Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Katekyo Hitman Reborn - Kizuna no Tag Battle
02-21-2013, 03:09 AM
Katekyo Hitman Reborn - Kizuna no Tag Battle
Fully playable on latest Git build for android. When it starts you get a screen that only says "OK." Just press circle. The screen will be black for a few seconds before the developer logos come up and the main menu loads. In the menus the game runs between 30 and 40 fps, 60 if frame skipping is on. (Frame skipping mixed with buffered rendering causes flickering in menus. In-game is fine though.) In-game the emulator runs between 20 and 35 fps with frame skipping on, maybe more depending on arena. (I haven't checked them all.) No graphics glitches apparent to me at the moment. These settings work best for me. [Buffered Rendering, Hardware Transform, Vertex Cache, Hit, Fastmem, frame skipping]. Other settings just slow it down.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-23-2013, 10:50 PM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2013 10:53 PM by threeTH.)
the Katekyoo Hitman Reborn! open frame skipping screen does not flicker
open frame skip
fps≈40
cpu:8064
The name of the game: Katekyoo Hitman Reborn! Kizuna no Tag Battle

02-24-2013, 02:26 AM
RE: the Katekyoo Hitman Reborn! open frame skipping screen does not flicker
(02-23-2013 10:50 PM)threeTH Wrote:  open frame skip
fps≈40
cpu:8064
The name of the game: Katekyoo Hitman Reborn! Kizuna no Tag Battle

I was referring to the menus, and yes I've realized that if you mess with the settings a bit it can be fixed.
02-26-2013, 07:09 PM
RE: the Katekyoo Hitman Reborn! open frame skipping screen does not flicker
Please post in the existing treads!

/merged
02-26-2013, 10:50 PM
RE: Katekyo Hitman Reborn - Kizuna no Tag Battle
Finally ran across an odd bug. In-battle, if you try to use a D-box (circle button) then the game will freeze. It's not a normal freeze though. The player's character jumps back like they're supposed to, but nothing happens after that. Both combatants just stand there, playing with their weapons like they do normally when not being moved around, and the affects in arenas are still moving. You can't take control of the game after that as it no longer reads any input. You have to restart the emulator before you can do anything else.
02-26-2013, 11:58 PM
Does it say anything interesting in the log? Sounds like it's waiting for some syscall or thread to do something.

-[Unknown]
02-27-2013, 12:52 AM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2013 12:52 AM by EvilKingStan.)
(02-26-2013 11:58 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Does it say anything interesting in the log? Sounds like it's waiting for some syscall or thread to do something.

-[Unknown]

How do I go about making a log like that on android? I've never actually done one before.
02-27-2013, 01:13 AM
Hmm, I don't know. I guess this is how?

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...51#pid3751

-[Unknown]
02-27-2013, 01:41 AM
(02-27-2013 01:13 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Hmm, I don't know. I guess this is how?

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...51#pid3751

-[Unknown]

Well, I managed to get a logcat going, but it doesn't really matter now. I was using an older git build. After updating to rev 754 the problem doesn't happen anymore. So it's already fixed. Blush Probably should've checked to make sure I was up-to-date before posting bugs. Thanks anyways though. Sorry for wasting time.