Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A question to the devs of PPSSPP
10-16-2013, 06:34 PM
A question to the devs of PPSSPP
I noticed that the development of PPSSPP is really fast. I mean, it reached this far in just a year. The fastest development of an emu I know. Really fast to run(though I guess PSP's low spec hardware helped here) and has a high compatibility.

So my question is, what helped you devs to build PPSSPP this fast ? is it mainly because a PSP emu has already been made which gave you more data on how to build PPSSPP or is it your skills in programming ?

And you guys are already on build 0.9.1. Are you guys planning to add features that is not on the original PSP or are you guys going to make another project ?

Athlon x4 635 @3.5
660 OC 2GB
4GB DDR3 @7-7-7-20
Gamers cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain something of equal value must be lost that is gaming world's first law of equivalent exchange. In those days, I really believed that would be the world's one and only truth.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-16-2013, 10:56 PM
RE: A question to the devs of PPSSPP
well I can say for sure that the more a console is documented the faster an emulator can be done. Their is even complete opensource systeme for the psp (looking exactly like xmb but hey!)

So yeah, since jpscsp was already pretty complete, the research and documentation was mostly done Smile

Hey everybody, tired of the way games are reported here? look here ->> http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5901

--Current Mobile device--
Htc one, Xplay, Walkman z, Samsung ace IIx (crap)

--Current Computer--
1x (e8200, shitty ram (3go), 9600gt)
1x (e6750, better ram (2go), no video card)
1x (i5-3210M, ram (4Go),650M)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-17-2013, 01:38 AM
There has been several PSP emulator projects before this which has eased development of all the parts that usually require reverse engineering. Also, the code style is built on a proven fast and efficient method that was also used for the Dolphin (Wii) emulator. All the code is very readable and easy to update. Most open-source emulator code I look at is extremely messy and entirely unreadable unless you wrote the code yourself.
10-17-2013, 02:57 AM
(10-16-2013 06:34 PM)akimikage Wrote:  Are you guys planning to add features that is not on the original PSP or are you guys going to make another project ?

i'm not dev but i'll answer Tongue

The PPSSPP has many features not available on real PSP. For example: antialiasing, custom shaders, texture filtering, texture scaling, and others. Smile

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
10-17-2013, 05:51 AM
So it's mostly because the data you need is already in the open.

(10-17-2013 02:57 AM)GuilhermeGS2 Wrote:  
(10-16-2013 06:34 PM)akimikage Wrote:  Are you guys planning to add features that is not on the original PSP or are you guys going to make another project ?

i'm not dev but i'll answer Tongue

The PPSSPP has many features not available on real PSP. For example: antialiasing, custom shaders, texture filtering, texture scaling, and others. Smile

Yeah, I know that XD . So what I'm asking is if they're planning to add "more" or if they're planning to move on to another project.

Athlon x4 635 @3.5
660 OC 2GB
4GB DDR3 @7-7-7-20
Gamers cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain something of equal value must be lost that is gaming world's first law of equivalent exchange. In those days, I really believed that would be the world's one and only truth.