and search the db files for their names as Game IDs, so I can automaticly get the codes for ALL my INI files in my cheat directory.
11-16-2013, 09:12 AM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2013 09:13 AM by Otani.)
If you are having issues with PPSSPP 0.9.5 getting it to import cheat codes from a cheat.db file, I have written a PHP script that, if supplied a Game ID on the command line, will search the cheat.db file, and if it finds it in there, it will write the codes to an appropriately named INI file. If run without a Game ID, it will scan the directory that it is in for any INI files that follow the PPSSPP cheat file name format (ABCD12345.ini), and search for those Game IDs in the cheat.db file. If it finds codes, it will write them to the INI files. I have included an extensive README file.

Feel free to look at the PHP source. It is fully commented. And always scan any strange files for virii.

I tried SEVERAL times to upload the file through the forum itself, but no matter what, I could not get it down to a size that the forum would allow me to upload. I tried removing the cheat.db file. I tried both zip and rar compression. Nothing. So my friend uploaded it to his server for me.

http://alliedtaskforce.com/project/cheatdbscript.rar
11-16-2013, 05:40 PM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2013 05:43 PM by makotech222.)
The Cwcheat module already does what your script would do. It searches the cheat.db and imports the cheats according to the game ID.

I really don't know why all of you are having problems with importing from cheat.db. I just tried it on the latest version and it works fine. Make sure your cheat.db file is in the correct folder with all of your cheat inis, like here:

MainPPSSPPDir\memstick\PSP\Cheats
11-17-2013, 03:24 AM
As I said above, mine is in the proper place. And no matter what I do, it will not import cheats from the cheat.db file.
11-17-2013, 03:40 AM (This post was last modified: 11-17-2013 03:41 AM by Ritori.)
(11-17-2013 03:24 AM)Otani Wrote:  As I said above, mine is in the proper place. And no matter what I do, it will not import cheats from the cheat.db file.

Liked makotech222 i can confirm it work for me to, the game i testing is Gundam vs Gundam. Testing on v0.9.5-433-g4e05201 git build.

I worse write english so take easy on me
(even my own language realy bad T_T)

Rig to test now :
Windows 8 64 bit (Laptop)
Intel® Core™ i3-3110M (2.4GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
11-17-2013, 08:09 AM
(11-17-2013 03:24 AM)Otani Wrote:  As I said above, mine is in the proper place. And no matter what I do, it will not import cheats from the cheat.db file.
ceck the the content inside your cheat.db
maybe the game you played dos'nt have cheat inside your cheat.db
anyway are you using android or laptop ?

sorry any english mistake..please go easy on me i'm still learning
11-17-2013, 10:50 AM (This post was last modified: 11-17-2013 10:53 AM by Otani.)
(11-17-2013 08:09 AM)the end Wrote:  
ceck the the content inside your cheat.db
maybe the game you played dos'nt have cheat inside your cheat.db
anyway are you using android or laptop ?

Do you people not read previous posts? That has already been answered at least twice. EVERY SINGLE GAME I HAVE TRIED IS IN THE CHEAT.DB FILE. I have checked this manually, and with the php script I wrote. And I am not using android OR a laptop. I am using my desktop.
11-17-2013, 10:59 AM
(11-17-2013 10:50 AM)Otani Wrote:  EVERY SINGLE GAME I HAVE TRIED IS IN THE CHEAT.DB FILE. I have checked this manually, and with the php script I wrote. And I am not using android OR a laptop. I am using my desktop.

Did you tried some beta?
https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/4457
It's fixed already in the betas but it's not working on the official version

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
11-17-2013, 11:07 AM
Aight, updated to v0.9.5-442-gea7c1b5 and it worked.
11-23-2013, 10:15 PM (This post was last modified: 11-23-2013 10:20 PM by 王动字别情.)
_L 0x6aaaaaaa 0xbbbbbbbb
_L 0xqqq00002 0xcccccccc
_L 0x1sssssss 0x00000000
It seems this kind of code may get a wrong effect
The code up there is a kind of duplicate code(of pointing code) in the original CWcheat,it means:
Copy the value from address A ( The value in aaaaaaa,-08800000+cccccccc )to B(The value in ( aaaaaaa + qqq ×4),-08800000+sssssss )
But in PPSSPP the effect comes out more like a compression code(of pointing code),and the compression code(of pointing code) suppose to be written like this:
_L 0x6aaaaaa 0x000000 bb
_L 0xqqqDnnnn 0xcccccccc
_L 0x9ssssss 0x000000dd
11-24-2013, 02:17 AM
cheats arent working help
hello im using version 0.9.5 of ppsspp and i have cheats enabled i even put them into the proper ini how ever i cant find any cheat options in the drop down menu what am i doing wrong?