Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 4.38 Average
CwCheat Support
10-12-2013, 03:07 PM
RE: CwCheat Support
Ifs its stating that theres 20 codes below it, and theres only 2, then its a badly written code. Theres nothing really to fix.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2013, 03:28 PM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2013 03:31 PM by dlanor.)
(10-12-2013 01:57 PM)王动字别情 Wrote:  well,I don't know whether it worth to be fixed or not,I only want to report it to you
And as I said,it is not a big problem.If you would fix it,that is awesome,if wouldn't, I can edit the code myself

I honestly think that this is just one more of MANY different types of badly designed cheat codes floating around. Every code designed to conditionally skip some lines should of course specify the correct number of lines to be skipped. Otherwise it's just insane/sloppy coding.

Perhaps you consider that too harsh, but these cheat.db files often do contain truly insane cheat collections.

eg: for a single specific game version, such a file might have three different cheat definitions for some cheat (like 'infinite money' or such), each with identical cheat title and identical cheat codes. Such a collection was obviously never made by a human being, who would by nature reject pointless duplication, but must have been made by some data collecting 'bot program searching for cheats online, or in some database, and simply combining them into lists regardless of their validity or duplication.

When many cheat files are created in such haphazard ways (and they are) there is simply no sensible way for an emulator program to fix all the possible errors. That must be done by a human being, if at all...

----- subtopic switch -----

If you've been using cheats that rely on the 0xE1xx00yy codes, and have had other problems with them malfunctioning, that is probably due to a recently discovered bug in how those conditionals were implemented by PPSSPP.

Instead of interpreting these codes correctly as tests of an 8-bit value, they were always interpreted as tests of a 16-bit value. (code 0xExxxyyyy). That bug was fixed in beta build 1665, but you had better use an even newer beta build. (Because builds 1642-1674 all had serious crashing issues on most Android devices.)

----- reply target switch -----

(10-12-2013 03:07 PM)makotech222 Wrote:  Ifs its stating that theres 20 codes below it, and theres only 2, then its a badly written code. Theres nothing really to fix.

Exactly. This is just one example of many possible coding errors that have to be fixed by a human being, as a computer program doesn't have the ability to evaluate precisely what causes the problem.

For instance, it might not be the number 20 that is wrong, but rather that some 18 lines went missing due to some editing error (or rather a 'bot error). That error could be obvious to a human, if the cheat title states that this cheat can affect lots of variables (not just two), but an automatic program trying to fix it would have no knowledge of this.

Best regards: dlanor
10-12-2013, 04:00 PM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2013 05:04 PM by 王动字别情.)
(10-12-2013 03:07 PM)makotech222 Wrote:  Ifs its stating that theres 20 codes below it, and theres only 2, then its a badly written code. Theres nothing really to fix.
OK,Maybe they are badly written codes,but the real CWcheat can read them without misunderstanding,and there are still many codes have been written like that
Maybe I shouldn't use the words "fix it" because it is not really a mistake or a bug something,but please forgive my poor English,I fail to find a suitable word to describe it
What I meant is if you could make this function out,just like CWcheat or something better,that will be wonderful,and more cheats out there can be used
Anyway,I meant no harm.If my words were undue,I'm truly sorry
10-13-2013, 10:21 AM
I cann't use any cheat for patapon 3. Is this a problem for anyone?
10-13-2013, 10:38 AM
(10-13-2013 10:21 AM)dandad Wrote:  I cann't use any cheat for patapon 3. Is this a problem for anyone?

I don't think anyone can help or advise you properly without more information. All you've given us is the name of a game, and we need a lot more to go on.

Such as:
What hardware are you running PPSSPP on ?
Which operating system do you have on that hardware ?
What stable version or beta build of PPSSPP are you using ?
What cheats did you try in the game ?
Is that the only game you've tried cheats with ?
Do cheats work or fail in other games (if you tried any) ?

Plus additional information that may be needed depending on your answers to those questions.

10-13-2013, 03:02 PM
(10-12-2013 04:00 PM)王动字别情 Wrote:  
OK,Maybe they are badly written codes,but the real CWcheat can read them without misunderstanding,and there are still many codes have been written like that
Maybe I shouldn't use the words "fix it" because it is not really a mistake or a bug something,but please forgive my poor English,I fail to find a suitable word to describe it
What I meant is if you could make this function out,just like CWcheat or something better,that will be wonderful,and more cheats out there can be used

I do have a viable solution for it, but it would take an entire re-write of pretty much everything in cwcheat to do it. I might do it one day for fun, but my free time is pretty limited. You will just have to make do without for a while.
10-13-2013, 03:13 PM
(10-13-2013 10:38 AM)dlanor Wrote:  
(10-13-2013 10:21 AM)dandad Wrote:  I cann't use any cheat for patapon 3. Is this a problem for anyone?

