Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Error PPSSPP
09-21-2013, 04:12 PM
Error PPSSPP
I was trying to open a game in PPSSPP but it only said "Error loading file: just a directory." What should I do?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-21-2013, 06:04 PM
RE: Error PPSSPP
With that little information nobody can, or will, help you.

1. which ppsspp version?
2. which operating system?
3. and most importantly, what game?

I'm sorry, but I can't constantly keep an eye on all the game compatibility threads I started.
Please send a Private Message if you need some more information.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-21-2013, 07:09 PM
(09-21-2013 06:04 PM)Tabman Wrote:  With that little information nobody can, or will, help you.

1. which ppsspp version?
2. which operating system?
3. and most importantly, what game?

I don't know about the other guy but I am getting the same message, I'm pretty sure its just the game that I am trying to load but I want to check with someone more knowledgeable with this. Any help you can give would be great!

PPSSPP Version: 0.9.1
Operating System: Android: 4.1.2
HTC Sense Version: 5.0
Game: Final Fantasy VII PSN Version
09-21-2013, 07:14 PM (This post was last modified: 09-21-2013 07:14 PM by TheDax.)
Quote:Final Fantasy VII PSN Version

If you mean the original FF7 and not Crisis Core, PPSSPP doesn't support PS1 eboots.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
09-21-2013, 07:18 PM
(09-21-2013 07:14 PM)daxtsu Wrote:  
Quote:Final Fantasy VII PSN Version

If you mean the original FF7 and not Crisis Core, PPSSPP doesn't support PS1 eboots.

Yes it was FF7 eboot, but i converted it over to an iso file, when it didn't work I tried cso and neither of them work
09-21-2013, 07:20 PM
Hence why I just said "PPSSPP doesn't support PS1 eboots."

We don't emulate Sony's PS1 emulator and have no plans on supporting it.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
09-21-2013, 08:48 PM
(09-21-2013 07:18 PM)Montt Wrote:  Yes it was FF7 eboot, but i converted it over to an iso file, when it didn't work I tried cso and neither of them work

daxtsu's reply is of course definitive as regards running FF7 in PPSSPP.
Like he said, PS1 support is simply not implemented and won't be.

I'd like to elaborate a bit on this though, by adding that using an emulator on a physical platform to emulate another platform in order to run another emulator to emulate a third platform is a hopelessly inefficient thing to do.

It can work, if the physical platform is sufficiently superior to the third platform, but it simply isn't worth doing. You'd be far better off finding an emulator for that third platform which will run on your physical platform. And in the case of PS1 emulation that should be no problem.

There are several good PS1 emulators available for PCs as well as Android.
I won't name any of them here, as that would be too off-topic in a PPSSPP-specific forum, but you can easily find them by googling "PS1 emulator".

Finally, if you converted PS1 FF7 to just a single ISO file, as your post states, then it has no chance of working anywhere. Original FF7 consists of three PS1 discs, so with just one ISO you only have a third of the game.

If you really want FF7 on a modern platform, then perhaps you should look into getting the official remake of the game from Square-Enix. That's what I did recently, and it works fine on my Win7_x64 PC (unlike the original release of FF7 for PC, which I also have).

Best regards: dlanor
09-21-2013, 10:42 PM
Mine is:
Windows 7
Dangan Ronpa