Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can something be done about crashing when toggling fullscreen ?
09-15-2013, 12:49 PM
Can something be done about crashing when toggling fullscreen ?
When i try to toggle fullscreen - there is a high chance that the emu will crash, mostly when exiting fullscreen but sometimes when entering it. It's been this way at least since April's builds, possibly earlier i dont know.

Fullscreen has higher speeds and i'd play in fullscreen exclusively, but if i need to do something in other apps - Alt-Tabbing doesnt work for PPSSPP, it still stays on top, even with "Keep on top" unchecked. So the only way is to F11 out of fullscreen, with hope that it doesnt crash. Which it does about every third time or so.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-15-2013, 01:46 PM
RE: Can something be done about crashing when toggling fullscreen ?
Have you used any newer development builds as of today? I redesigned some of how the fullscreen stuff works in Windows, and the changes only got merged today.

Aside from that, you didn't give us any info(PC specs, revision of PPSSPP, etc.), so it's hard to say what it might be.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
09-20-2013, 03:18 AM (This post was last modified: 09-20-2013 03:18 AM by karry299.)
Right. Win7 SPx64, i5-3470, HD7850 on 13.4 drivers. revision 0.9.1-828.
09-20-2013, 04:09 AM
I have just tested this both with 0.9.1-828 windowsx64 and 0.9.1-1055 windowsx64 by repeatedly pressing F11 for a few minutes in each without any crashes. With that said does it only crash with a specific game when entering and exiting full screen or with every game you play? If it's only one game could you tell me the name and region of it and if I have it I will try it and see if I can reproduce the crash with it.
09-22-2013, 11:31 AM
(09-20-2013 04:09 AM)mr.chya Wrote:  I have just tested this both with 0.9.1-828 windowsx64 and 0.9.1-1055 windowsx64 by repeatedly pressing F11 for a few minutes in each without any crashes. With that said does it only crash with a specific game when entering and exiting full screen or with every game you play? If it's only one game could you tell me the name and region of it and if I have it I will try it and see if I can reproduce the crash with it.

Another relevant question here is if karry299 gets this problem both when making the full-screen swith during gameplay and when making the switch with game paused in the in-game PPSSPP menu. That could make a lot of difference, since there isn't any active emulation work going on while paused like that.

Best regards: dlanor