I don't think anyone can help or advise you properly without more information. All you've given us is the name of a game, and we need a lot more to go on.

Such as:
What hardware are you running PPSSPP on ?
Which operating system do you have on that hardware ?
What stable version or beta build of PPSSPP are you using ?
What cheats did you try in the game ?
Is that the only game you've tried cheats with ?
Do cheats work or fail in other games (if you tried any) ?

Plus additional information that may be needed depending on your answers to those questions.

I'm using ppsspp 0.9.1 and i tried to use the ka-ching code from many sources and it just didn't work. When i restarted the game with the codes on the game stuck at the now loading screen after load save. if i turn off the code, it'll turn back to normal. i use many cheats for other games and it works normal. I did a little googling and it looked like there's others can't use cheat for patapon 3 on ppsspp too
10-13-2013, 07:09 PM
(10-13-2013 03:13 PM)dandad Wrote:  I'm using ppsspp 0.9.1
Since you mention only those three digits I have to assume that you mean the last stable release version of 0.9.1, and not any of the many beta builds that have been made since then (currently at build 0.9.1-1795).

In the stable release of PPSSPP the cheat support was still rudimentary, so many features were not yet implemented, some of it was faulty, and much of the present support was not even thought of yet.

Quote: and i tried to use the ka-ching code from many sources and it just didn't work.
Again you give us too little to go on.

How is the word "ka-ching" going to help anyone deduce the technical reasons for that particular cheat not working ?

If we are to test this we need to know both the precise contents of that cheat code (from its ".ini" file) as well as the precise Sony ID code of the game. (Usually something like "ULUS-xxxxx", though the prefix varies with regions.)

Quote:When i restarted the game with the codes on the game stuck at the now loading screen after load save. if i turn off the code, it'll turn back to normal. i use many cheats for other games and it works normal. I did a little googling and it looked like there's others can't use cheat for patapon 3 on ppsspp too
That may well be true, though it's hard to say whether that's due to the emulator or faulty/ill-chosen cheat codes.

However, my first advise to you is to try your luck with a recent beta version of PPSSPP instead of the stable release. For me these work much better both for cheating and other features.

10-14-2013, 01:00 AM
@dandad if you can't use ka-ching cheats, just use this code
Quote:_C1 Critical Chariot ME
_L 0x007E8E6C 0x0000003E
_L 0x007E8E6D 0x00000003
_L 0x007E8E70 0x00000028

change that code 0x00000028 to 0x00000099 to get item +153, save and go to some quest
just finish that quest normaly, after you've done with it go to armory search for item that has +153 in it, you can dismantle that item for 3m of ka-ching

i can use equipment cheats for this game, but you only can activated 1 cheat per-quest (to get equipment cheats to work, just activated that cheat and go to some random quest, finish it and after that check your armory)

my english is poor , sorry
10-14-2013, 02:39 AM
on 0.9.1 if your cheats doesnt work try to compress the ISO to CSO, it work for me all time
10-14-2013, 12:15 PM (This post was last modified: 10-14-2013 12:16 PM by 王动字别情.)
(10-13-2013 03:02 PM)makotech222 Wrote:  
(10-12-2013 04:00 PM)王动字别情 Wrote:  

I do have a viable solution for it, but it would take an entire re-write of pretty much everything in cwcheat to do it. I might do it one day for fun, but my free time is pretty limited. You will just have to make do without for a while.
Oh!That's good enough,thank you for your working on this program again.
10-14-2013, 02:49 PM
The first post should probably be updated to reflect the fact that cheats have moved to wherever you're storing your memstick now, under PSP/Cheats.

So for Windows, that'd be(by default): memstick/PSP/Cheats, and on Android that'd be: PSP/Cheats on your SD card(though I think this is where they always went, right? I forget..).

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
10-14-2013, 08:08 PM
(10-14-2013 02:49 PM)daxtsu Wrote:  So for Windows, that'd be(by default): memstick/PSP/Cheats, and on Android that'd be: PSP/Cheats on your SD card(though I think this is where they always went, right? I forget..).

That is where they always were stored on Android.

10-14-2013, 09:06 PM
updated main post. thanks daxtsu
10-15-2013, 02:27 PM
did it work on android platform???